Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So apparently another person was able to find it at their Walmart as well in Orlando, Florida.
It might be worth checking your local Walmarts to see if yours has stocked it early.

Couple pics they posted:

Side of the box showing model number of Mi Box:
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/36c...1835f0.jpg

Walmart receipt showing purchase of Mi Box (maybe people can use the SKU # on the receipt to find it at their local store?)
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/9fb...f3088e.jpg
(2016-09-23, 23:05)Wheresthebeef Wrote: [ -> ]So apparently another person was able to find it at their Walmart as well in Orlando, Florida.
It might be worth checking your local Walmarts to see if yours has stocked it early.

Couple pics they posted:

Side of the box showing model number of Mi Box:
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/36c...1835f0.jpg

Walmart receipt showing purchase of Mi Box (maybe people can use the SKU # on the receipt to find it at their local store?)
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/9fb...f3088e.jpg
Nice let's wait for his review

Sent from my SM-G935F
If someone gets one of these could you see if a large USB hard drive can be attached locally?

thanks!
The guy who posted the picture I posted yesterday went back to Walmart and picked one up.

He made a short unboxing video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc2vFHYqCAc

According to his posts in the comment section, all peripherals work well and ethernet through a USB hub works better than it does on Nexus Player.

Looks like you get 5.1GB internal storage available. He also plugged in a 16GB USB drive that gave him the option to use as internal storage, so increasing the storage should be pretty straight forward.

I already own a Shield and a Nexus Player but damn now i want one of these too.
(2016-09-24, 20:40)Wheresthebeef Wrote: [ -> ]The guy who posted the picture I posted yesterday went back to Walmart and picked one up.

He made a short unboxing video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc2vFHYqCAc

According to his posts in the comment section, all peripherals work well and ethernet through a USB hub works better than it does on Nexus Player.

Looks like you get 5.1GB internal storage available. He also plugged in a 16GB USB drive that gave him the option to use as internal storage, so increasing the storage should be pretty straight forward.

I already own a Shield and a Nexus Player but damn now i want one of these too.
Nice need to see reviews about the hd audio and hdr output

yes that's right
Another review spotted on youtube.

All of these benchmarks and Nerd stats are frankly completely useless if all you are doing is playing Audio and Video content. The CPU, rarely get used when playing video. The GPU will get used to draw the GUI but it's the rarely mentioned VPU that does the video playback decoding, heavy lifting.

I predict there will be an absolute truckload of these Mi Box devices sold for those that don't need the gaming features the Shield offers, and just need a competent media playback Android TV OS device.
Wow, benchmarks and a whole lot of talk about gaming.

*slow clap*

How about a real video? like showing what the Netflix app is like, or what Kodi is like, or what VLC is like?

When you spend 13 minutes and don't show anything important...useless.
So it seems to be a Wetek play 2 performance and specifications but without ethernet and TV tuner... waiting for further tests and how kodi works
Show me 24p support and 1080p Netflix with 5.1 and I am in!
(2016-09-25, 09:21)zival Wrote: [ -> ]So it seems to be a Wetek play 2 performance and specifications but without ethernet and TV tuner... waiting for further tests and how kodi works
Or Wetek Hub without Ethernet? (And at the moment no LibreElec)
(2016-09-25, 08:32)SilverBlade Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, benchmarks and a whole lot of talk about gaming.

*slow clap*

How about a real video? like showing what the Netflix app is like, or what Kodi is like, or what VLC is like?

When you spend 13 minutes and don't show anything important...useless.

Glad I didn't watch the video now lol.

Looked on Walmarts website and couldn't find this box. I guess its store pickup only.. I can just wait and see who else carries it then..
Ya I don't know why the only videos out so far seem to be about it's gaming abilities. I am pretty sure the majority of us know this is not the box you buy if you're looking for a gaming device.

I want to see a video focusing on video playback. I want to see how well SPMC runs. What Netflix is like (does it support 1080p or heck maybe even 4K?).

I am not sure how reliable this information is, but on another forum (might have been a reddit comment), a person who tried to pick up a Mi Box at their local Walmart was denied (even though it was on the shelves) and was told they are not allowed to sell it until Tuesday (28th). So perhaps that is the official launch date for this device in the US.
(2016-09-25, 07:15)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]All of these benchmarks and Nerd stats are frankly completely useless if all you are doing is playing Audio and Video content. The CPU, rarely get used when playing video. The GPU will get used to draw the GUI but it's the rarely mentioned VPU that does the video playback decoding, heavy lifting.

I predict there will be an absolute truckload of these Mi Box devices sold for those that don't need the gaming features the Shield offers, and just need a competent media playback Android TV OS device.

The youtuber has just posted a review about those aspects of the mi box

In ETA Prime's defense he never claims to be a video expert and his whole channel is about gaming and emulators so not sure what you expected. On his latest video he even requested feedback/test clips so if someone wants to help him out I'm sure it would be beneficial for everyone.