Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-09-20, 14:21)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@siliconhippy 
1. Resolution switching only works if the video container contains multiple video streams(youtube doesn't do this with the mp4's), or when using mpeg-dash with stream selection set to manual.

@anxdpanic

I set the stream selection to manual in Videoplayer Input Stream v2.2.27.0 settings from the YouTube plugin v6.1.4 MPEG-DASH menu, but there is no difference- I still cannot select player video resolution in either the Youtube plugin player, or from within the PVR Simple Client m3u playlist. This is Kodi 18 beta2 as in CoreElec v8.95.2.

Of course I mean resolution switching the way you can select in Youtube player online.
In the last 24 hours both of my kodi boxes have started having an issue where I can no longer browse a youtube subscriptions list. Everything else is working fine, and if I go into "My Subscriptions" I can see all the latest videos from channels I've subscribed to, I just can't see a list of channels I've subscribed to any more via "Subscriptions".

Youtube plugin: 6.1.4
Kodi version: 17.6
@siliconhippy 
While the video is playing, in the bottom right corner there is a Settings Cogwheel. Open that then choose Video Settings, and the first item is Video stream, if inputstream.adaptive stream selection is set to manual you'll be able to change the resolution/stream from there.

@fr1day 
Please don't post log snippets, use a pastebin site with the full debug_log (wiki). As for the issue, see post #2 for the ~beta version.
Apologies for posting the log snippet, I've edited the post now to remove.

For my issue, updating to the beta version worked perfectly. Thank you very much for the assistance.
@anxdpanic thanks for refresh......... noone here as speak about this but if someone have some suggestion about i thinks it's a great idea to share this idea whit so many members here, apparently here it's only reported problems or errors whit addons Smile
@anxdpanic I think I found the culprit. Neat trick to get to the top of every sub list.

One more thing I found regarding issue #404: For me the "resume only working every other try" only happens when MPEG-DASH is activated. Without MPEG-DASH the resume works perfectly fine. I also posted this info on Github. Thanks again for your help.
@LegendarySkar What cheap trick is that? I mean, how does it work? Things like that just poke my curiousity.
Also, "Mumbo" is using it on both of his channels and "RiP Trippers" is using it also. Really tempted to just unsub.

Guess I'll have to try the 6.2.0 beta 1 and hope that fixes it.
@UrushibaraRuka As @anxdpanic described earlier, the channels don't have a title. Or at least something changed about titles, since not even Youtube itself shows the titles consistently. As for how exactly that works, your guess is as good as mine. I'm not a big Youtuber, so I can't change my channel name at will, or at all for that matter.

When I took the screenshot only Mumbo Vlogs had no title. His main channel joined in later.

The Beta fixes the issue that you can't enter the "Subscriptions" folder, but it doesn't change the order of the channels, so channels without title will appear first in the list. Order "Ascending" or "Descending" doesn't do anything.
(2018-09-22, 14:19)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@siliconhippy 
While the video is playing, in the bottom right corner there is a Settings Cogwheel. Open that then choose Video Settings, and the first item is Video stream, if inputstream.adaptive stream selection is set to manual you'll be able to change the resolution/stream from there.

@anxdpanic

Additional Setting: Check "Always Ask for Video Quality" in General tab in YouTube plugin.

Now when I click the channel I get a full menu of available codecs and video resolutions !

In many cases the cogwheel video settings are grayed out, and not all items on the first OSD menu work- likely owing to video provider settings.
getting error when selecting subscriptions, occurs on multiple machines, logging out and back in didn't seem to help. any help is appreciated

https://pastebin.com/QUAw1QiU - debug
00:17:31.993 T:7512   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.urllib3\lib\urllib3\connectionpool.py:858: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
https://pastebin.com/U4u3a7Gb - non debug
00:24:46.512 T:6700   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.urllib3\lib\urllib3\connectionpool.py:858: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
(2018-09-22, 23:46)LegendarySkar Wrote: [ -> ]@UrushibaraRuka As @anxdpanic described earlier, the channels don't have a title. Or at least something changed about titles, since not even Youtube itself shows the titles consistently. As for how exactly that works, your guess is as good as mine.
[...]
The Beta fixes the issue that you can't enter the "Subscriptions" folder, but it doesn't change the order of the channels, so channels without title will appear first in the list. Order "Ascending" or "Descending" doesn't do anything.
 So when ordering doesn't do what it should and they're still on top then I'd assume they're using either an HTML bug or a letter that can't be interpreted normally.
However, I'll go to the latest video of the channels using this cheap "trick", tell them how cheap they are and why I'm now unsubbing. (Bad behavior needs punishment after all!)

And yes, the beta fixed the issue. It's just annoying.

EDIT: "TeamFourStar" and "DeStorm Power" just joined to use this cheap trick as well. Well...another 2 channels off of my list...
@zoydberg Upgrade to the latest Beta as described here and here.
Dear all,
since yesterday I'm having problems with youtube, any search returns an empty page, moreover, if I try to sign in, I get an error (see the attached log).

as you can see from the LOG I get mostly insecure request errors:
ERROR: /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib/urllib3/connectionpool.py:858: InsecureRequestWarning:...

while
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException)...
appears when I try to login...

a similar error when I try the "popular right now" menu item.

I tried most solutions in this thread, including installing the beta1 version, but I always get the same result.
I have no idea how to solve this problem.... 2 days ago YT was working perfectly.

Can anyone give some hint ?

complete log - search and sign in attempt

I realised I forgot to activate the Debug flag, full log below:

complete log (+DEBUG) same actions as above
@gian - please read the forum rules (wiki) that you agreed to abide by when you signed up here. Specifically the section on banned addons (wiki).

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
I'm sorry did not realize that, just corrected my log, had some old stuff that I have now removed, hope I did not forget anything...