Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And perhaps also read the VPN policy (wiki), for completeness.
(2018-10-24, 12:04)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]@garydebergerac I thinks you can do best:
- Post a sample link here..... someone can test same link on him configuration.
- Post your kodi setup. What's version of addons you use.... how and when for example.
etc etc
 Literally any video from NFL's account.  I just tested this one, sending to Kodi from the send to Kodi Firefox addon and I get video unavailable.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H914QvhwXQ

I'm on LibreElec 8.2.5, Kodi 17.6 and Youtube addon is 6.2.  And to reiterate, every other video plays fine, it's only videos from the NFL's official account.  And it doesn't matter whether I share it from my phone, from firefox, and use the addons search function, so it seems to be definitely related to something that they are doing with the NFLs YouTube account.
(2018-10-24, 12:35)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]And perhaps also read the VPN policy (wiki), for completeness.
 I'm not sure if you are replying to me, but the VPN was just to eliminate geoblocking as a cause.  I don't have VPN on my phone or PC, and the videos play fine there
Hi, I've just updated to 6.2.0, but I'm unable to watch F1 channel's videos. It tells me: Video unavalaible. https://is.gd/e9rk4c
@garydebergerac only for purpose test... i have tryed the video linked by you and on my kodi setup it's NOT works...... you use DASH enabled ? Have you tryed whit and whitout ? Have you also tryed to step back some version of youtube addons ?

I thinks at this point it's not a good idea to post a full debug log can @anxdpanic can check how appends on your setup.........

Same things can be done by @Derthona83 for example.......

*EDIT*
There's no a debug log but it's say:
Code:
17:24:10.334 T:1361048320  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.2.0) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
                                                Path: /special/watch_history_tv/
                                                Params: {}
17:24:25.440 T:1179644672  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.2.0) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
                                                Path: /play/
                                                Params: {'video_id': '5H914QvhwXQ'}
17:24:27.888 T:1925671424   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=5H914QvhwXQ]
17:24:47.122 T:1637077760  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.2.0) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
                                                Path: /play/
                                                Params: {'video_id': '5H914QvhwXQ'}
17:24:49.666 T:1925671424   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=5H914QvhwXQ]
First try whit DASH disabled.... second whit DASH enabled.
@Triplem1075
The log shows banned addons (wiki), will require a clean debug log-banned add-ons removed- for support here. You will also need to enable debug logging and reproduce your issue before uploading the log. See debug log (wiki) for more information.

@garydebergerac, @Derthona83, @DjDiabolik

I've updated post #2 with 6.2.1~beta1 which should resolve the issue with some videos being unavailable.
(2018-10-24, 17:54)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@garydebergerac, @Derthona83, @DjDiabolik

I've updated post #2 with 6.2.1~beta1 which should resolve the issue with some videos being unavailable.
 Nice, confirmed fixed!
@anxdpanic on my osmc i have install this 6.2.1-beta1. I can also confirm, for purpose test because it's not in my interest Smile, the NFL video now it's works but now during the normal usage of addons i obtain two times kodi completely hangs whitout any motive:
it happened to me twice a few minutes away and ever after i complete to watch a video or sometime when i stay to navigate the video list or on "My Subscripction" or on "Trending" video list............. kodi it's not crash whit a bad face or similar but simply stop to respond at remote and remain hangs on a still image and my pi2 it's not reachable by ssh or ftp service. The only solution it's unplug the power source..............

When i reboot manually my pi2 i have tryed to do a look on kodi.old.log (the file of old session right?) and watch the last line and it's appears the "normal" strings of youtube addons usage and when hangs apparently nothigs it's reported........
It's been a year or so since I tried to use Kodi and YouTube add-on. I abandoned it because it was unreliable, kept trashing the recording database and documentation was poor.
I know it's a project staffed by volunteers for people like me who receive it gratis (though I'll happily donate when warranted) and I'm not writing to punish them, but to check if my current assessment is accurate or not.

