Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@"xbmclinuxuser" and @infodroid 
AkariDN has submitted the fix already, it's been reviewed and approved so it's just a matter of time before it's merged and resolved in Kodi.
As for a temporary fix, see post #2 alpha version. Note: once resolved in Kodi the watched marks from the temp fix will be reset.

@jero94
Will need a debug log (wiki), enable debug logging, restart Kodi, reproduce the issue and submit the resulting log.
If the video stops playing after 10 seconds;
  • set InputStream Adaptive -> Settings -> Stream selection -> manual
  • change video stream from the OSD during playback to preferred working resolution
I'm sorry, here is the debug log: http://ix.io/1mOf
InputStream Adaptive -> Settings -> Stream selection -> manual is set, but no change appeared
Video does not even start...
Thanks.
@jero94
The video you're attempting to play appears to be unavailable. To confirm you can visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yozK8O0MeA while logged in. For The Book Thief it appears to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf1IAyk5H6w If this video works from the website while logged in, you can search for cf1IAyk5H6w in the add-on to play it there. This is something that can't be corrected in the add-on, seems like the video id was changed and Purchases weren't updated.

Edit: Are you able to play this video from the youtube website under Purchases? If so, which video id is used?
(2018-09-16, 14:04)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@"xbmclinuxuser" and @infodroid 
AkariDN has submitted the fix already, it's been reviewed and approved so it's just a matter of time before it's merged and resolved in Kodi.
As for a temporary fix, see post #2 alpha version. Note: once resolved in Kodi the watched marks from the temp fix will be reset.
Thank you, much appreciated!  I installed the alpha version and although all my old watched flags are gone, new ones actually are saved.
(2018-09-16, 16:26)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@jero94
The video you're attempting to play appears to be unavailable. To confirm you can visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yozK8O0MeA while logged in. For The Book Thief it appears to be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf1IAyk5H6w If this video works from the website while logged in, you can search for cf1IAyk5H6w in the add-on to play it there. This is something that can't be corrected in the add-on, seems like the video id was changed and Purchases weren't updated.

Edit: Are you able to play this video from the youtube website under Purchases? If so, which video id is used?
Dont know whats wrong with this exact video, I can watch it on my desktop PC at it has the same video ID. I have tried another movie. Maybe I'm asking the wrong person. If so, I am deeply sorry. :-)
Link to log: http://ix.io/1mPy
Thanks.
Hello guys,

After a scary upgrade from Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (Xenial Xerus) to Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS (Bionic Beaver) I have the following problem with the YouTube addon.
Can anyone suggest how to fix this ?

Thank you.

00:41:36.846 T:140421516670144   ERROR: Control 52 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:41:37.404 T:140418999842560  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.1.4) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.15rc1
                                                Path: /
                                                Params: {}
00:41:37.488 T:140418999842560   ERROR: From cffi callback
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR: <function _verify_callback at 0x7fb5e0d10578>
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR: :
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR:   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 315, in wrapper
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR: _lib.X509_up_ref(x509)
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR: AttributeError
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR: :
00:41:37.489 T:140418999842560   ERROR: 'module' object has no attribute 'X509_up_ref'
00:41:37.491 T:140418999842560   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'>
                                            Error Contents: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.googleapis.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth2/v4/token (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'ssl3_get_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')],)",),))
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 43, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 87, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 118, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 1237, in on_root
                                                client = self.get_client(context)  # required for self.is_logged_in()
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 315, in get_client
                                                access_token_kodi, expires_in_kodi = client.refresh_token(refresh_tokens[1])
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/login_client.py", line 118, in refresh_token
                                                result = requests.post(url, data=post_data, headers=headers, verify=self._verify)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 112, in post
                                                return request('post', url, data=data, json=json, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/api.py", line 58, in request
                                                return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 512, in request
                                                resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 622, in send
                                                r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 511, in send
                                                raise SSLError(e, request=request)
                                            SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='www.googleapis.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oauth2/v4/token (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: Error([('SSL routines', 'ssl3_get_server_certificate', 'certificate verify failed')],)",),))
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
00:41:37.604 T:140419761420032  NOTICE: EMBY.kodimonitor -> Method: Other.check_settings Data: ["%7B%22httpd_address%22%3A%20%220.0.0.0%22%2C%20%22use_httpd%22%3A%20false%2C%20%22whitelist%22%3A%20%22%22%2C%20%22httpd_port%22%3A%2050152%7D"]
00:41:37.619 T:140421516670144   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
00:41:37.620 T:140421516670144   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
(2018-09-16, 23:46)Kel_Sceptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

After a scary upgrade from Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (Xenial Xerus) to Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS (Bionic Beaver) I have the following problem with the YouTube addon.

