Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey can anyone tell me how to keep my movie and music posters from being cut off at the ends? I think that happens because the skin is for 1080 and my screen is not 1080. Any solution would really make this skin perfect for me, I don't mind if it involves a lot of work.
Hello guys,
i would be interessed in a wall view that would take all the screen, is it possble to have that?
only for movies, in order to display as much as possible movies in a single screen.
thanks in advance for your help
Loving this theme, it has taken me from being keen on the xbmc universe to being a raving fan boring all my friends with its wonders

Got a small issue. When I add the XBMC Commands of Update and Clean Library to the submenu, neither of them works. The video one(s) do. So is this a problem in general or have I nuffed it?

removed151214

That should have been fixed in the last update of the skin shortcuts script, but with recent mirror issues its not impossible you haven't got the update yet. The easiest solution is to select Custom Action for the menu items that don't work, and change "audio" to "music".
Rightio I will see if I can update when it isn't being used and see if that fixes. Should I recreate the submenu items, or should it be fine as is? And thanks (of course)

removed151214

If you've got the updated script (and if there's a new 'Sources' group of shortcuts to choose from, you have), then recreating the menu items should fix the action.
@Catalyst Nothing to be done. You'd have to resize everything in the skin to avoid it.

@jayce996 Everything is possible, that doesn't mean it will get done though. If you really want a view, best bet is to make it yourself.
(2014-06-24, 11:03)jayce996 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,
i would be interessed in a wall view that would take all the screen, is it possble to have that?
only for movies, in order to display as much as possible movies in a single screen.
thanks in advance for your help

bryanbrazil created wall view that takes up the entire screen. It is part of his Aeon Nox Minimalistic mod. You can check it out. Although, it only holds 27 titles. I created a similar view for this skin that is in a thread called "Expanded Movie Wall." That view also holds 27 titles but includes white space on the top and sides. Personally, 27 titles per screen is more than enough for my eyes. That's a lot of titles to browse at once.
(2014-06-24, 07:14)Catalyst Wrote: [ -> ]Hey can anyone tell me how to keep my movie and music posters from being cut off at the ends? I think that happens because the skin is for 1080 and my screen is not 1080. Any solution would really make this skin perfect for me, I don't mind if it involves a lot of work. Btw if anyone is interested I'm modding the skin to add some of the features I miss from Nox 4 and hopefully a code for RCB. Not that I know what I'm doing really but I'll figure it out.

I have this issue too, my TV resolution is 1024x768, but I've found an easy fix.

Go into system, video, then video calibration.

The square in the middle, adjust it til both sides are equal (for some reason it will look rectangular but measure square, optical illusion I think) on my TV it's always 1.333 that does it. After this it'll appear correctly.

Hope this works for you too.
(2014-06-24, 20:32)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]@Catalyst Nothing to be done. You'd have to resize everything in the skin to avoid it.

@jayce996 Everything is possible, that doesn't mean it will get done though. If you really want a view, best bet is to make it yourself.

Thank you for the reply. I actually did find a way if you don't mind shrinking your posters a bit. Change line 740 in Views_53_ShowCase from

<aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>

to

<aspectratio diffuse="true">keep</aspectratio>

and line 747 from

<aspectratio scalediffuse="false" aligny="top">scale</aspectratio>

to

<aspectratio diffuse="true" aligny="top">keep</aspectratio>

Only thing is the unwatched/watched icon becomes out of place but if you care about having that it should be easy enough to adjust. Don't recommend doing this if you are going to use 1080 ever.
(2014-06-24, 04:32)HiGhLaNdeR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-21, 13:19)gold01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-19, 19:40)gold01 Wrote: [ -> ]I tested again and it's true, the window to select the file is not on TOP as it should be. Some one got a solution for this?

Does someone know any solution for this?

The solution is adding in FileBrowser.xml after line 18 (</coordinates>):
<zorder>2</zorder>

This is the fix.

Regards.

Thanks, but how can i edit an installed skin, with file browser i'm not been able to find it, or i need to download source, edit the file and install it again?

I tried to download it, but i can't succeed on the installation process. i'm geting the problem described in here but the solution is for older versions.
I've submitted the fix to the oficial repo.
Meanwhile you can go to the addon installed on your platform and edit it with a text editor.

Windows (usually):
c:\users\your_username\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\DialogSubtitles.xml

Delete line 9 -> <zorder>2</zorder>

Linux Openelec (more tricky, use SSH and vi):
.xbmc\addons\skin.aeon.nox.5\1080i\DialogSubtitles.xml

Delete line 9 -> <zorder>2</zorder>

MAC:
Don't have one Smile
After upgrading today I'm loving the new look. Everything feels nice and quick too!

I am having an issue some view types not available under the Recently Added menu for TV Shows. I use shift for all my TV and Movie views and it's no longer an option in the recently added screen for my TV Shows, though it is for Movies oddly. There's a bunch of views that are no longer available inside the recently added view, but seemingly only for TV Shows. Can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back.

Would appreciate any help getting this back!
(2014-06-25, 22:21)gold01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-24, 04:32)HiGhLaNdeR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-21, 13:19)gold01 Wrote: [ -> ]Does someone know any solution for this?

The solution is adding in FileBrowser.xml after line 18 (</coordinates>):
<zorder>2</zorder>

This is the fix.

Regards.

Thanks, but how can i edit an installed skin, with file browser i'm not been able to find it, or i need to download source, edit the file and install it again?

I tried to download it, but i can't succeed on the installation process. i'm geting the problem described in here but the solution is for older versions.

See my answer in my previous post. I've edited because the fix is on another file. My bad. I try to explain how you can do it.
I've requested a pull on the oficial repo. Hopefully soon, if my fix is 100% ok, it will be released and you won't need to edit manually.

Cheers!
@Emmortal There's no option in Aeon Nox 5 to enable/disable views. So if you can't get it to appear in whatever window, it means it no longer exists on this version. If you want it back it will mean making a mod.