So - utterly sick of my Sony TV's YouTube interface (which was always crap and now ignores "You may skip this ad" clicks a regular basis) I'm trying Kodi again with the latest Krypton and YouTube add-on 6.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3b and - although the problems have moved around - the overall conclusion seems to be that if you want a solid reliable TV/YouTube/PVR replacement Kodi/YouTube add-on still isn't it.
It crashes once or twice a day in the couple of hours i use it, when I'm just doing boring things which usually work, and experience suggests that I won't get too many of those before it's all trashed and I'll have to re-install it again. I have a 3 amp quality power supply.
Default YouTube settings give a text list of video and not the thumbnail wall. Whatever settings I set seem to apply only for page 1 of whatever I'm looking at. Subsequent pages revert to the text. Why have pages anyway? Why not populate a huge page as you scroll down? No settings cover the basics which the grim Sony app provides without breaking a sweat which is really annoying. LIKE/DISLIKE is clunky. Seeing links is 3 menus down. Video descriptions do not include channel names. Watched videos remain in the wall taking up space pointlessly. The RECOMMENDED video list is not the same nor as good here as it is in the Sony TV YouTube app - with fewer, older videos, though I'm logged in as the same user.
Hello! I have a problem with Youtube addon. It just wont work after i reinstalled Kodi. Here is the log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/qucahalilo.kodi

api_keys.json file doesnt exist, I've checked the folder. Please help. Other addons that depend on this one wont work either with the same error in the log...
I seems that i have found what's causing the problem. My Windows username is "Siniša" so user folder is under the same name. It's seems Youtube addon doesnt recognize "š", as log shows my folder name to be "Sini\xc5\xa1a". Thats the reason why it cant find the path. Can this be fixed somehow?
@ChrisKlondike

I'm sorry but I can't agree with your conclusions, either 1 year ago or today. I use the YouTube addon every single day, sometimes for extended periods at a time, and I have over 100 channels that I am subscribed to and watch videos from regularly.

Most of the problems you mention can be solved by changing the settings, and/or simply better understanding how the YouTube addon (and Kodi in general) works.

Some remaining problems might be due to your setup, your version, your hardware, and/or your OS. Eg: the YouTube addon never crashes for me (on Windows and Android with Kodi v17.6 and YouTube v6.2.0 unofficial, for added view options), so your daily crashes which you say then results in "it's all trashed and I'll have to re-install it again" is simply not normal, and not the experience of most users here.

Some answers to your issues can be found in the FAQ in Post 4 on Page 1 here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2681561

Other issues we may be able to assist you with troubleshooting, but I would suggest an improvement in attitude and tone as well if you want people to be willing and helpful.

Finally, please also post a log: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
Yeah, about my attitude - it's chicken and egg, you know? Your attitude and mine, that is.

I visited your FAQ. It talks about the problem with not being able to set views in the YouTube app, explaining that it can no longer be done because the policy is to do it in skins instead.
Well firstly, you CAN still do it, but it only works for the first page, so the FAQ's wrong.
Secondly, why set policies and then ignore them?
Thirdly, why partially correct the problem? Why leave the UI that (sort of) does it in place? It's a cracking way to really baffle and annoy people across the planet for want of commenting out some code.

And that's one issue among many issues. here's another: the downloads page is another disaster. The headline current version ISN'T the current version and download links don't work.

This forum is itself an example of infuriating poor organisation. It's a single conversation which is 70 pages long. That means conversations are splattered across each other. It's like talking to someone on the other side of a busy train station. It took me a few minutes to work out that yes - this really is the place to report bugs. It's an ergonomic disaster.

The volunteers which made Kodi and its add-ons are clearly very smart people and give their time generously. Then they seriously damage the Kodi user base with this kind of can't-be-bothered attitude.

I demand a refund. Hehehehe.
Unfortunately some of your comments about functionality remain incorrect.

But with the continued attitude, sorry I have got more interesting things to do (like maybe watching YouTube on my perfectly working setup... Tongue ) than to provide more assistance in this case.

I also didn't see any Log file attached. Perhaps someone else here will be more patient.
I'm not looking for help. beyond asking if I was the only one seeing the problems.
You seem to be confusing attitude with selective dishonesty. Whatever.