Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-02-09, 07:16)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Q. How is you HDMI equiptment connected out of interest ?

is it - Mi Box > HDMI 2.0 4K TV<-> HDMI ARC <-> HDMI 1.4 AVR ?

Correct. TV is a TCL 55us57. I didnt expect ARC to work at all with 4K content off of this.
Just tested Kodi 16.1 with the way I have it setup with ARC.

Kodi is outputting 4k@60hz according to TV, enabled passthrough DD and DTS in settings. Receiver is showing DTS on a 4K movie with a DTS-HD MA soundtrack.

Only thing I did notice is the Mi Box went from outputting 4K@60hz last night to this morning outputting 1080P@60hz. Only thing I can think of is the TV was turned off and input changed from the Mi Box in the meantime to watch cable. Is there a way to force it to stay on 4K output?
Looks like that TCL TV you have there is a wee ripper for basic 5.1 AC3/DTS Audio Passthrough via ARC ! Smile

You would have to reboot the Mi Box with the TV on I suspect for the Mi Box to HDMI handshake and grab valid display modes again from the TV.

I would also check Android Settings > Display > Screen Resolution and make sure > Auto switch to best resolution is NOT selected.
(2017-02-09, 17:03)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like that TCL TV you have there is a wee ripper for basic 5.1 AC3/DTS Audio Passthrough via ARC ! Smile

You would have to reboot the Mi Box with the TV on I suspect for the Mi Box to HDMI handshake and grab valid display modes again from the TV.

I would also check Android Settings > Display > Screen Resolution and make sure > Auto switch to best resolution is NOT selected.

Not bad for a $320 on sale tv from Walmart for a 55" 4K TV. I didnt expect much from this tv considering the price, but so far its been really nice and the built in roku interface is among the fastest for a smart tv ive used. Its too bad Kodi wont work for Roku or I wouldnt even need the Mi Box to get 4K everything. It does have Plex, but God do I hate their interface compared to Kodi.

I did do a restart with the TV on this morning and it retained the 4k@60hz setting. So maybe that was all that was needed. Ill check the auto switch option too.
I sometimes have the problem when playing an episod of a serie(from my NAS), that after a minute or 2 the image freezes and it goes not further with fast forward.
When I play exactly the same on my pc, it gives no problem.
Anyone the solution for this?
Impossible to diagnose without a Crystal Ball, Eye of Newt and Some frogs legs.... Wink

OR a..

http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Log_file
(2017-02-10, 22:13)gerardo Wrote: [ -> ]I sometimes have the problem when playing an episod of a serie(from my NAS), that after a minute or 2 the image freezes and it goes not further with fast forward.
When I play exactly the same on my pc, it gives no problem.
Anyone the solution for this?
Only times I've ever had an issue like that it was my network that was the problem, but it could be something else. You'll need to post your log file when it happens.
I understand, but the pc is on the same wireless network and the mibox freezes everytime at exactly the same point.
(2017-02-11, 01:28)gerardo Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the logfile
http://paste.ubuntu.com/23969499/

I've never seen a log file that messed up with tons of pirate repos and pirate addons before. You'll have troubles getting help in here as long as they're in the log. It might be as easy as they're updating and causing the Mi box to freeze.
(2016-10-29, 07:31)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ][*]5.1 AC3/DD & DTS Audio passthrough works in Kodi Krypton RC with the IEC Audio passthrough option.

Where do I find IEC audio passthrough option in Krypton?

audio output device is greyed out
number of channels 2.0
allow passthrough-yes
passthrough output device greyed out (android, audiotrack)
dolby digital receiver-yes
enable dd transcoding-no
dd+ receiver-no
dts receiver-yes
dts-hd receiver-no
(2017-02-11, 01:51)joalin Wrote: [ -> ]

I've never seen a log file that messed up with tons of pirate repos and pirate addons before. You'll have troubles getting help in here as long as they're in the log. It might be as easy as they're updating and causing the Mi box to freeze.
Yes that is exactly what is going to happen. And that will be the exact cause of all problems. Dodgy video sources.
No help will be provided, due to the number of banned Addons used and gerardo is on his own.

Delete Kodi completely. (long press over the Icon and move to Trash) And come to us with a Clean Kodi.

BTW Incomplete Log files, like the one above will not be looked at either.
(2017-02-11, 05:32)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-11, 01:51)joalin Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes that is exactly what is going to happen. And that will be the exact cause of all problems. Dodgy video sources.
No help will be provided, due to the number of banned Addons used and gerardo is on his own.

Delete Kodi completely. (long press over the Icon and move to Trash) And come to us with a Clean Kodi.

BTW Incomplete Log files, like the one above will not be looked at either.

Just for clarity, what makes it incomplete in this case?
The Log is chopped off and shows no ffmpeg demuxing for Audio and Video that has contains essential metadata and we see no details of video playback either. All the A/V playback essentials are missing.

Basically such Logs are useless.
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the DNS settings in the mibox?