Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-19, 20:43)TjaLfE Wrote: [ -> ]This has probably been asked a million times already, but the thread i huge.(Yes i used the search box)

I know there isn't live tv support atm, but will there be in the future?

it clearly states in the first post it won't be added.
I don't see a clear "it will never be added" in the first post.
Just that it isn't supported, could be in the pipeline?

If not, maybe another skilled skinner could fork this amazing work by hitcher, and do a Live TV section?
(2015-05-19, 20:44)vulturez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-19, 15:51)mcborzu Wrote: [ -> ]Love the skin!!

Throwing a thought out there:

Any thought to having Kids/Action adventure/Comedy/Sci-Fi subsections being set to "Random" rather than "sorttitle". Makes the homepage seem fresh rather than seeing same 4 movies every time...Actually as I'm typing I made the change and when entering the playlist from home it refreshes the content, sort of ruining the effect...

Would love this too, seeing random would be much preferred over the same titles every time.

Can do this by editing the smart playlist included with the skin. Go to you skin fodler, then /extras/videos/. Open the playlist you want to edit in notepad (the file names are pretty obvious). Now just change where it says "sorttitle" to "random", so it looks like this:

Code:
<order direction="ascending">random</order>

You might get some odd behaviour with this, like the preview movies not matching the movies when you go into the list, but it will randomise the movies each time you launch kodi.

Can also replace these playlists with other ones you make (easier that editing the code). Just need to make sur the file name matches.
(2015-05-19, 18:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Both good ideas and will be added for next update.

Awesome! Thanks Hitcher.
The skin is amazing. well worth the wait. Thank you so much for all the hard work!
Impressive. Outstanding watchmaker job.
(2015-05-19, 20:09)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice skin. Good work. Cool
Thanks for your help in making it's features possible.
(2015-05-19, 18:49)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-19, 18:46)ADHDMedia Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Advanced Launcher to run SNES and N64 emulators and the cover art is square instead of landscape… while other emulations will probably require a portrait icon. What are the chances we could get an option to change the view in cases like these? Thanks bro - skin was definitely worth the wait.

Again, this is dependent on addons providing the correct information for skins so they get viewed in the correct aspect ratio.

...so is there no way to fix it? I had the same problem with the Xbox One skin and the dev just added a few view options and boom, problem solved.
Hi,

Is it possible to include an air date of specific show?

Also, how do I go about updating fTV skins in the future? How do I know when a new one is released.
(2015-05-18, 10:39)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-17, 17:56)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Hitcher:

Under movies, top rated movies, what do I need to change to show IMDB top250, all 250, not just the top 25?

Is it an option for the skin to add more submenu's under movies? ls it something I find in the menu without modding the skin

Thanks

Its just a custom playlist. Enter the top rated category and enter context menu to edit playlist. Change number of items from 25 to what you want. You can edit any of those home menu playlists for Movies and TV Shows.

I know you can add another home menu item but not sure about adding another playlist option under Movies category without editing home.xml file

I will try to do this, thanks
(2015-05-19, 16:55)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-19, 15:47)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-16, 16:36)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]No font options, sorry. Although subtitles shouldn't be using the skins fonts.
Fantastic work here, Hitcher!
Echoing other users here, we recognize that it would be a departure from the Fire TV style, but allowing the option to choose Arial-based would let users who have add-ons with menus in unicode to display properly.
It would be wonderful if you can consider incorporating the option (it'd be an option so that it doesn't distract folks who want to keep the Fire TV style fonts) for the next release. Thank you very much in advance.
Addons use font13 which is Arial.
Rushed home to try the skin earlier. Wow, fantastic work!
I am still on Helix and noticed the following having played with it for the last 30 mins:
1. Unicode characters in add-on list menu (ie the add-ons themselves) show up as squares
2. Within the add-on, the Unicode characters in the menu items also show up as squares
3. The quit menu items' characters are 15% cut off on the top
Is there anyway to enable support for TV tunes or video extras? Thanks.

BTW on an unrelated note I tried switching the code from sorttitle to random for kids movies and it works but when looking from the home screen the movies change when you move right. So on the side of movies you might see "Back to the Future" as the first title but when you move toward it the whole list changes to random movies so that's not a preferable option for me but if there's a different way I'd like to try it.
(2015-05-20, 04:39)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-19, 16:55)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-19, 15:47)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic work here, Hitcher!
Echoing other users here, we recognize that it would be a departure from the Fire TV style, but allowing the option to choose Arial-based would let users who have add-ons with menus in unicode to display properly.
It would be wonderful if you can consider incorporating the option (it'd be an option so that it doesn't distract folks who want to keep the Fire TV style fonts) for the next release. Thank you very much in advance.
Addons use font13 which is Arial.
Rushed home to try the skin earlier. Wow, fantastic work!
I am still on Helix and noticed the following having played with it for the last 30 mins:
1. Unicode characters in add-on list menu (ie the add-ons themselves) show up as squares
2. Within the add-on, the Unicode characters in the menu items also show up as squares
3. The quit menu items' characters are 15% cut off on the top
Firstly this will only work properly on Isengard.
Secondly can you post some screenshots.
(2015-05-20, 06:11)Route6 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to enable support for TV tunes or video extras? Thanks.

BTW on an unrelated note I tried switching the code from sorttitle to random for kids movies and it works but when looking from the home screen the movies change when you move right. So on the side of movies you might see "Back to the Future" as the first title but when you move toward it the whole list changes to random movies so that's not a preferable option for me but if there's a different way I'd like to try it.
That's because the list is loaded once on the home screen and again in the video screen which is normally OK, but because you've made it random it gets randomised twice.

EDIT: TV Tunes is supported, no need to enable it as it'll work as long as TV Tunes is enabled.
Hitcher or anyone,

Can you tell me why the loading spinner would sit there for quite a while before disappearing? I am having trouble with the spinner and sometimes the OSD bar just sitting on the screen with video playing in the background, dimmed. Most of the time I am using Genesis add-on but it happens with local videos as well. If I press play and then pause a few times I can get it to go away but it can get rather annoying. Is there some setting I need to make within Kodi? I ask here because this is the only skin I have noticed having this trouble. I love the skin and want to continue to use it.
Hi Hitcher,

do you have any idea concerning that error message? It appears when I open episode information and sometimes when I open tv show information. It displays a notification in Kodi which is quite annoying. Also it does only occur on your skin Sad

Code:
16:35:01 T:4632   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('result',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 62, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\default.py", line 26, in __init__
                                                StartInfoActions(self.infos, self.params)
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\​process.py", line 121, in StartInfoActions
                                                movie_id = GetImdbIDFromDatabase("movie", dbid)
                                              File "C:\Users\Branphma\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\resources\lib\​local_db.py", line 322, in GetImdbIDFromDatabase
                                                if "moviedetails" in json_response["result"]:
                                            KeyError: ('result',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:35:01 T:5844   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.extendedinfo/?info=similarmovies&&dbid=19661

Furthermore, "favourites" has no widget for me. I know it's supposed to show one however it does not. It's the only menu that does not show it's widget.

Best regards