Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-06-02, 22:00)Daxter Wrote: [ -> ]Hi , 
I am using Kodi 18.6 run on LibreElec 9.2.1 when I play Youtube playlist via the Youtube Add on or sending it from my android mobile using Yatse the playlist stops after about 3-10 songs, don't know the reason why sometimes after 3 songs and sometimes after 8 songs.
it is going like this for almost a year , I remember it was playing all the playlist songs (even 250 and more) but then something happen maybe related to the add on updates over the last year.
I review the log but have nothing between the hours when I started the playlist and stop.
Do you aware about such phenomena? 
Is there a way to save events log of the youtube add on ?

thanks, 
looking forward to your replay.
Eran.
I there anyone using streaming playlist to from youtube to Kodi with Yatse?
I know there were changes back in 2017 that prevented history from working but I was hoping maybe something has changed since?

I have my personal API setup and working. I have signed in.

When I watch a video it doesn't show as watched in my history. This means my recommended videos often contain things I have already seen and the recommendations are completely different between my PC on youtube.com and on Kodi with the youtube addon. 

It really is an annoyance I'd love to solve if possible.
(2020-06-06, 23:11)NoInfo Wrote: [ -> ]I know there were changes back in 2017 that prevented history from working but I was hoping maybe something has changed since?

I have my personal API setup and working. I have signed in.

When I watch a video it doesn't show as watched in my history. This means my recommended videos often contain things I have already seen and the recommendations are completely different between my PC on youtube.com and on Kodi with the youtube addon. 

It really is an annoyance I'd love to solve if possible.

Whitout any information about your actual configuration this reply it's approx useless............. on my kodi setup the "History" working very well. The "recommendations" section it seems to me has had some recent changes/fix but i don't know if it's correctly works like you navigate youtube from a pc browser....
Using Kodi 18.6, CoreELEC 9.2.2, YouTube 6.8.2

I am logged into the YouTube plugin and can play videos as expected. 
I can browse many of the folders but both My Channels and Playlists do not load.
Any ideas?   The Kodi Debug log shows
Code:
2020-06-07 16:27:23.530 T:3409007488   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Cached data for channels ||                                                                              
2020-06-07 16:27:23.531 T:3409007488   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] [data] v3 request: |GET| path: |playlists| params: |{'part': 'snippet', 'mine': 'true', 'maxResults': '50
2020-06-07 16:27:23.819 T:3409007488   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |channelNotFound| with message: |Channel not found.|
2020-06-07 16:27:23.821 T:3400614784   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlists/     
2020-06-07 16:27:23.821 T:3400614784   DEBUG: Thread waiting 3400614784 terminating                          
2020-06-07 16:27:23.821 T:3409007488   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion after |0.671| seconds                                                 
2020-06-07 16:27:23.821 T:3409007488    INFO: CPythonInvoker(16, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): script successfully run
2020-06-07 16:27:23.834 T:4089036816   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------                                               
2020-06-07 16:27:23.836 T:4089036816   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlists/) failed
To answer my own question above.
Short answer, the plugin was logged into the wrong YouTube account

Long answer
When I log into YouTube, I see 2 accounts, my google account and a youtube account.
The first time I connected the plugin to my account via google.com/device I had selected my google account and not my YouTube one.
Switching this account resolved the issue.
(2017-12-21, 23:27)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]YOUTUBE PERSONAL API KEY INSTRUCTIONS by jmh2002

* Information collated from previous posts in both the old and the new YouTube threads. 
* Thank you to everyone who contributed (credits to WHCTHBD, jdf76, activoice, anxdpanic and many others)

* UPDATE

It's finally time to retire the previous Personal API Key Instructions. I'll leave the above credits thanking the users that contributed so much.

PLEASE NOW INSTEAD CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK TO THE NEW INSTRUCTIONS ON THE YOUTUBE WIKI:

https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

PLEASE SEE THE FAQ BELOW FOR THE FOLLOWING:
* HOW TO TEST IF YOUR PERSONAL API KEYS ARE WORKING
* HOW TO VIEW YOUR PERSONAL API QUOTA DAILY USAGE HISTORY
Hi,
I am brand new to Kodi and after installing the You Tube plug-in, I keep getting the  401 sign-in error.  I am trying to create an API key using the credentials wizard but get the message 'The request failed because one of the fields of the resource is invalid. Tracking Number c4773216063978821'.  I am completely lost with all of this and any assistance will be much appreciated.
Strange behavior over yesterday and today. Playback seems to abruptly stop at default resolution but choosing 720p may (and that’s the weird part) allow playback. Kodi 18.7 on MacOS 10.15.5. Some plays at 720 will work, others will stop after a couple of minutes. Working on discerning a pattern, but the problem seems to be on YT’s end - I’ve had playbacks of the same videos crap out on the Roku.
Hey guys, love the YouTube Plug-in. I prefer it to Google's apps on other platforms. That's why I'm really bummed out it stopped working for me.

