Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-02-21, 11:48)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't we use Youtube without any credentials, anonymously similar as browsing Youtube site and watching videos without login?

Wrong place to ask about Google decisions. Smile Live with it or move on. Smile You can't get past it for now.
Hi, I got the private keys setup, all is good. But when I try to login to youtube, it goes through the authentication steps twice (as per instructions), google is happy but at the end of the process Kodi freezes. I the log I get this error:

2020-02-21 13:43:57.597 T:30424   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/
2020-02-21 13:43:57.598 T:20580  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.6.0) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.13
                                                Path: /sign/in/
                                                Params: {}

Any ideas?
(2020-02-21, 11:48)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't we use Youtube without any credentials, anonymously similar as browsing Youtube site and watching videos without login?

This plugin bypasses advertising. Googles main revenue is advertising and data. Do you think Youtube/Google is free? Everything has a cost.
I'm using the API keys without logging in.

As stated... accept it and move on.
all youtube addons use the plugin

not working even with custom api key
AIzaSyDI-2JSatnMonnFri2wiGyB5mu1AbV7A2tc

https://www.slickremix.com/docs/get-api-...r-youtube/
Just for statistics. I've followed the instruction, created keys, added them, logged in and plug-in seem to work so far.
(2020-02-20, 21:16)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-20, 20:01)BikerDude Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-20, 19:49)DJB628 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know if posted or mentioned so far, but here is an easy and temp fix for now

Go into YouTube  Add-on settings > API > disable personal API keys > use preset API key #5

hi folks 

if i go to YouTube  Add-on settings > API > disable personal API keys > use preset API key #5 i cannot get access to API. once this is clarified

what do you mean use preset api key '5

thanks  

Do this ......

Click on 'settings'  (cogwheel in top left if you are using Estuary) -> addons -> my addons -> video addons -> youtube.

Click the 'configure' button.

Highlight 'API' on the left.  You will now see some settings on the right.  Turn OFF 'Enable personal API keys' if it is enabled. A setting called 'Use preset API key set' will appear.  Click the up/down arrows until it says '5'.  Click OK.  Enjoy youtube until that set of keys are disabled. 
hello 

thank you for your reply however that is the point when i go to configure and try to select API at the bottom of the left hand column it does not highlight
Would love a youtube plugin that just works, i can live with ads, please can somebody make one that works like you are accessing the site from any web browser, like you can outside of kodi.

I love kodi to bits, and when you have nothing on tv to watch, youtube is the place the whole family visits for entertainment, it is just too complicated to get this personal api working.

i got the plugin to work, but "bad word", it was hard to get this working!

Thanks for all the hints in this thread from all awesome kodi users! , deleting the default profile in the youtube plugin got my youtube working.

Br
PG
YouTube has worked flawlessly for months but all the sudden stopped working altogether where the only way to open it was to disable my personal API key.  I completely deleted the addon and reinstalled then edited the correct files to insert my API and disable the dev keys.  Everything is working again but I did have a couple of questions:

When doing the 2nd authentication (google.com/device) Google tells me the app has not been verified which I used advance to "Test" the app to get through the process.  Is this normal and how long does this "Test" key work?

Thanks!

Even though you are not logged in to YouTube, Google will still be harvesting data.
I had the similar problem, apart from personal key, any other ways or new YouTube add-on ?
i would agree and support this. life is too short for such complications
Hi
Not sure whether this is reasonable to ask, but maybe it is possible to support a additional back-end like "NewPipeExtractor" to avoid this API nonsense.
To encourage others who don't manage to get the created API keys to work, I had done everything according to the guide, still getting login errors (even after deleting access_manager.json). But then I deleted the API keys and OAuth2 client from the google console, uninstalled the YouTube plugin in Kodi, re-installed the YouTube plugin, recreated the API keys and OAuth stuff and inserted into the api_keys.json file, signed in 2x in the plugin and then it started working.

So I guess there are some issues in the plugin where it caches some login stuff someother place than access_manager.json, or there is some issue at Google where you can manage to create keys and oauth client/secrets that simply won't work.

Just try again if so Smile
(2020-02-04, 04:51)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]@tecfreak
Is this resolved? The other user that reported this, reported it as resolved. The error would suggest the API key you are using expired though. A complete debug log (wiki) might show more.

Yes it is resolved and indeed, the APi key was expired. Shame on me and sorry for the late response.
(2020-02-21, 21:24)mrpg Wrote: [ -> ]Would love a youtube plugin that just works, i can live with ads, please can somebody make one that works like you are accessing the site from any web browser, like you can outside of kodi.

Might try installing chrome launcher addon (need to install chrome first). Then launch chrome from Kodi and use chrome to get youtube.  (the addon comes preconfigured for youtube and vimeo.)

scott s.