Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, 

I'm running OpenElec 8.0.4 with Kodi 17.3 on a 64bit Linux mashine.
Youtube Plugin has Version 6.0.2

When trying to play (for example) video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk I get an error message. Log says: "Signature function not found"

Full Log is here: https://pastebin.com/1G4DadGq

I already reinstalled the complete system to make sure there are no old configs or other artifacts existing that could cause strange behaviour.

DASH and DASH-VOD stuff is enabled.

Please have a look.
im using kodi 17.6 and latest youtube addon.. can only open live streaming for 30 second and then it cut off.. is there something i need to set?
@FooBar000 I'm unable to reproduce the issue, I'll need a log reproducing the issue with debug logging enabled so I can see which player.js is being used. debug_log (wiki)

@gnote2minix7 Live streams require InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12, and mpeg-dash enabled in Settings - MPEG-DASH. Some streams still have issues with mpeg-dash as well.
Hi, 

thank you for the quick reply and sorry for missing to enable the debug logging.

Here is the same problem with debug log enabled. This time video is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Al-nuR1iAU

Full log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/79pcVXZCZb/
@FooBar000 Thanks, that included the url I needed. I've updated post #2 with ~alpha6, which should resolve the signature function not found issue.
Works, thank you very much.
(2018-05-30, 19:42)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@zorro2222 Sorry, I don't

@powermarcel10 You shouldn't need to, but it does happen sometimes.

@oneohsix There are a couple ways:
@DjDiabolik Thanks for the clarification 

I've updated post #2 with ~alpha5

[upd] make users unique, assign users a hex uuid
[fix] My Channel videos (Error 403)
[fix] allow fallback to dash, when using Audio only
[lang] Spanish strings [roliverosc] 
 Which version of YouTube should I choose for InputStream.Adaptive is 2.0.10
i use the youtube addon in kodi running on the nvidia shield TV.
it works like a charm Smile

I haven't seen a single ad when using the addon, which is great.
Does it have an ad blocker built in, or just a coincidence?

Anyway, is there a build of this program that can be used as an android TV app, instead of using it as an addon in kodi only?
I would like it as a standalone app for nvidia shield TV, because the youtube app that comes with the shield displays some questionable ads now and then, when my 6 year old daughter is watching youtube...

Is there such a build, or a method you use it in this way?

Thanks Smile
@anxdpanic thanks for the reply.. works well now  Laugh
@JRLS

The YouTube addon for Kodi is designed to run on the Kodi platform. It is not an Android app. It is not a stand alone app.

Please continue to enjoy it via Kodi on your Nvidia Shield TV.
Is it possible to listen to video music in the background on Android Kodi version?
(2018-05-29, 17:12)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@camos InputStream Adaptive(mpeg-dash) is only in 17+. If it's greyed out in 17.6 you may have to install inputstream.adaptive (depends on OS how that is done)

@zorro2222 Live streams require InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12, which will require updating Kodi to 17.6.

So where might I find InputStream Adaptive? It's for Android 7.
I resolved the issue on Kodi 16.1 by downgrading YouTube 6.0.2 to the previous version.

Thanks for your response.
(2018-05-24, 01:19)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@kodden
Will need a full debug_log (wiki) after a restart, and double check Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy is enabled.
'InsecureRequestWarning from urllib3/connectionpool.py: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised.' can be solved by Settings - Advanced - Force SSL certificate verification

@vuk_ >720p is only working with Krypton+ with inputstream.adaptive
 Hi,

I installed Kodi 17.6 and inputstream.adaptive.
Set up the inputstream.adaptive:
min. bandwitdth: 10.000.000
max. bandwidth: 0
max. res. general decoder: max
max. res. secure decoder: max

Youtube 6.02 settings:
mpeg-dash: enabled (same with disabled)
mpeg-dash proxy: enabled

Still cannot choose 1080p as max res. in YT addon setup (only available is 720p / 1080p (LIVE))

What else is needed, could you please help @anxdpanic ?

Thanks in advance!
(2018-06-03, 17:55)vuk_ Wrote: [ -> ]
Will need a full debug_log (wiki) after a restart, and double check Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy is enabled.
'InsecureRequestWarning from urllib3/connectionpool.py: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised.' can be solved by Settings - Advanced - Force SSL certificate verification

Hi,

Youtube 6.02 settings:

Still cannot choose 1080p as max res. in YT addon setup (only available is 720p / 1080p (LIVE))

Thanks in advance! 
720p / 1080p (LIVE) is the maximum setting. 

I have these settings:

min bandwidth: 10 000 000
max bandwidth: 30 000 000
Ignore Display Resolution: True
Stream Selection: AUTO

1080p videos work for me
(2018-06-03, 19:38)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-06-03, 17:55)vuk_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi,

Youtube 6.02 settings:

Thanks in advance!    
720p / 1080p (LIVE) is the maximum setting. 

I have these settings:

min bandwidth: 10 000 000
max bandwidth: 30 000 000
Ignore Display Resolution: True
Stream Selection: AUTO

1080p videos work for me   
 Hi,

thanks for your feedback!
I tried, but no luck, still 720p is the max Sad

I think I found it!
Now I set resolution to 'Choose resolution' and MPEG-DASH option is available and YT video is in 1080P Laugh

Is it possible to make it work without MPEG-DASH also? Just curious...