Thank you.
Looks like your certificate store needs update. Not sure about linux, but in Kodi windows it uses script.module.certifi-2017.07.27.1.zip
Are you running through any proxy?
Hi again @anxdpanic

Any plans to include speed adjustments under Settings cogwheel (480p, 540p, 720p) on YouTube much as in browsers?

Currently no such thing on the plug-in.
@anxdpanic It's possible to add the "Refresh" feature also when you stay to navigate a channel content ? For example if you reach a channel after a search you need to step backward and re-enter in the channel to see if new content it's released by this users....
(2018-09-17, 00:59)gujal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-09-16, 23:46)Kel_Sceptic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

Thank you.
Looks like your certificate store needs update. Not sure about linux, but in Kodi windows it uses script.module.certifi-2017.07.27.1.zip
Are you running through any proxy? 

Seems like it was from the cryptography package. After upgrading it, everything works ok.

Thank you for poiting out the certificate part, I've really missed it.

pip uninstall cryptography
Uninstalling cryptography-1.7.2:
  Would remove:
    /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography-1.7.2-py2.7.egg-info
    /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cryptography/*
Proceed (y/n)? y
  Successfully uninstalled cryptography-1.7.2

pip install cryptography
Requirement already satisfied: cryptography in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (2.1.4)
does resume works with mpeg dash enable 1080p on the a nvidia shield tv and if it do how can i make it work

thanks
Hey y'all. I was just wondering how to configure this so that English subtitles are available by hitting the subtitle button but are turned off by default. Right now it seems like my only option is no subtitles at all or having them on by default.
@jero94
Looks like the other purchase played fine, I'm also not sure what's happening with that particular video other than the add-on is not receiving the expected information. Is the failing video an older purchase?

@DjDiabolik
Will look at adding that, the refresh context menu item is available in certain areas atm so it shouldn't take much.

@siliconhippy
That is a player level feature. From the keyboard on Kodi 17+ while playing a video, pressing alt+left slows the tempo and alt+right increases tempo. Configuring the remote etc is beyond this thread, but you can find more information @ https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=10023 Post #1 has a link to where to start reading from. Edit: This requires enabling Kodi settings -> Player settings -> Videos -> Sync playback to display

@jrod10133
It should, unless you're using the 18 nightlies. We're currently waiting for the fix to be merged for Leia. There is also a playback history that is handled by the add-on, see Settings - Advanced - Use playback history. 

@liebezeit
A couple options;
Setting Kodi's Player settings - Language - Preferred subtitle language to None and then enable subtitles from the OSD when you want to use them.
Or with the latest alpha in post #2, set Settings - General - Configure subtitles to None, and use the new context menu item 'Play with subtitles' when you want to use subtitles.
On Android Kodi 17.6 using my own API key, I have constantly errors opening various youtube videos...they play at 2nd or 3rth attempt or when try to sign in again appears error..succed with 2nd or 3rd attempt but errors insist on opening videos....sometimes play at 1st, others times at 2nd or 3rth attempt. I have tried 100's times with clean install using v6.1.4 or v6.2.0.alpha6 but no difference at all.
I'm using DNS of cloudflare on router.
https://i.postimg.cc/dVkGk4YJ/Screenshot...1_Kodi.jpg
(2018-09-19, 14:09)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@siliconhippy
That is a player level feature. From the keyboard on Kodi 17+ while playing a video, pressing alt+left slows the tempo and alt+right increases tempo. Configuring the remote etc is beyond this thread, but you can find more information @ https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=10023 Post #1 has a link to where to start reading from. Edit: This requires enabling Kodi settings -> Player settings -> Videos -> Sync playback to display

@anxdpanic

Thanks for resolving the Youtube HLS m3u list problem- it did get fixed in Kodi 18beta2 I used on my CoreElec 8.95.2 build on A95X (S905X) box !

1. I wasn't asking about speeding up/down the video, but about increasing/ decreasing the YouTube playback resolution manually, just like you can via the settings cogwheel in a browser.

2. While we are at it what kind of channel switching speed (clicking on a new channel or starting channel after list loading) should I expect on YouTube streaming from an IPTV list in PVR Simple IPTV Client? My average channel switch is about 10 sec (9-11 sec) in your plugin.

3. I found a strange behavior with my curated lists in m3u both in Kodi 17.6 and 18 beta2. Some are Youtube live TV channels, others I got from public IPTV lists.

When I play from my hard drive in IPTV Simple Client all the 70+ channels play fine with logos.
However when I take the m3u list opened in notepad++ 7.5.8 (latest version, same problem with a previous one) and then copy paste into pastebin (either directly or as text only paste) to get a URL for access from PVR, I get additional unknown blank channels with no logos (500+ of them !) Don't know why the list gets populated with garbage entries.

The original channels are all there in between the fake empty ones and play fine with logos.
Is this a encoding/format problem, eg, Notepad++ > Edit > EOF> Unix LF etc ?

Anybody else notice it?