Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-05-14, 21:30)Tymiboss Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, thanks a lot for taking on this add-on, this is a lifesaver for a lot of people I think !

Regarding "1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)", as the API have been broken for a while (see here for example), what would you think of adding an option to remove the video from the current playlist when watched ?

I am running a script similar to this service which basically emulates Watch Later in a "content deletable" playlist.

If this has been discussed previously, sorry I missed it Smile
Problem with that is that when you watch something & remove it from the playlist that script creates it just gets re-added after the next refresh because it doesn't remove the video from the actual watch later list.
(2016-05-15, 18:26)Steph09 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-14, 21:30)Tymiboss Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, thanks a lot for taking on this add-on, this is a lifesaver for a lot of people I think !

Regarding "1. Watch later list does NOT remove the actual video from the list (automated or otherwise)", as the API have been broken for a while (see here for example), what would you think of adding an option to remove the video from the current playlist when watched ?

I am running a script similar to this service which basically emulates Watch Later in a "content deletable" playlist.

If this has been discussed previously, sorry I missed it Smile
Problem with that is that when you watch something & remove it from the playlist that script creates it just gets re-added after the next refresh because it doesn't remove the video from the actual watch later list.

In that case it's more an issue with the service than with the add-on capability... this was just an example, I imagine you could find other services like this one out there.
(2016-05-15, 14:50)Cinder Wrote: [ -> ]I spoke too soon about the folders issue I had just recently.
It reoccurs again if I update the library in order to fetch new videos from my subscriptions.

Here's the summary:
1. I delete everything related to youtube addon.
2. I reinstall the addon and set it up.
3. I start the addon, it loads correctly and I do the setup wizard and do the 2x sign in via web browser.
4. The addon refreshes my subscription videos and everything correctly.
5. I got a notification on my phone that a new video was uploaded - I go to my computer with Kodi, then into the youtube addon and select "Update Library" (this has always worked before) - addon butts out of My Subscriptions folder and when I go back into it all I see is "..". Cannot get back into My Subscriptions without reinstalling addon.
6. Repeat from point 1.

Ok lets start by getting a debug (wiki) log and go from there.

Jeff
(2016-05-15, 22:22)Tymiboss Wrote: [ -> ]In that case it's more an issue with the service than with the add-on capability... this was just an example, I imagine you could find other services like this one out there.
Would be cool if we could.

I think its a bigger deal to me than others because of the way I used the watch later list. I subscribe to a lot of channels & tended to go through my subscriptions & add all the new stuff I was going to watch to the water later list to watch them when I had time, Then i'd just remove them as I watched them. My Watch later list tends to have 100+ things in it waiting to be watched over weekends or whenever I have time so its a bit of a pain to not be able to remove stuff as i have to try & remember what i've watched & remove them via the website later on.

Looks like the issue is more a google/youtube thing than an issue with this add-on so I guess we just have to wait for them to fix it in the API before it works again. Taking them a while though, If they even plan to fix it.
(2016-05-16, 00:51)Steph09 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-15, 22:22)Tymiboss Wrote: [ -> ]In that case it's more an issue with the service than with the add-on capability... this was just an example, I imagine you could find other services like this one out there.
Would be cool if we could.

I think its a bigger deal to me than others because of the way I used the watch later list. I subscribe to a lot of channels & tended to go through my subscriptions & add all the new stuff I was going to watch to the water later list to watch them when I had time, Then i'd just remove them as I watched them. My Watch later list tends to have 100+ things in it waiting to be watched over weekends or whenever I have time so its a bit of a pain to not be able to remove stuff as i have to try & remember what i've watched & remove them via the website later on.

Looks like the issue is more a google/youtube thing than an issue with this add-on so I guess we just have to wait for them to fix it in the API before it works again. Taking them a while though, If they even plan to fix it.

Sad part, reading from the API group, it's been broken a while. More than likely it's not a high priority with them. Unfortunately i don't know anyone at youtube to ask whats the hold up.

