Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Thanks for "inputstream adaptive" and 1080 from youtube.
There is a small issue. 23,976 video runs as 24Hz initially, a few seconds later happens reinitializing to the desired frequency. Same on 29 and 59, which start as 30 and 60. It's about 1080. No problem on 720.
popcornmix said:
Quote:In general, kodi gets a framerate from the stream hints, and sets the HDMI refresh to match that.
While playing the file it also measure the actual framerate. If this differs from the hints, a second hdmi refresh rate change will occur.

For file playback the hints come from the container header.
For inputstream, I suspect it is being generated dynamically based on info from the add-on. I think you should report this to add-on developer.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2480233
Rpi2, Kodi 18 LibreELEC #1217
Thank you
(2016-12-18, 10:46)jmh2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Please read * HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE in the Frequently Asked Questions on Page 1 here.
Thanks. Can true WATCH LATER and HISTORY FEATURE still be accessible through v2 API?
PS:
If not, is it possible in theory to reverse-engineer official app to include such functionality in custom app? How difficult it would be?
(2016-12-18, 23:28)bam80 Wrote: [ -> ]Can true WATCH LATER and HISTORY FEATURE still be accessible through v2 API?

No, v2 API is dead.

(2016-12-18, 23:28)bam80 Wrote: [ -> ]If not, is it possible in theory to reverse-engineer official app to include such functionality in custom app? How difficult it would be?

In theory, it's probably possible, but from my POV, not practical.
How do I paste into kodi on a android box. Im trying to do the 3 keys needed for youtube, I can copy from outside kodi but cant paste into kodi. For some reason when i write them down aside from it taking so long , It doesnt work Probably mixing up O and I. I tryed using ctrl + v to paste and every other letter.
(2016-12-19, 03:29)nycguy Wrote: [ -> ]How do I paste into kodi on a android box. Im trying to do the 3 keys needed for youtube, I can copy from outside kodi but cant paste into kodi. For some reason when i write them down aside from it taking so long , It doesnt work Probably mixing up O and I. I tryed using ctrl + v to paste and every other letter.

You can't paste into Kodi. Sad You can however, paste into the Youtube settings.xml file. The file is located in your userdata folder:

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml

Unfortunately, the folder location may vary slightly in Android, so you may have to do some exploring. Once you find it, open it with a text editor and paste in your keys, save, and close.
If i cant find that could you tell me how to on the keys tell whats a zero or capital O or lower l or capital I. Also when i type in the second key it doesnt save the end part apps.googleusercontent.com thanks for help
(2016-12-18, 20:39)MONSTA Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Thanks for "inputstream adaptive" and 1080 from youtube.
There is a small issue. 23,976 video runs as 24Hz initially, a few seconds later happens reinitializing to the desired frequency. Same on 29 and 59, which start as 30 and 60. It's about 1080. No problem on 720.
popcornmix said:
Quote:In general, kodi gets a framerate from the stream hints, and sets the HDMI refresh to match that.
While playing the file it also measure the actual framerate. If this differs from the hints, a second hdmi refresh rate change will occur.

For file playback the hints come from the container header.
For inputstream, I suspect it is being generated dynamically based on info from the add-on. I think you should report this to add-on developer.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2480233
Rpi2, Kodi 18 LibreELEC #1217
Thank you

Exact same issue, Kodi 17 beta 6, custom compiled on Gentoo, Intel Hardware. Local videos rescale the screen before playing
The last couple of days, I have not been able to play any youtube links, either sending remotely to kodi, or trying to open via the add-on. It errors and fails to open. Any ideas? I did a manual remove and re-install of the add-on, no luck. This is on libreelec.

Log file http://pastebin.com/YRGZSPBk

Thanks
(2016-12-19, 04:17)nycguy Wrote: [ -> ]If i cant find that could you tell me how to on the keys tell whats a zero or capital O or lower l or capital I. Also when i type in the second key it doesnt save the end part apps.googleusercontent.com thanks for help

open up notepad and paste it into that. The font it uses is fixedsys so it should show it. If you are using a unix type system, change your textedit font to something that has a console type font and paste it in there.

Jeff
(2016-12-19, 03:29)nycguy Wrote: [ -> ]How do I paste into kodi on a android box. Im trying to do the 3 keys needed for youtube, I can copy from outside kodi but cant paste into kodi. For some reason when i write them down aside from it taking so long , It doesnt work Probably mixing up O and I. I tryed using ctrl + v to paste and every other letter.

The way I usually do it is to create a text file in dropbox and paste the info into that. Then, using Kore or Yatse or another remote app, I just access the parameter via on-screen controls and paste the text from the dropbox app into the keyboard entry via the remote app.
My liked and dislike sections are not working I get a error. Everything else in the addon works fine. Any ideas?
(2016-12-19, 15:53)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-19, 04:17)nycguy Wrote: [ -> ]If i cant find that could you tell me how to on the keys tell whats a zero or capital O or lower l or capital I. Also when i type in the second key it doesnt save the end part apps.googleusercontent.com thanks for help

open up notepad and paste it into that. The font it uses is fixedsys so it should show it. If you are using a unix type system, change your textedit font to something that has a console type font and paste it in there.

Jeff

Wow when I pasted the keys into notepad, I can see that letters were different then what I thought they were. I guess when keys etc are made they are only meant to be copied and pasted. Because without notepad I could never tell the difference in some letters. Thanks a lot Jeff
(2016-12-19, 20:53)sabrex Wrote: [ -> ]

The way I usually do it is to create a text file in dropbox and paste the info into that. Then, using Kore or Yatse or another remote app, I just access the parameter via on-screen controls and paste the text from the dropbox app into the keyboard entry via the remote app.
Thank you and Metal Chris, you both gave me ways to paste into Kodi. Im saving both of them, but are probably too complex for me. Im not a great computer guy. I think now that I pasted the keys into notepad and can actually tell the difference between some letters. I can manually type them in.
Would it be possible to add casting support to the addon "chromecast" or like with the other apps on TV's and Console apps where you link it to youtube with a code?
(2016-12-20, 11:18)psion Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add casting support to the addon "chromecast" or like with the other apps on TV's and Console apps where you link it to youtube with a code?

Honestly the developer for the plugin at the moment is working on other projects so i don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Do you know if any of the other plugins on here support that option?

jeff