Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to be getting random video stutters every so often while watching videos in Kodi on the Mi Box. I've also noticed this in SPMC and other video streaming apps like Watch ESPN. Tried experimenting with different resolutions, HDMI adaptation on and off, and even a factory reset but I still notice the video stutters. Is anyone else experiencing this with their mi boxes?
(2017-03-11, 06:21)hartman13 Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to be getting random video stutters every so often while watching videos in Kodi on the Mi Box. I've also noticed this in SPMC and other video streaming apps like Watch ESPN. Tried experimenting with different resolutions, HDMI adaptation on and off, and even a factory reset but I still notice the video stutters. Is anyone else experiencing this with their mi boxes?

Yes me too, until it gets proper refresh rate switching(if ever) it's going to be an issue, the problem appears much less of a problem with the latest kodi leia nightly for some reason, but it is still there.
Mi Box (MDZ-16-AB) works as expected for me, but I had to change some settings for the movies and series to run without JUDDER.
The settings I used are in the video below:

I hope Xiaomi releases an update right away correcting that, but I'm happy with Mi Box anyway.Smile
I wanted to be happy with mine but until the issues are fixed...if they are fixed I'm not. I say IF they are fixed because looking at Twitter they simply haven't responded to people pointing out the issues.
Hi guys I'm new here. I just received my Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' however having read the last 20 pages I'm not sure whether to open it or not. I predominantly bought the box for kodi, so wanted to ask whether you guys thought it would be better to sell the box and buy another type? Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks
Its a good box, not great. Mine does not run Kodi very well. But videos on SPMC are more stable performance wise. For $69 its a good buy. IMHO the Shield is better but far more expensive. Basically you cannot go wrong for TV and video watching.
Hi, what type of video are you using ? 4K or 1080 ?
I play 720p videos without any matter, even if torrent are downloading same time and if I'm using local ftp over the WiFi.
(2017-03-15, 18:38)insync44 Wrote: [ -> ]Its a good box, not great. Mine does not run Kodi very well. But videos on SPMC are more stable performance wise. For $69 its a good buy. IMHO the Shield is better but far more expensive. Basically you cannot go wrong for TV and video watching.

Do you recommend a box for kodi instead.

Thanks for your response.
Is it possible to load Libreelec on this box? I note that it doesn't have a micro sd slot and I have read elsewhere that it can't be rooted, which leads me to suspect the answer is 'No'. Confused
Mi Box cannot run LibreELEC - the bootloader is locked down tight.

Serious demanding Kodi users - on a budget buy an AMLogic S905(x) devices and run LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on it from a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class 10 micro SDHC card.

Browse these forums and the already existing budget AMLogic S905/S9xx thread for options. This has been discussed to death now.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255686

The Mi Box is fine for "Kodi Lite" users - especially those that just need the usual DRM Android Streaming Apps as well with a kick ass easy to use Interface Smile

BTW: Officially supported AMLogic S905 LibreELEC devices are the ODROID C2 / WeTek Hub / Play2. These work out of the box with minimal hassle.
Hi Wrxtasy,
Can you please point me to the latest Kodi Leia for the MiBox, please.
Cheers.
Kodi 18 Leia nightly releases popup in this folder:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/master/

You want the - master-armeabi-v7a.apk ones.
(2017-03-16, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Mi Box cannot run LibreELEC - the bootloader is locked down tight.

MI smartphone device can be ask unlock bootloader Rolleyes.... may also for mi box.
(2017-03-16, 11:05)looun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-16, 04:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Mi Box cannot run LibreELEC - the bootloader is locked down tight.

MI smartphone device can be ask unlock bootloader Rolleyes.... may also for mi box.

Mi smartphones run MIUI as I understand it. The Mi Box runs Android TV - they won't / can't unlock the bootloader using that site unfortunately.
So if it runs Android TV, cant be unlock via fastboot commands for OEM..?

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
or
fastboot oem unlock