Do me a favor, See if you can do it via https://www.youtube.com/tv. If it does work for you i may want to sniff the web traffic and try it out myself, maybe it's something I can look into. I can't make any promises.If it doesn't work, then it would have to be scripted out.

Thanks
Jeff
For a given channel, currently it seems there are only "Playlists" showing up, along with individual videos.

Is it possible to add "Videos" folder so that, it can display :

a) Uploads (view=0)
b) Live Streams (view=2)
c) Liked Videos (view=15)
d) Posted Videos (view=54)
e) All Videos (view=57)

This is a key component missing at the moment and I am not sure if this was ever supported.

Taking BT Sport channel as an example

https://www.youtube.com/user/BTSportOffi...id&view=57 (All Videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/BTSportOffi...rid&view=2 (Live Streams)

etc
(2016-05-16, 04:39)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Sad part, reading from the API group, it's been broken a while. More than likely it's not a high priority with them. Unfortunately i don't know anyone at youtube to ask whats the hold up.

Do me a favor, See if you can do it via https://www.youtube.com/tv. If it does work for you i may want to sniff the web traffic and try it out myself, maybe it's something I can look into. I can't make any promises.If it doesn't work, then it would have to be scripted out.

Thanks
Jeff
The TV version doesn't seem to have any way to add/remove anything to the watch later list or any other playlist for that matter. Its the same as the console apps.

As I said looks like we have to wait for Google to fix it at there end since thats where the issue seems to be.
Am I right that in order to use this new version of YT add-on I need to add the repo from posting #1 to my Kodi installation? When will this version be uploaded to the official Kodi add-on repo? Thanks in advance!
(2016-05-14, 11:49)Cinder Wrote: [ -> ]I got it to work now, I went into AppData/Kodi and searched for everything containing "youtube" and deleted all folders and related files.
It may have been something to do with a stuck setting in a skin or something, because I couldn't see that I wasn't resetting the addon itself.

Got the same problem, did what you did but still not working...

Y only have these 4 folders:

My Subscriptions
Popular
Search
My Channel

I update from 5.1.17, get rid of everything youtube related on Kodi Roaming folder...

Still no luck.

Any guesses?
sounds like something hasn't authenticated right.

do a search for this folder

plugin.video.youtube and delete anything regarding it. What this should do it allow you to reinstall the plugin from scratch.

Jeff
(2016-05-16, 16:21)Chaosphere64 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right that in order to use this new version of YT add-on I need to add the repo from posting #1 to my Kodi installation? When will this version be uploaded to the official Kodi add-on repo? Thanks in advance!

No you don't need to install the repo to grab the latest version. You can download the zip file from the front page. We are working to get it put in the kodi repo.

Thanks
Jeff
Hello. I believe I have submitted a PR to the Kodi Repository. I hope... I copied it to helix, isengard, jarvis. I left it out of jarvis mainly thinking it's not ready for it yet. Some people have reported it works and some people have reported it's doesn't. Also with the big change in jarvis, i know h0d3nt3uf3l has been working on dash support for the youtube plugin.

l'll let you guys know what transpires with the Official Repo. I'm hoping i did it the way they wanted me to do it. "crosses fingers".

Thanks
Jeff
(2016-05-16, 21:37)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like something hasn't authenticated right.

do a search for this folder

plugin.video.youtube and delete anything regarding it. What this should do it allow you to reinstall the plugin from scratch.

Jeff

Thank you very much for your answer, but that I did a few times. Removing everything with the word youtube from appdata/roaming/kodi folder and reinstall. Still giving the same problem...
ok can you give me a debug (wiki) log and lets see what the log says.

Jeff
(2016-05-16, 22:07)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-16, 16:21)Chaosphere64 Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right that in order to use this new version of YT add-on I need to add the repo from posting #1 to my Kodi installation? When will this version be uploaded to the official Kodi add-on repo? Thanks in advance!

No you don't need to install the repo to grab the latest version. You can download the zip file from the front page. We are working to get it put in the kodi repo.

Thanks
Jeff

Thanks for clearing that up, the update from 5.1.17 worked just fine! Now if you successfully manage to get this version into the official repository, will users need to manually adapt their installation?