Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-02-17, 02:01)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@ExGemini Settings - MPEG-DASH - Enable mpeg-dash proxy

@DjDiabolik Have not had the issue at all, and so far no one else reporting it. There is no way to disable it. Without a debug log, I would suspect the add-on asking you to recover from json is the effect not the cause, the cause is something resetting/wiping your settings. Also that video is working fine here, dash or non-dash.
 One problem solved, one rises Sad

First of all thanks anxdpanic!
When I do activate the proxy it does works in 1080p glory, the problem is that when I do skip ahead or backward, the audio goes missing for entire seconds while the video carries on.
Could it be a cache problem?
Any chance that the alpha 6 fix getting back ported to 5.x version? I don't want to install alpha builds as this addon is used by my little one and it might crash on her.
Hello all,

I cannot tell you how helpful this thread has been to get my Kodi experience back on track.  Namely, to view YouTube live streams as strm files.  Here's my question.  Say I want to watch the Euronews live stream - it's not a static URL, but you can type https://www.youtube.com/user/Euronews/live and get a static URL.  This gives the same video as the "normal" URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah04R0okNbQ.  Thr problem is that the videoID changes occasionally and unexpectedly, which will eventually render using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=Ah04R0okNbQ as no good.  Is there a way to alter the plugin syntax to direct it to the static URL?  The .../user/Euronews/live version?  Thanks for any insight in advance.
@anxdpanic  I have a great news!! Problably this time i have somethigs important in the log... look here:

About my little issue........ Right now i activate the DEBUG LOG. Immediatelly After i launch the youtube addons and choose "My Subscription" and.............. BAAAAAM

THE MESSAGE of restore api json file it's BACK again. I choose YES and immediatelly after the setup wizard it's be showing on my TV. I have configure, again, the Language and the region and only at this point the "My Subscriction" video list it's be showed!

I have noticied again i have lost some settings like some "folder" it's not more visible and some other preferences it's not enabled like the blacklist channel id and the enforce it's not enabled.

Since I have enabled debug log before launching the youtube addons........ problably on kodi.log there's somethigs present...... wait some moment's and i report here:

This is a partial log....... and this is the last line before i enabled the Debug Log:
Code:
12:36:52.698 T:1925884416  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: finished waiting

From this line to the last:

I have make a paste here -> https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/XD93YGT33y/

Apparently i obtain the message to restore api json file only after X hours........ for example right now i have reconfigure all and if don't use the youtube addons it is likely that the request reappears tonight or tomorrow..............

I hope you can understand somethigs and find because i lost some settings...........

Thanks in advance...........

*EDIT*
Meantime i go back right now in front of my TV........ i have disabled the Debug Log for back "normal" usage and i try to watch some video.

I have re-obtain four of five time in a consecutive loop this strange request about RESTORE api json files and i choose yes to re-run the wizard for re-configure again the it and italian for zone...... i have again re-lost some preferences and no. Again the same request............

Only after 3 o 4 times i can use correctly the addons.............. and you remeber the video posted here ? I continue to obtain problems to watch it:
I start it...... the video apparently like to start but no. I will back immediatelly after to list of video............ strange.

*EDIT 2*
How i previous say........... i have watched some video after i set back the log to default............ after this i have took another watch to kodi.log.
Apparently there's all normal.................. no restore request it's appears after 2 or 3 video but on log appears some errors about youtube addons... like:
Code:
15:25:28.314 T:1628627712   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/plugin.video.youtube/
or this... usually after a video:
Code:
14:52:52.106 T:1905259264  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha6) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
14:54:52.078 T:1925884416   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
14:55:00.800 T:1100997376  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha6) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
14:55:29.573 T:1100997376 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(14, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
14:56:11.779 T:1925884416   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
14:56:14.904 T:1100997376  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha6) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
14:56:15.539 T:1100997376 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(15, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
14:56:19.623 T:1100997376  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha6) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
14:56:22.016 T:1100997376 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(16, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
15:00:57.409 T:1471148800  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha6) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
15:01:00.246 T:1471148800 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(17, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
I have problem with playing videos on youtube on the kody, the most of videos can't play and it writes me "youtube error" and also "one or more items failed to play. Check the long for more information about message". What should I do?
(2018-02-17, 16:07)E-mail bursh Wrote: [ -> ]I have problem with playing videos on youtube on the kody, the most of videos can't play and it writes me "youtube error" and also "one or more items failed to play. Check the long for more information about message". What should I do?
 Whitout so much information it's impossible to understand....... What's version of kodi you have........what's version of youtube addons and other info need to understand and try to help you.

