Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm old school - Notepad++ Wink
(2016-01-04, 11:09)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]Hitcher

I've created a favourite based on a video source for personal videos. In other skins I can add the favourite as a home menu item and when selected it will display the file list of content.

However FTV behaves differently. It opens the video source menu forcing me to navigate to the Files menu and manually select the source to display the content.

This behaviour is unique to adding video sources to favourites, other files added as favourites open directly.

Is this a bug?

Hi Hitcher, were you able to take a look at the issue I reported earlier?
(2016-01-06, 00:45)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-05, 06:25)nikicampos Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, any way to downgrade to 2.2.20, yesterday I installed 2.4.0 and my firetv stick keeps crashing, it worked perfect with the previous version.

Thanks

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv/ar...4be0bc.zip

Perfect, thanks.

Don't really know what happened, will install 2.4.0 again, if it crashes again at least I can go back to 2.2.20, looking forward for future updates, great work on the skin, the best in my opinion.

Also, any help on changing the Favourites view from square to poster?
Hey all, quick question for Hitcher or anyone else who may be able to help. I'm fairly new to custom Kodi builds, this skin is actually my first attempt at one. I've built it to exactly where I want it on my MacBook and it appears to work as it should there. However, when I back it up ( via the Kodi backup utility) and restore it on my fire tv stick (with the abdfire restore function) none of the home screen widgets will populate. Both machines are running 15.2 Isengard and all the info/shortcuts and addons appear to be where they should be. Is there any way to force populate or refresh the home screen? Not sure where I went wrong here, I can provide screen shots if necessary.

Thanks!
Hey,

I dont understand how the preview posters for the widgets get selected? The widget shows different video posters than if I open the smart playlist!

I have made up a smart playlist "Extremsport", wich is the action on the main menu entry and also my submenu.

I would like to see the poster in the widget exactly the same order, like if I open it actually.

On this pic you can see my main menu with the widget preview:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8nwvmr35r39n3...t.jpg?dl=0

And this ist how it looks if I open the menu entry by clicking left:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o229wmbojbooe...t.jpg?dl=0
@schaedel.max:

Try to set "sort by titel" in your smartplaylist.
[REQUEST]

1. Can you add a path for custom genre icons

e.g.
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.ftv\extras\genre\vid​eo\icons

so png's can be extracted into the folder

2. The option to add 'Custom shortcut' (so a shortcut can be manually typed) when choosing an shortcut for widget action, similar to the option given when changing action of the main menu.

Thanks
(2016-01-06, 12:07)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@schaedel.max:

Try to set "sort by titel" in your smartplaylist.
Thanks, that was exactly what i needed to know!
(2016-01-03, 18:18)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-01, 20:50)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]It's taken me the best part of the day but I've managed to add the Fire TV's style of searching.

watch gallery

Added QWERTY and AZERTY support to this now.

Is there anyway you can make it only show movies, TV shows, and app words that are in our library? Or is that something that would have to be done by the global search add-on. Cause right now you're pulling search words from idk where :o. Would make it faster imo
It's using the Extended Info addon's Goggle auto-complete so no.
Love the Skin! Brilliant! One thing and maybe it's just me but could there be a way to add a Wall view. It Takes forever going in a straight line across. Would be amazing to go up down side to side in the Tv show and Movie titles. I think adding just 1 simple view would make the skin more grand.

Cheers.Big Grin
Some of the users won't accept that this skin tries to imitate an orignal FireTV device ^^
Hitcher, sualfred,

many thanks for all your efforts on this skin, which is really impressive. Here is a link to an updated German language file for v2.4.2. Maybe sualfred has the time to review my translations in its context, in case I did not get it right.

I know that you guys are trying to be as close as possible to the original Fire TV UI, but I would like to ask for colour support once again (see 2063606 (post)) - for those using this skin on a real Fire TV device it is highly appreciated to have the same UI, but be able to distinguish on first sight whether it is Kodi or not (WAF)...
(2016-01-07, 10:34)italyboxer Wrote: [ -> ]Love the Skin! Brilliant! One thing and maybe it's just me but could there be a way to add a Wall view. It Takes forever going in a straight line across. Would be amazing to go up down side to side in the Tv show and Movie titles. I think adding just 1 simple view would make the skin more grand.

Cheers.Big Grin

If only you could have up to 64 of your own playlists as widgets on the home screen. Wink
(2016-01-01, 19:46)workstation Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30, 14:24)Rasscal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-09, 16:05)workstation Wrote: [ -> ]Translate this 4 with your XML and then you also have this feature.
I do not know whether it is really but it works
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wielpp27qx178...v.zip?dl=0

Could you please re-link these files. I would love 20 widgets

Hello Rasscal,
this is not a problem.
I have asked the said files back online.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zy06resbsgrt05...v.zip?dl=0

@all
Happy New Year

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar Big Grin

Thanks hitcher for making it all possible