Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still an issue with the same file, so I'd try shutting down Kodi and manually deleting
Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/access_manager.json
(2020-02-08, 17:59)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Wojtek 
It looks like the access_manager.json has been corrupted somehow
Code:
1. Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete access_manager.json
2. Sign In

That’s exactly what my problem was testerday.. I had to manually remove.this file for making youtube working
(2020-02-08, 18:19)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]Still an issue with the same file, so I'd try shutting down Kodi and manually deleting
Code:
~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/access_manager.json

OK. On the plus side the plugin now launches and allows me to sign in. However, after I put the second code on google.com/device I was greeted with:
Sign in requires personal API keys now. Sad You'll find more information and the wiki linked https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/700
Oh, I had to literally fight my way through the vast array of my (obsolete and mismatched) API keys. Ended up with creating new credentials from scratch. If this helps anybody, my workflow was as follows:

- first creating new API keys and credentials using https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

Then I had to:
- stop kodi (systemctl kodi stop)
- remove both ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/access_manager.json and api_keys.json manually
- edit ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml and remove all traces of old api keys by deleting them from:

<setting id="youtube.api.id">oldID</setting>
<setting id="youtube.api.key">oldkey</setting>
<setting id="youtube.api.secret">oldsecret</setting>

- create new ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/api_keys.json (touch api_keys.json) with following content:

{
    "keys": {
        "developer": {},
        "personal": {
            "api_key": "newkey",
            "client_id": "newID",
            "client_secret": "newsecret"
        }
    }
}

(substitute your key, ID and secret, generated using the procedure linked on top of this post, obviously)

Finally - started Kodi again (systemctl kodi start), opened the Youtube add-on, signed on, all works now. Thanks @anxdpanic for your help!

(for reference - I am on latest official Coreelec)
(2020-01-29, 05:57)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@THRobinson 
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/700
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

So, I finally did the api key, logged into YouTube, and it worked fine for about 30min until it popped up an error in the top right corner... YouTube LoginException: [401] unau... Gets cut off, but below it says unauthorized.

I can still play videos but error won't go away until I restart Kodi.
Error on search: https://is.gd/bOFxTn
Can I please ask if I use this addon without sign-in, whose youtube API quota does that use when fetching videos?
@THRobinson
If you're still experiencing this, please include a complete debug log (wiki)

@Derthona83 
Can you tell me what is happening versus expected? Not sure if I'm missing something in the log, or if it's something that isn't logged.

@csvke 
It uses the keys provided by the add-on, quota is limited and sign in is no longer possible with those keys however.
For some reason I needed to manually delete access_manager.json, reboot and re-login in order to keep working. Perhaps it's an API issue (my consent screen is still not validated by Google)?

I also get a lot of connection errors to YT, like:
2020-02-12 10:22:56.107 T:3131544448   ERROR: ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='s.youtube.com', port=443): Max retries
exceeded with url: /api/stats/watchtime?cl=294125395&docid...

They happen every 10 seconds and I believe they max out the API request counter on Google side very quickly. Any way to disable this?
(2020-02-11, 23:53)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@Derthona83 
Can you tell me what is happening versus expected? Not sure if I'm missing something in the log, or if it's something that isn't logged.

It's simple. When I type the query, sometimes the research does not start. If you read carefully in the log: "Plugin not found".
(2020-02-12, 11:22)Wojtek Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason I needed to manually delete access_manager.json, reboot and re-login in order to keep working. Perhaps it's an API issue (my consent screen is still not validated by Google)?
Actually the plugin does not work if I do not not delete access_manager.json twice a day and re-login the app via google.com/device
@Derthona83 
I haven't been able to reproduce so far, hopefully I'll be able to get to the bottom of it.

@Wojtek 
I'd need a complete debug log (wiki) catching when that issue starts to hopefully see what's happening.
I've been having an issue with youtube videos pausing and the screen flashing black during the first few seconds of playing. I can't seem to figure out whats causing the problem. It seems like a refresh rate switch but it didn't always do this.