Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.
Thanks for picking up the addon. I successfully installed the new version from the repo which is linked in the first post, and activated my own API keys.
Is there a specific reason that h0d3nt3uf3l created an update which is not hosted in the repo?

Anyway, my real question is this:
When I go to my playlists it only shows playlists I created myself, but not the playlists that I saved from other YouTubers. On the YouTube website you see both types of playlists.
Is there a way to change that in the plugin?
My update is not in the repo yet, because I have do do a little change in the first login. Anyway I would that people test the change because it was a bit more then an update. If you want to you can install it, in a few days its in the repo anyway.

I'll have a look at the playlists.
(2016-05-10, 17:18)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]There is a Chrome extension plugin in their plugin store which allows you to play to Kodi.

See here for more details. Which browser are you using on the PC?
Firefox..... i use firefox and chrome but for youtube i use firefox...
(2016-05-10, 17:58)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-10, 17:10)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]Hi boys.... i have a little question for you for a feature but it's possibly it's already possibly to obtain this... i try to explain:

Now from my Android smartphone i can "share" (using Yatse) a video from official youtube app to my Pi2 and i can watch the "sharing video" directly on my tv..............

It's possibly to obtain a similar feature when i stay to watch a video from a browser of my PC ?? Example... if i want to reproduce a video how i can send directly from my pc to my Pi2 and watching directly on my tv like i already can be obtain using yatse ??
My Pi2 it's reachable from an ip adreess (192.168.1.4) and my pc it's connect to same lan (192.168.1.2) and from browser i can open the web page of osmc but i don't know if it's possibly to share a video using this panel...............

If someone has understand how i need to do.. can suggest me how can i do ? Thanks in advance...........

For Firefox there is "Send to XBMC"

(2016-05-10, 17:13)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-05, 14:08)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]Just get the version 5.1.20.7 above from my github https://github.com/h0d3nt3uf3l/plugin.video.youtube

Changed a few minutes ago the default login. Every user will get on the same Project, because we have getting an increase from google I think. Just saw that the quota is from 50.000 getting to 50.000.000 ! Big Grin
jdf76 did a request for the higher quota I think, maybe its due to him.

Please give me responce if this work proper. I'll get the Version to the Kodi-Repo as soon as possible.

Sorry for double post......... but i want you to suggest for future version to maintain the same folder like the addons on repo.
Looking inside your zip the plugins it's inside "plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.7" folder........if i install it over the 5.1.20.6 picked from repo i obtain a DOUBLE FOLDER for same plugins because the repo addons it's installed on "plugin.video.youtube".

Sorry Diabolik,
I know that issue. Didn't have it in mind while zipping the folder.

Ah ok.... i hope my report it's usefull Smile
Otherwise i modify myself the content of zip and i have installed on my Pi2....... apparently all working whitout problems whit random api keys active.... tomorrow i deselect the random and i put back my personal api it's in necessary Smile

Otherwise thanks... i try to install "Send to XBMC" tomorrow Smile
(2016-05-10, 20:05)awedor Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, my real question is this:
When I go to my playlists it only shows playlists I created myself, but not the playlists that I saved from other YouTubers. On the YouTube website you see both types of playlists.

I'm sorry but it seems like that getting the saved playlists is not implemented in the YouTube-API yet. So it's not possible to get this done in the App.
[Deleted]
(2016-05-11, 23:35)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]New version 5.2.0 is now updated on the repository as well as on Kolifanes Repo.

Please note

Kolifanes Repo will only be used so beta updates unless Kolifanes decided to delete this repo. I think he's been more than generous for letting us use the repo.

the Repository will be the official release point.

A big thanks goes to h0d3nt3uf3l for making all the updates with some addon's by others as noted in the changelog.txt.

If you notice any issues please let us know.

Thank you,
Jeff
You just confused me...Which repo is for stable only?
[deleted]
Quote:Since i'm feeling a little better health wise, getting sick twice sucks, i'm going to work on getting a PR to kodi's repo.

Thank you for all you do. I hope you will get better real soon.
Is anyone having trouble auto-upgrading from the repo let me know.

Jeff
(2016-05-12, 02:51)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone having trouble auto-upgrading from the repo let me know.

Jeff
Why did this auto-upgrade when the update button was greyed out?
It broke my personal keys. Can't use them anymore.
This totally broke the addon and had to reinstall and then only the default non-personal keys work.
This was a lousy update.
[don't know why i can't delete my own posts]
[don't know why i can't delete my own posts]
(2016-05-11, 21:43)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-10, 20:05)awedor Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, my real question is this:

I'm sorry but it seems like that getting the saved playlists is not implemented in the YouTube-API yet. So it's not possible to get this done in the App.

Ok, thanks for checking this out.
JMH, I followed your instructions and created the the three lines, but when I connect to kodi via the network I cant paste anything into the settings.xml. Do I need to save the lines in notepad or something?
Im not sure what device or OS you are using, maybe that is causing a problem?
Because normally you should be able to just edit and paste directly into settings.xml.

I use Notepad++ for this on windows because of its nicer presentation of code, but that is not essential, any method that allows you to edit should work.

Smile