Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Hitcher - noticed a few more times with other add-ons where the video player status bar on the bottom would not go away after a few seconds of the video. These are not videos based on small cips; it's just one long video.

We are almost there!! :-)

(2015-05-29, 15:28)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher - I modified the fonts.xml file to add Arial and if you ever needed it, here it is http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9StTDb38 Overall, it does the job displaying the unicode characters, I do notice a few quirks here and there such as the title of a movie and the summary doesn't line up exactly.

I have a question based on an observation though: I noticed a couple of my add-ons where the videos are based on several small clips, the video player status bar on the bottom would never go away therefore blocking the bottom of the screen. What's the condition of the video before it goes away in your design?
So I tested this on a spmc 14.2 build and loved it. So I had to do a factory reset and so I replaced spmc for kodi isengard and now when I try to install this skin it tells me. Addon does not have the correct structure. What am I doing wrong?
very good but videos start minimized for me so i have to press the 'back'-button several of times to get to see the video any ideas how to fix that?
this skin is fantastic! it's the only one i've seen that is able integrate web/plugin content on the homescreen without any loading issues.

some bugs i've noticed in the latest github version (0.9.96):
- no matter what view you choose for the homescreen content, it always forget the view settings and open to the default wide view. (for addon contents)
- seasons show wrong info on some views. (instead of Season X, it shows Season X Episode X, on the wide view).
- when you pause the video and TAB back to the homescreen, sometimes the paused overlay is kept on top of everything.

some ideas on features:
- option to show playing video on the background.
- a thumbnail view for widgets (for youtube subscriptions or any addon that uses thumbnails)
- a way of selecting which set of widgets is used. (for example: if you want a row that has the tvshows widgets, but points to a custom location instead of the tvshows root).

thanks for listening Smile
Hitcher congrats for your work! great skin.
Is there a way to add a STOP button to playback menu?
Thanks
(2015-05-31, 04:40)ecolombres Wrote: [ -> ]Hitcher congrats for your work! great skin.
Is there a way to add a STOP button to playback menu?
Thanks

If you download the git version from 1st post you'll get the OSD controls for video and audio playback
Can there be light version or an option to change colors ? I find it cool but after a few weeks of use I am finding it dark and feel I could use it in a more lively tone.
(2015-05-29, 19:47)bjero Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-29, 11:48)bjero Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-29, 10:59)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]I think this can be achieved using the built in skin setting for customising the home screen. Just go into PleXBMC and save to Favourites all the sections you want (recently added etc), then add them as widgets in Skin Settings.

For Movies for example, make sure to select "Choose Content" and then select Movies from "Common". Then go down to Widgets and change them to the favourites you saved.

Haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Thanks for hint, i will try this and will give feedback

OK It is working that way, only confusing thing is that by pressing the return key on remote i do not land in main menu or in menu before, i land in the plexbmc plugin but i think that i cant change this is i link the widget to the plexbmc plugin Smile
Try adding ,return to the path just before the last ).
(2015-05-30, 09:38)andytseng Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
New to the forums.
I'm loving this skin! I started adding my own smart playlists so I could have different widgets (i.e. Documentaries) in my movies.

Would it help people to have a simple how-to on how to add widgets for different genres? Or is that child's play for most?
Video guide in the first post.
(2015-05-30, 12:00)tris20 Wrote: [ -> ]great skin really love it.

but found an error when using keyboard. i cant choose anyting else on the setting tab. when i relaod the skin it works but when going to tv show or movie it comes back. reboot dont help.

is tvtunes compatible?

so i cant know if i can choose different view styles. i like it when i see the orriginal covers of tv shows (EDIT sorry found it!!). and a whached marker would be nice (EDIT sorry it's al ready there )
. i can not change view style is that normal?

also i realy like to have a startup video can you integrate that?

thanks
Which setting tab?
Yes TVTunes is supported.
(2015-05-30, 12:16)rridder Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Hitcher,
Currently testing your skin, and must say everything runs really smooth and looks very clean. Good job!
When i add an menu item video addons it's not showing the icons on the right. Would it maybe be possible to add a menu item addons when then on the right you have music, video, programs? No you can only select one widget.

