Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nox 5 a step back.I don´t think so?!

I know the time of Nox 2 it was fast (base on Confluence) and stylish. It have comlete replaced the orginal Aeon / Aeon65.
You have also the full modification of the home menu and sub menu, sort, custom, sort and custom of the submenu. Also the widget part is full adjustable. Yes shure it´s not like in Nox 4 but I hope when Nox 5 is finish we don´t need a tutorial to customise it
(I think one of the most important things). And how it´s code and to use, I thing perfect...

I don´t know if BigNoid will include more options like the colors, arts, logos, or what ever, but if not so mod it Wink
But it seam really modern to af 1000 of buttons an options to use. And if you have found a confiuration you like, you will never found again because you don´t know which buttons you pushed Wink

Also many people use a raspberry or other lite htpc and it´s also a trend.
I think the roadmap is make a fast and stylish skin with a lot of potential to mod.

(sy for my English)

Cheers
reazorFX
(2014-02-10, 12:14)LUISM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-10, 12:01)prawnee Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to help port Nox 4 over to Gotham then you're more then welcome, however BigNoid is working on Nox 5 and ultimately what go's into it is his choice.

If your opinion is "It's not up to me nor to you" it's fine by me but mine isn't, and i think i have the right to express it as much as you do.

Of course you have the right to an opinion however I'm not stating an opinion, more of a fact.
(2014-02-10, 12:24)reazorFX Wrote: [ -> ]Nox 5 a step back.I don´t think so?!

I know the time of Nox 2 it was fast (base on Confluence) and stylish. It have comlete replaced the orginal Aeon / Aeon65.
You have also the full modification of the home menu and sub menu, sort, custom, sort and custom of the submenu. Also the widget part is full adjustable. Yes shure it´s not like in Nox 4 but I hope when Nox 5 is finish we don´t need a tutorial to customise it
(I think one of the most important things). And how it´s code and to use, I thing perfect...

I don´t know if BigNoid will include more options like the colors, arts, logos, or what ever, but if not so mod it Wink
But it seam really modern to af 1000 of buttons an options to use. And if you have found a confiuration you like, you will never found again because you don´t know which buttons you pushed Wink

I think the roadmap is make a fast and stylish skin with a lot of potential to mod.

(sy for my English)

Cheers
reazorFX

I'm with you. A lot of the people complaining probably forget about the low-end HTPCs & rPis out there need love too.

I believe that AN5 will be a BASE skin, meaning for starter functionality (with minor eye-candy). Meant for the beginner. While MODs will incorperate the aspects of AN4 that a person may like. thus allowing cherry-picking of only the features one wants.

As a side note, an addon in which these mods could be downloaded within XBMC would be an awesome way to encourage the behavior.
I'm still waiting for the logo view for movies and tv shows. I guess Big Noid is still working on that. If it is ready I'll switch to Nox 5.
I tried a fresh install but i can't get widget to work

the circle stay always in loading

ps:thank you preview 6 works perfectly
Hi BigNoid,
economize on some code? Blush

Code:
custom_1126...xml        
line 158:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>        

custom_1121...xml        
line 70:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>

So it is easy to make a alternative Inludes_Home.xml with own fallback and menus.

Cheers
(2014-02-10, 16:46)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]do you install

plugin.library.data.provider

Yes now i have installed it but i doesn't work

Thx
try the settings
settings- addons-enabled addons- services-libary data provider
(2014-02-10, 19:23)warlion Wrote: [ -> ]try the settings
settings- addons-enabled addons- services-libary data provider

Edit: restarted xbmc and now it works!

Thank you
(2014-02-10, 19:14)reazorFX Wrote: [ -> ]Hi BigNoid,
economize on some code? Blush

Code:
custom_1126...xml        
line 158:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>        

custom_1121...xml        
line 70:    <include>FallbackMenu</include>

So it is easy to make a alternative Inludes_Home.xml with own fallback and menus.

Cheers

I would have to make an extra include condition then in the fallbackmenu items, but that could work.
What's the benefit of having a different includes_home.xml?
(2014-02-10, 11:19)LUISM Wrote: [ -> ]AEON NOX is no longer AEON NOX.
The best we can say is NOX 5 is some kind of NOX 4 / CONFLUENCE unwanted son (with some Android genes).
Aeon Nox description 1st sentence is "Aeon Nox stands for eye candy and customization." but maybe this is no longer true regarding Nox 5.

I realy hope someone will do something with NOX 4 so it fully supports Gotham and implements all futur changes, even if that means to create a NOX replacement skin as NOX seems to replace Confluence itself.

All this basic graphics and functions from NOX 5 meant to be reactive on all these low capable Android devices and other rPI make me feel like we loose half of this previous skin version benefits.

If NOX 4 or some kind of suite wont fully work on Gotham i would rather keep Frodo than move on to NOX 5 (on its actual state of course).

I apologize to you BigNoid (as i'm more than gratefull for all the work you have done before) but NOX 5 really isn't for me, and it was also the opinion of all my friends when i showed them last/new version differences.

Confused

(2014-02-10, 11:36)AeronNL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-10, 11:19)LUISM Wrote: [ -> ]AEON NOX is no longer AEON NOX.
The best we can say is NOX 5 is some kind of NOX 4 / CONFLUENCE unwanted son (with some Android genes).
Aeon Nox description 1st sentence is "Aeon Nox stands for eye candy and customization." but maybe this is no longer true regarding Nox 5.