*EDIT*
You use a personal api or not......... if you use dash or not........... etc etc.
Also getting errors playing anything except "my subscriptions" now.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, deleted my settings file and switched to a different API key

14:34:17.693 T:140389029295872  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.5.0) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.12
14:34:28.937 T:140389029295872  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
14:34:28.937 T:140389029295872   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
                                            Error Contents: Signature function not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 40, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 87, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 11, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 475, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 19, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 79, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 403, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 738, in _method_get_video_info
                                                parse_to_stream_list(url_encoded_fmt_stream_map)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 700, in parse_to_stream_list
                                                url += '&signature=%s' % cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 24, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._java_script_url)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 101, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 57, in _load_json_script
                                                return self._load_java_script(java_script)
                                              File "/home/paddy/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 62, in _load_java_script
                                                raise Exception('Signature function not found')
                                            Exception: Signature function not found
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Edit: 6.0 Alpha fixed this.
New Pull Request submitted for 5.5.1 to fix signatures.
 [plugin.video.youtube] 5.5.1 #1688
(2018-02-17, 18:21)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]New Pull Request submitted for 5.5.1 to fix signatures.
 [plugin.video.youtube] 5.5.1 #1688
 It's this 5.5.1 contain also the commit on 6.0.0 alpha 6 right ?

The alpha developing it's continue on this 6.0.0 whit a future alpha 7 ?
still having the same problem ...youtube live channels play for 2 seconds and then freeze and buffer (but dont actually buffer.  stays at 0% buffering).  tried it with several live streams.
@ExGemini It's a known issue that is resolved in inputstream.adaptive on Kodi 18.

@registeringisnotfun For working live streams, mpeg-dash must be enabled and it requires inputstream.adaptive version >= 2.0.12

@DjDiabolik 5.5.1 is only the addition of the video fix. Updates to 6 will still be coming.
(2018-02-17, 21:22)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@ExGemini It's a known issue that is resolved in inputstream.adaptive on Kodi 18.

@registeringisnotfun For working live streams, mpeg-dash must be enabled and it requires inputstream.adaptive version >= 2.0.12

@DjDiabolik 5.5.1 is only the addition of the video fix. Updates to 6 will still be coming.
Thank you for the info!
(2018-02-17, 21:22)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@ExGemini It's a known issue that is resolved in inputstream.adaptive on Kodi 18.

thank you for this information however may i ask you to please elaborate...what is imputstream.adaptive version 2.0.12 and where or how can i enable this? 

Thanks for the speedy reply ..much appreciated
Hi Guys,

Love the YouTube app, my little one depends on it so much! Thank you Smile

Was working fine then suddenly having a problem playing a YouTube video. Have tried others in case it was a problem just with that video but it seems to do it on all videos. Log says:

Error: playlist player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play?video_id=py_PavqqOao]
End of python script error report
Exception: signature function not found raise Exception('Signature function not found')
File

That's a snapshot of the log (had to type it out as unable to figure out how to copy/paste it! If you need more please let me know and I will do my best to get it on here Smile

EDIT : I think this is the full log here -> http://ix.io/LxK
@Skylinedgtr

Please read the last few pages of this thread, probably you have the same issue that has been discussed and repeated multiple times already.

Updating to v6.0.0~alpha6 from Post #2 on Page #1 of this thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2681552 should solve the problem.