When you go in to a tv shows that has multiple seasons it's not easy to see a season number, at the moment you can only see it on the poster artwork, could this maybe be shown in a title somewhere? (this is a minor thing, as can you also use the auto highlight function)

Would it be possible to have music videos in poster view instead of the squares? In my case (and i think many others) have concerts that have front covers.

Besides that i can't figure out how to add the keyboard.xml function. I created a new one and added your code and put it in the keymaps folder inside userdata. But it's not working, hope you or someone can help me with that.
Only works for Movies, TV Shows, Music, Videos, Pictures, and Programs ATM.
Season info was added for the latest GIT version.
(2015-05-30, 17:19)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher - noticed a few more times with other add-ons where the video player status bar on the bottom would not go away after a few seconds of the video. These are not videos based on small cips; it's just one long video.

We are almost there!! :-)

(2015-05-29, 15:28)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher - I modified the fonts.xml file to add Arial and if you ever needed it, here it is http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=9StTDb38 Overall, it does the job displaying the unicode characters, I do notice a few quirks here and there such as the title of a movie and the summary doesn't line up exactly.

I have a question based on an observation though: I noticed a couple of my add-ons where the videos are based on several small clips, the video player status bar on the bottom would never go away therefore blocking the bottom of the screen. What's the condition of the video before it goes away in your design?

(2015-05-30, 23:51)retsam00 Wrote: [ -> ]very good but videos start minimized for me so i have to press the 'back'-button several of times to get to see the video any ideas how to fix that?
Can you turn on the debug labels and let me know which dialogs are visible when this happens?
(2015-05-31, 01:34)fabiomello Wrote: [ -> ]this skin is fantastic! it's the only one i've seen that is able integrate web/plugin content on the homescreen without any loading issues.

some bugs i've noticed in the latest github version (0.9.96):
- no matter what view you choose for the homescreen content, it always forget the view settings and open to the default wide view. (for addon contents)
- seasons show wrong info on some views. (instead of Season X, it shows Season X Episode X, on the wide view).
- when you pause the video and TAB back to the homescreen, sometimes the paused overlay is kept on top of everything.

some ideas on features:
- option to show playing video on the background.
- a thumbnail view for widgets (for youtube subscriptions or any addon that uses thumbnails)
- a way of selecting which set of widgets is used. (for example: if you want a row that has the tvshows widgets, but points to a custom location instead of the tvshows root).

thanks for listening Smile
Could be the addon is overriding the view type - check it's settings.
That should only be shown on the Episode view view.
Will check.
Widgets can be changed in the latest versions.
(2015-05-31, 07:53)fallingravity2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can there be light version or an option to change colors ? I find it cool but after a few weeks of use I am finding it dark and feel I could use it in a more lively tone.
Sure if someone themes it. Wink
Awesome job. Thank you very much. Will the live tv option of kodi be included some day? Thats the only thing im missing or im to stupid to find it
(2015-05-31, 10:17)Rockafilly Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome job. Thank you very much. Will the live tv option of kodi be included some day? Thats the only thing im missing or im to stupid to find it
Probably not. I personally don't use it which makes it even harder to code and I don't think it would fit in with the overall design.
Ok, that makes sense. Something to disclaim easily for this nice skin Smile
(2015-05-31, 10:14)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Video guide in the first post.

I was referring to adding different categories of Smart Playlists that could be inserted as widgets. For example, I added a widget that was a list of Documentary films. And I added to the music section a video list of live concerts. I'm assuming the available movie widget categories match what the Fire TV has listed, but for those that don't have Kids or aren't particularly into Sci-Fi, people can change them to Horror, or Westerns, or Stand-up, or whatever else they might like.

Just wasn't sure if people knew that it was possible and pretty simple.

I'm seeing now that I maybe could have just used the Video Playlist option, but adding the actual widget let me give it a name on the home screen.
(2015-05-31, 11:09)andytseng Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-31, 10:14)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Video guide in the first post.

I'm seeing now that I maybe could have just used the Video Playlist option, but adding the actual widget let me give it a name on the home screen.

when you select video playlist in skin settings, hit right and highlight the second column and select. That way you can rename to something different other than "video playlist"
(2015-05-31, 12:36)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]when you select video playlist in skin settings, hit right and highlight the second column and select. That way you can rename to something different other than "video playlist"

Ah, gotcha. Did not see that. Thanks! I really overcomplicated things there.