Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When fast forwarding or rewinding, the skip back icon is displayed in error over the progress bar.

Hitcher, I guess the screenshot you have posted is all the fire TVs shows as far as info.

This is what kind of info shows up on other skins you see.
(2015-05-25, 17:07)jmedemar Wrote: [ -> ]When fast forwarding or rewinding, the skip back icon is displayed in error over the progress bar.

I'd consider that a bug with Kodi to be honest as you shouldn't really be able to skip while fast forwarding/rewinding. Wink
(2015-05-25, 17:09)Skribbler1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hitcher, I guess the screenshot you have posted is all the fire TVs shows as far as info.

This is what kind of info shows up on other skins you see.
If you don't know the plot to what you're watching then you're not watching it properly. Wink
Lol!
(2015-05-25, 17:16)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know the plot to what you're watching then you're not watching it properly. Wink

Actually, I am one of those who choose not to know.

Ignorance is a blessing! Big Grin
(2015-05-25, 17:16)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-25, 17:07)jmedemar Wrote: [ -> ]When fast forwarding or rewinding, the skip back icon is displayed in error over the progress bar.

I'd consider that a bug with Kodi to be honest as you shouldn't really be able to skip while fast forwarding/rewinding. Wink

I would too, except that I'm not pressing the skip buttons Wink The skin adds it there automatically.

I've made it hidden when fast forwarding or rewinding as trying to just slide it up results in lots of weirdness with Kodi. Confused

Like I said you shouldn't really be able to skip while fast forwarding or rewinding.
(2015-05-25, 17:21)lysin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-25, 17:16)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know the plot to what you're watching then you're not watching it properly. Wink

Actually, I am one of those who choose not to know.

Ignorance is a blessing! Big Grin

Then the info screen is made for you. Wink
Hey Hitcher,

I noticed one little bug.

I set up the tv show scraper to fetch ratings for episodes form IMDB (if there is no IMDB rating then there is no rating displayed).
Now, when I scroll through my episodes the skin shows me the TVDB label next to the rating, which is wrong in that case. However, when I open the episode information the correct label, IMDB, is displayed.
Could you fix that, so that the IMDB label is always displayed if TVDB ratings are disabled? Big Grin

Cheers
(2015-05-25, 17:35)dimaceti Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Hitcher,

I noticed one little bug.

I set up the tv show scraper to fetch ratings for episodes form IMDB (if there is no IMDB rating then there is no rating displayed).
Now, when I scroll through my episodes the skin shows me the TVDB label next to the rating, which is wrong in that case. However, when I open the episode information the correct label, IMDB, is displayed.
Could you fix that, so that the IMDB label is always displayed if TVDB ratings are disabled? Big Grin

Cheers

That you can the IMDB logo in the episode info screen is actually a bug as it should be the TVDB logo. The logos displayed are actually based on the content (movies vs TV shows) as there's no way to know where they were scraped from.
I noticed TV shows and movies had trouble searching & downloading subtitle from OpenSubtitle subtitle add-on. It has no trouble with local subtitles.
I'm going to switch back to Confluence just to see if the same problem exists there too. If it doesn't, I'll post the log so Hitcher has something to look at.
Not sure if anybody else noticed the same thing with remote subtitles.
That wont be anything to do with the skin.
I have added basic Live TV support to fTV.

I won't spam this thread, but I wanted to mention it here, since a lot of people have asked for possible Live TV support in this thread.

Hitcher, I hope it's OK with you that I have started working on this, since I read that you won't be adding it yourself?

For now, only the EPG Guide and Channels OSD have been coded.

I have started a fork of fTV on Github, and I hope that maybe someday it can be added to the official fTV release, so there's no need to maintain a separate branch.

You have to enable Live TV, if not already enabled, with another skin (ie. Confluence) since the Live TV settings haven't been coded.

Also, you have to customize the home menu 'Live TV' shortcut so it points to the EPG Guide; Custom action: ActivateWindow(TVGuide).

Hint: when the channels OSD is open, you can press the 'left' button to see program info (see screenshot below).

I hope someone will find a use for it. Thanks to Hitcher for a great, minimal skin that just works Smile

Download: https://github.com/MartinAyla/skin.ftv

EPG Guide:

Channels OSD:
great skin i have a problem not skin related but need help i am on Isengard beta 1 when i play a movie trailer it plays in background i have keep pressing back to watch it any fix would be welcome
Is there a setting to have the current playing content visible behind the background like the artwork is displayed?