Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-16, 03:01)iAMl3dgend Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher i want to add a finish time to the top right how can i do this my self?

.ps great work on the skin keep it up.
Skinning for Kodi
(2015-05-16, 03:41)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hitcher:

I know it is an alpha, but I found a couple of things:

When you have movies selected, after the stars, you have the number of votes. Sometimes they are properly separated by a comma, but not always.

I also noticed, that when you use extendedinfo, after you select a movie, you can click on an actor. This will show you all the movies he has done, but when you click on the movie, it doesn't show any information for that movie, like actors, plot,etc.

This is a very nice skin!
How the votes are displayed has nothing to do with the skin (they'll be the same whichever one you use) but how Kodi gets that info. eg NFO, scraper, etc.

As for the extendedinfo, I haven't got around to coding the video info dialog for it yet.
(2015-05-16, 03:46)iAMl3dgend Wrote: [ -> ]Also a tiny request can you make an option to change the font size would really appreciate it thanks
Changing the font size is a huge task.
(2015-05-16, 06:17)Route6 Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely terrific skin!
Its just a bit different than I'm used to. 1st thing I want to do is launch specific addons with a custom action (which I see you have here) but unlike other skins it doesn't automatically input the action just by selecting the app/addon.
How would I set say ROM collection browser to launch from the home menu under "Games"?
I tried googling it but couldn't find a specific procedure. Thanks.

Edit--shoulda thought a little more before posting. I just went back to my old skin and copied the custom action.
I use the same Skin Shortcuts script that other skins use so I can't see how it behaves differently in my skin.
Hitcher, Kodi still crashes every time I customize a home menu shortcut (I'm using the latest sript.skinshortcuts that you linked to).

Here is the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/pzfBRhXY
Can't see anything. What happens when you run it in another skin?
(2015-05-15, 23:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 21:14)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 20:25)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Depends how if it can be used for the content on the home screen and then as a direct path to open.

I tried to use the Watchlist script recently but it was horrible as it took to long to go from the home screen to the actual content and you often saw another dialog as it loaded.

It works in Arctic: Zephyr by adding the PleXBMC path as a favourite, and adding the favourite to the custom widgets. Should be possible with fTV, right?

If you want to test it yourself edit the Home.xml (make a backup first) and change all the 3 occurrences of special://skin/extras/video/RecentlyAddedMovies.xsp to whatever the PleXBMC path is.

Thanks Hitcher, that works.

Code:
<!-- Movie widgets -->
        <control id="101" type="list">
            <include>HiddenHomeList</include>
            <content limit="6" target="video">plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?mode=0&amp;url=http%3a%2f%2f10.0.1.4%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2frecentlyAdded</content>
        </control>

For Movies it shows the posters, but for TV Shows it shows the episode thumbs in 'poster size' instead of square. Any way to show the TV episodes as square on the home menu (or show the TV show's poster instead of the episode thumb)?
Started a new thread for artwork only.

fTV artwork guide and image thread
(2015-05-16, 09:40)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see anything. What happens when you run it in another skin?

It works in Arctic: Zephyr. No crashes when customizing home menus.
(2015-05-16, 10:05)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 23:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 21:14)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]It works in Arctic: Zephyr by adding the PleXBMC path as a favourite, and adding the favourite to the custom widgets. Should be possible with fTV, right?

If you want to test it yourself edit the Home.xml (make a backup first) and change all the 3 occurrences of special://skin/extras/video/RecentlyAddedMovies.xsp to whatever the PleXBMC path is.

Code:
<!-- Movie widgets -->
            <content limit="6" target="video">plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?mode=0&amp;url=http%3a%2f%2f10.0.1.4%3a32400%2flibrary%2fsections%2f1%2frecentlyAdded</content>
        </control>

For Movies it shows the posters, but for TV Shows it shows the episode thumbs in 'poster size' instead of square. Any way to show the TV episodes as square on the home menu (or show the TV show's poster instead of the episode thumb)?

Edit one of the TV show links instead. How is the transition from home screen to the list?
(2015-05-16, 10:06)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-16, 09:40)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see anything. What happens when you run it in another skin?

It works in Arctic: Zephyr. No crashes when customizing home menus.

I've know idea what's going wrong but for now just customise it using another skin and then change back to fTV.
(2015-05-16, 10:08)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-16, 10:05)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 23:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to test it yourself edit the Home.xml (make a backup first) and change all the 3 occurrences of special://skin/extras/video/RecentlyAddedMovies.xsp to whatever the PleXBMC path is.

Code:
<!-- Movie widgets -->
        </control>

Edit one of the TV show links instead. How is the transition from home screen to the list?

The transition is 'OK'. A bit slow, there's a little delay making it not so smooth.

Sorry I don't understand regarding the TV Shows.

Please see screenshots below.

This is Movies (looks ok):
http://i.imgur.com/pbyY9SQ.jpg

This is TV Shows (shows stretched thumbs):
http://i.imgur.com/PjBXxjc.jpg
I dunno if this is the skin or the skin shortcuts plugin but ftv seems to share settings with my osmc-skin, which was practical in one way as I wound up with my preconfigured home menu but impractical as I didn't see any widgets (this might be a separate issue though) not even sure if this is a bug or a feature
Try changing the skin setting to use wide icons for shows.
(2015-05-16, 11:36)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the skin setting to use wide icons for shows.
Is global search skinned properly? Because when I search it looks like the stock skin images not ftv. Also next aired app doesn't seem to be skinned properly either
(2015-05-16, 11:35)hsus Wrote: [ -> ]I dunno if this is the skin or the skin shortcuts plugin but ftv seems to share settings with my osmc-skin, which was practical in one way as I wound up with my preconfigured home menu but impractical as I didn't see any widgets (this might be a separate issue though) not even sure if this is a bug or a feature

That's idea behind skin shortcuts - the ability to customise your home menu and use it across multiple skins.

Having said that because of the way the Fire TV home screen works (eg multiple widgets per main menu entry) there was no way I could use it to fill the widgets as you'd only be able to use one. For the widgets to appear you'll need to make sure your menu items are named correctly - Movies, TV Shows, and Music.
(2015-05-16, 11:40)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-16, 11:36)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing the skin setting to use wide icons for shows.
Is global search skinned properly? Because when I search it looks like the stock skin images not ftv. Also next aired app doesn't seem to be skinned properly either

I don't have time to skin every addon. Wink
(2015-05-16, 11:41)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-16, 11:40)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't have time to skin every addon. Wink
You should really consider just those two though haha xD cheers