I'm running OSMC/Kodi 18.7 on a Vero 4K+. About a week ago, the YouTube Plug-in stopped working and started throwing a "YouTube Error: Check the log for more information" error every time I try to run it. I had a look at it and searched for a solution but didn't find one. "No JSON object could be decoded" suggest that maybe some file got corrupted but I don't know which one. I tried both 6.8.3~alpha1 and 6.8.2 – same result. I can switch between the two versions but I can't uninstall the Plug-in since Kodi complains it's needed for "YouTube Channels" and I'm not ready to go down that rabbit hole yet. Any idea what's wrong?

Here's my log file: yahocoqohe.kodi (paste).
(2020-06-11, 13:41)Holzschnitzel Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, love the YouTube Plug-in. I prefer it to Google's apps on other platforms. That's why I'm really bummed out it stopped working for me.

I'm running OSMC/Kodi 18.7 on a Vero 4K+. About a week ago, the YouTube Plug-in stopped working and started throwing a "YouTube Error: Check the log for more information" error every time I try to run it. I had a look at it and searched for a solution but didn't find one. "No JSON object could be decoded" suggest that maybe some file got corrupted but I don't know which one. I tried both 6.8.3~alpha1 and 6.8.2 – same result. I can switch between the two versions but I can't uninstall the Plug-in since Kodi complains it's needed for "YouTube Channels" and I'm not ready to go down that rabbit hole yet. Any idea what's wrong?

Here's my log file: yahocoqohe.kodi (paste).
Never mind, deleting access_manager.json (it was empty) worked. I had to sign in twice again, but it's running again and my settings and keys are still there. Keep up the good work!
(2020-06-11, 04:52)carljh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-12-21, 23:27)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]YOUTUBE PERSONAL API KEY INSTRUCTIONS by jmh2002
Nice! That's much clearer, insofar as it's possible for anything involving this squirrelly confusing mass of similarly-named Google webpages to be clear. ... of course, it still won't work with 2-step verification, since that is incompatible with "less secure app access". Per-app password still needed Sad
(2020-06-11, 05:05)carljh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I am brand new to Kodi and after installing the You Tube plug-in, I keep getting the  401 sign-in error.  I am trying to create an API key using the credentials wizard but get the message 'The request failed because one of the fields of the resource is invalid. Tracking Number c4773216063978821'.  I am completely lost with all of this and any assistance will be much appreciated.

I'm having the same issue.  Doesn't seem to matter if I do the steps in an existing or new project in the developer console.  Some Googling says it might be related to having an authorized domain, but there aren't any resolutions that I can find.  Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,

I got the add-on setup and the API keys generated. I can search and play videos but when select a channel and then try to click on Playlists I get an error popup that says "YouTube:bad Request API Key not valid. Please pass a valid API key."
I also get the same error when I try to select "Saved Playlists". I'm using a OSMC on a Raspberry PI 3 and using Version 6.8.2. Any ideas why I'm getting this error?

Thanks!
(2020-06-13, 08:06)cmahlmann Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I got the add-on setup and the API keys generated. I can search and play videos but when select a channel and then try to click on Playlists I get an error popup that says "YouTube:bad Request API Key not valid. Please pass a valid API key."
I also get the same error when I try to select "Saved Playlists". I'm using a OSMC on a Raspberry PI 3 and using Version 6.8.2. Any ideas why I'm getting this error?

Thanks!

I have the same issue, and I'm using the same API keys that have worked fine for years. It seems that I can watch videos and all just fine, but certain things that require access to my YouTube account don't work, like opening my list of created playlists. I can still view my playlists that I've saved to my Kodi Favorites tab, but I can't add or delete anything from them. I tried deleting my login information and logging in again, and I deleted and reinstalled the YouTube plug-in a couple times. Didn't help.
Hi from Athens, Greece
I have a problem with YouTube add-on in my Kodi Android TV-Box the last 15 days...I can not use it because when I open it and go for example to "Search" opens a window telling me that I have to create my personal API keys. Until now these Keys are created automaticaly when I install the AliveGR Add-on. There is of course in the above posts (as well as in YouTube videos) a very complicated and difficult procedure. In my PC (Windows 7)  I connect to YouTube using my Google Account (my gmail and my password). So simple! Why have the users of Kodi now to use such a labyrinthHuh And why the Kodi Team (or AliveGR team) don't create a small Kodi add-on app so as to create unique API devices for each (?) device (or for each User no matter how many devices has in his Local Net (I mean let's say 2 tv-boxes plus 2 mobiles/tablets etc)...
So, I ask someone from Kodi Team: Do you have any simple solution to this problem for the common Kodi User?
Furthermore,  in the short-term If I have to create my own (3 lines of) API Keys can I create them in my PC and then these same keys to write them down (copy) to the settings (API) of the Kodi Youtube Add-ons of my 2 TV-Boxes? (because the use of TV-Box applications to create all this labyrinth (=from the Greek word Lavyrinthos of the known Myth of Theseus and Ariadne and Minotaur). In other words Have I to create unique Keys per each device and create yjem in the same device or just 1 (set of the 3 lines in API submenu) of the settings of the YouTube Add-on for all of my devices connecting in my Local Area Net?