Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Well not yet, because that's what I'm about to do BUT I'd like to post something like :

"Hello, I think there is a bug in the Netflix add-on because the inputstream adaptive is working perfectly with the Youtube add-on, but doesn't work in the Netflix add-on"

But to write something like that, I must be sure that I'm REALLY reading streaming trough inputstream adaptive in the Youtube add-on...
... and that's what's not clear to me, because it's written "ff-h264 (SW)" when I'm reading a mpd source in Youtube.
@badsheep 

On my windows install it shows 'ff-h264-d3d11va (HW)', the 'inputstream.adaptive.' prefix when using Netflix may be due to some Netflix specific requirements in InputStream Adaptive but I do not know for sure--I've never used the Netflix add-on--.

If you are seeing 1920x1080/1920x1088 on a YouTube video it is definitely using inputstream.adaptive. If you'd like extra confirmation you can change InputStream Adaptive Settings - General - Stream Selection to 'Manual', this will allow you to change video streams during playback--from OSD - Video settings--which in our case is only possible with mpeg-dash/inputstream.adaptive.
Thanks you're right, I test that !
You're absolutely right, when I enable "Manual" I can switch of resolution during a Youtube streaming... so it's definitely using inputstream adaptive.
Thanks for that good idea, I'm going to do a reclamation to the Netflix add-on Smile Smile

bye bye everybody !
@badsheep Good to hear you were able to confirm

@all Live streams are currently not working
All of a sudden I am unable to play live YouTube streams. A live stream “runs” without actually loading for 5 seconds then stops. I can run the exact same live streams from within Internet Explorer on the same NUC box without problem. Further, non live YouTube streams run OK in Kodi (K 17.6).

I have made no changes to settings so am at a loss as to why this has happened. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
@JNRW YouTube has changed something, and live streams are not working. See the post before yours.
I only saw your post after sending mine!

Thanks for the reply. So a bit of patience required for now, then?
I am not sure, then, why I can play the same live streams satisfactorily in Internet Explorer.
It should be fixed today in the next alpha version
As I wish to continue learning about such things could you tell me what is going to be fixed and where would I look to check it out?

Thanks.
@JNRW This was the fix, https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...97889bfbc6

Post #2 is updated with alpha7

- fix live stream playback
- translations

Live streams should be working better than they were previously, time shifting now works with mpeg-dash live streams.
Hello, I'm using the YouTube version 6.2.3 with MPEG Dash enabled and the latest version. The streams are reproduced with only audio for 3 seconds and then it dies.

I thought the issue was fixed :S
I downloaded plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
although live streams work with this updated... they are (all) terminating after about 10 seconds.

So, I think live streams is _NOT_ fixed in plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
But thanks so much for working on this -- I rely on live streams for HSN, HSN2 and QVC (keeps my wife off my back)
(2019-01-11, 08:55)meNick Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
although live streams work with this updated... they are (all) terminating after about 10 seconds.

So, I think live streams is _NOT_ fixed in plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
But thanks so much for working on this -- I rely on live streams for HSN, HSN2 and QVC (keeps my wife off my back)
 Same here aswell, am now using Alpha 7 but keeps cutting after 10 seconds