Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@hhman 
Many of us have been using personal api keys for years without issue. I've never heard of any issues with multiple g-mail accounts either, I've had 3+ for years as well.

@defunkt
You won't be logged in after adding the keys, but they are required for signing in. You still have to go through the Sign In process on the root page, this will give the dialogs you're expecting.
Yes .apps.googleusercontent.com is always stripped from the client id.
Once you get your Kodi version YouTube api's set how do you get the trailers to play again on the video addon you use in Kodi ? As for me after I created the Api keys in YouTube they still don't play as it use to 2 weeks ago without creating a api key. So what changed ? The Trailers feature in the Video addon used the YouTube addon in Kodi to watch the trailers...
@Ojib
I'd need more information and a complete debug log (wiki), 'still don't play' doesn't give us much to go on.
If you don't use the add-on directly but only use it for trailers, or sharing from remotes etc, see post #2 for the alpha version. In the alpha version playback doesn't require API access, so anything using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= urls should work without keys.
(2020-02-27, 19:03)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Ojib
I'd need more information and a complete debug log (wiki), 'still don't play' doesn't give us much to go on.
If you don't use the add-on directly but only use it for trailers, or sharing from remotes etc, see post #?2 for the alpha version. In the alpha version playback doesn't require API access, so anything using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= urls should work without keys.
?
@Ojib Oh, dear. Did you ever read the forum rules (wiki), specifically the bits about piracy and banned addons (wiki)? I mean, seriously, using them to even post your log is more brazen than most...  

If you want any help here, remove all of the nonsense from your system and see if you can replicate the problem. We cannot and will not help when we don't know if some dodgy piracy addon is causing your problem (e.g. by over-writing a core Kodi application file).
(2020-02-27, 18:53)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@hhman 
Many of us have been using personal api keys for years without issue. I've never heard of any issues with multiple g-mail accounts either, I've had 3+ for years as well.

@defunkt
You won't be logged in after adding the keys, but they are required for signing in. You still have to go through the Sign In process on the root page, this will give the dialogs you're expecting.
I have got very close to getting YouTube to work with my personal API keys but I'm not quite there yet. I go through the double sign in process, but on entering the code on the final 2nd sign in, I am greeted with a warning triangle and the message "The app is not verified" - The app hasn't been verified by Google yet........I can then go no further other than click on a "Return to Safety" button on the message page. Can anybody offer a solution to this problem. Thanks for all the help so far.
(2020-02-27, 18:53)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]You won't be logged in after adding the keys, but they are required for signing in. You still have to go through the Sign In process on the root page, this will give the dialogs you're expecting.
D'oh! Of course (it all comes back to me now) - I'd hidden that folder entry. Thank you!
@PSYCHOUT 'I can then go no further other than click on a "Return to Safety" button on the message page. Can anybody offer a solution to this problem.' 

Using Chrome I have an (IIRC) "Advanced " hyper-link a bit below that which, when expanded, will allow you to proceed.
(2017-12-21, 22:01)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to here to create your YouTube API key.

https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

My problem solved about having an error regarding the youtube add-on from Kodi media player. Casting from my mobile phone to PC is now working. Many thanks
(2020-02-27, 19:03)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Ojib
If you don't use the add-on directly but only use it for trailers, or sharing from remotes etc, see post #2 for the alpha version. In the alpha version playback doesn't require API access, so anything using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= urls should work without keys.

hi
does it mean I can use this beta version IF I only use yatse's share on my phone to kodi WITHOUT creating keys ?
I discover this web service called amara.org which you can contribute subtitles for ANY youtube video (even if you do not own the video).
Amara.org provides a good set of API which I can fetch the subtitle essentially in .srt
However, amara.org runs their own video_id within Amara (but I can match amara.org's video_id with the original Youtube video_id from within amara.org's API)

So I am looking at ways to make Kodi to automatically display subtitle for a Youtube video whenever there are subtitle available for that Youtube video in Amara.org

As i am new to Kodi development, should I look into development a subtitle service addon?
What code base should I be referencing from? (Perhaps service.subtitles.opensubtitle ?)
Or should I put the functionalities into Youtube Addon?
@ClaudeR
Yes, using the alpha you should be able to use Yatse sharing, Trailers, etc without keys. The rest of the add-on requires keys.

@csvke 
I would look into subtitle service first, not sure of a good example as I've never written/read any. If that doesn't work out as expect, I'd try a script.module that other add-ons could use to request subtitles.
Hello 

I am running  YouTube (6.6.0) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.17. 

Last week I did the required API key renewal. Everything was working fine until yesterday. Now I have the following error in my log 
Quote:[2020-02-28 21:57:36.418 T:140191624275712   ERROR: /home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py:1004: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning,
2020-02-28 21:57:36.585 T:140191624275712   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 99, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 132, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 1485, in on_root
                                                playlists = resource_manager.get_related_playlists(channel_id='mine')
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 183, in get_related_playlists
                                                result = self._update_channels([channel_id])
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 50, in _update_channels
                                                channel_id = items[0]['id']
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-02-28 21:57:36.726 T:140191777306368   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any file
2020-02-28 21:57:36.735 T:140191632668416   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
2020-02-28 21:57:36.739 T:140193690486912   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
Full log here

Any idea ?
(2020-02-28, 23:06)yomgui Wrote: [ -> ]Hello 

I am running  YouTube (6.6.0) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.17. 

Last week I did the required API key renewal. Everything was working fine until yesterday. Now I have the following error in my log 
Quote:[2020-02-28 21:57:36.418 T:140191624275712   ERROR: /home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py:1004: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
                                              InsecureRequestWarning,
2020-02-28 21:57:36.585 T:140191624275712   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 99, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 132, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 1485, in on_root
                                                playlists = resource_manager.get_related_playlists(channel_id='mine')
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 183, in get_related_playlists
                                                result = self._update_channels([channel_id])
                                              File "/home/yomgui/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 50, in _update_channels
                                                channel_id = items[0]['id']
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-02-28 21:57:36.726 T:140191777306368   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any file
2020-02-28 21:57:36.735 T:140191632668416   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
2020-02-28 21:57:36.739 T:140193690486912   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
Full log here

Any idea ? 
Did everything (created 3 keys) and then tried method 1 and it didn't work, tried method 3 and I could do 2 step verify but as soon as that's done I get locked out. "YouTube error. Check log"
Tried a few times and out of ideas. Any help?