I realy hope someone will do something with NOX 4 so it fully supports Gotham and implements all futur changes, even if that means to create a NOX replacement skin as NOX seems to replace Confluence itself.

All this basic graphics and functions from NOX 5 meant to be reactive on all these low capable Android devices and other rPI make me feel like we loose half of this previous skin version benefits.

If NOX 4 or some kind of suite wont fully work on Gotham i would rather keep Frodo than move on to NOX 5 (on its actual state of course).

I apologize to you BigNoid (as i'm more than gratefull for all the work you have done before) but NOX 5 really isn't for me, and it was also the opinion of all my friends when i showed them last/new version differences.

Confused

I have to agree on this.
I too appreciate all the hard work BigNoid does, especially because i have no program skills at all, but i too started using Aeon Nox because of all the eye candy and the customization options, which make Aeon Nox one of the most appreciated and loved skins for XBMC.
To me Nox 5 seems like a big step back, to a more basic skin, of which are plenty around.
Granted, the speed is great and also the more simplistic look compared to Nox 4 is cool if you are into that, but personally i m a bit of disappointed.
I hope that Aeon Nox 4 will keep its fan base and that the people who created all the great mods will keep updating them.
Again, not trying to be rude or bashing, just my opinion!

(2014-02-10, 11:55)LUISM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-10, 11:45)neurosis13 Wrote: [ -> ]many people want a fast and slick aeon skin for their low power htpc and thats a valid course to take, confluence is not being liked by many people.
so replacing it with Nox 5 someday is a great idea.

Nox 4 is being worked on again by Warlion and being ported to Gotham.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185290

That shoud be a reason to create a new Aeon Light skin but not to remove all the improvements from Nox 4 and call it Nox 5.

With Nox 5 I'm having a skin again that I want to run on on my htpc (and can run on my other devices). I completely lost that with v4. To me the textures and the dialog framework look outdated. The high cpu utilization is just ridiculous and more than half of the options that are in there are for a few users preference. I've come to a point I dont want that anymore in a skin.
Imo Nox has never looked better than in v5 and is much more usable for non-forum users. I'm sorry you guys feel that way, but dont think I didnt expect reactions like these. Its always like that when things chance so radically as in this case. Luckily for you warlion is doing a great job keeping v4 alive (which isnt easy, just take a look at the sheer amount of code he has to sift through to locate a bug)

(2014-02-10, 12:52)isamu.dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-10, 12:24)reazorFX Wrote: [ -> ]Nox 5 a step back.I don´t think so?!

(sy for my English)

Cheers
reazorFX

I'm with you. A lot of the people complaining probably forget about the low-end HTPCs & rPis out there need love too.

I believe that AN5 will be a BASE skin, meaning for starter functionality (with minor eye-candy). Meant for the beginner. While MODs will incorperate the aspects of AN4 that a person may like. thus allowing cherry-picking of only the features one wants.

As a side note, an addon in which these mods could be downloaded within XBMC would be an awesome way to encourage the behavior.

Thats correct, it should be a base skin that you can run on all your devices, having the same experience on all.
Yeah, I've been thinking about a sort of addon system for mods too. Should definitely be doable. I hope I can up my python skills enough to get this going.
I like Nox 5 Smile.
I've always been a fan of Aeon Nox simply because it looks great without having to change anything. Being able to customize everything sounds nice but in my experience I usually don't customize anything. Nox 5 still looks great out of the box but it's quite a bit lighter and even runs great on a RPi.
Out of curiosity, what makes a skin "heavy"? Is it the widgets, the animations, the views, the customizations? I respect your work BigNoid and I understand why you want to do a redesign for Nox5. I'll check it out again when it's done because I'm a Nox fan, never used any other skin. So far I kinda like it, but also kinda don't. It's more readable due to the larger text, but I can't say I like the views that are in the skin now. The difference in speed is definitely noticeable, although Nox4 runs fine on my E450 and my old Transformer Prime android tablet. Of course there's going to be hoorays and boos from the community, but at the end of the day, it's your skin and you should keep to your design, you'll gain new 'fans' but maybe lose some old ones.
(2014-02-10, 22:16)Raytestrak Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, what makes a skin "heavy"? Is it the widgets, the animations, the views, the customizations?

Its all the options and the number of controls. In v5 lots of both have gone in favor of usability.

(2014-02-10, 22:16)Raytestrak Wrote: [ -> ]I respect your work BigNoid and I understand why you want to do a redesign for Nox5. I'll check it out again when it's done because I'm a Nox fan, never used any other skin. So far I kinda like it, but also kinda don't. It's more readable due to the larger text, but I can't say I like the views that are in the skin now. The difference in speed is definitely noticeable, although Nox4 runs fine on my E450 and my old Transformer Prime android tablet. Of course there's going to be hoorays and boos from the community, but at the end of the day, it's your skin and you should keep to your design, you'll gain new 'fans' but maybe lose some old ones.

Skins are always a matter of personal taste Smile Atm I'm only including views that i'm 100% happy with. It should be relatively easy to add views (in the form of mods) to the final product if there is anything you miss from v4. The code is a lot more comprehensible then v4.