Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Starting today addon refuse to play anything.
Hi.
Havn't seen any notice here, but with the last update 5.3.7 "inputstream.adaptive" isn't available anymore. So YT play's only in 720p.
Going back to version 5.3.6 everything is fine in 1080p.
Kodi 17b6 LEalpha9 RaPi3

Nive Job anyway. Thx 4 support.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
(2016-12-20, 14:57)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 11:18)psion Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to add casting support to the addon "chromecast" or like with the other apps on TV's and Console apps where you link it to youtube with a code?

Honestly the developer for the plugin at the moment is working on other projects so i don't think it's going to happen any time soon. Do you know if any of the other plugins on here support that option?

jeff

If I understand correctly, he's asking if the add-on can be made to 'activate' similar to the way the ESPN3, NBC Sports, and Fox Sports Go add-ons work. Youtube does have a device activation page, so I'd imagine this could be done. It's just a matter of someone, who has the time and skills, getting the code worked out. I'm not sure, but I think this would alleviate the need for people to create their own API keys, which would be a bonus if I'm correct. That's a big 'if' though.
(2016-12-19, 23:58)high247 Wrote: [ -> ]My liked and dislike sections are not working I get a error. Everything else in the addon works fine. Any ideas?

its working again. must of been api issue
(2016-12-21, 00:35)Gothico Wrote: [ -> ]Havn't seen any notice here, but with the last update 5.3.7 "inputstream.adaptive" isn't available anymore. So YT play's only in 720p.
Kodi 17b6 LEalpha9 RaPi3

same here
(2016-12-21, 17:50)fux0r Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-21, 00:35)Gothico Wrote: [ -> ]Havn't seen any notice here, but with the last update 5.3.7 "inputstream.adaptive" isn't available anymore. So YT play's only in 720p.
Kodi 17b6 LEalpha9 RaPi3

same here

So it's pretty much anyone with LibreElec?

Jeff
Its also in windows too when updated 5.3.7 .In 5.3.7 , you cant enable or disabe the inputstream its always stay greyed out. My suspect addon cant see this as dash link so it tells kodi as normal link instead of inputstream link.
Hello

I make a addon and call the youtube plugin with this request in my python script :

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=$VIDEOID

But he dont Plays the video in fullsceen, i must first close the dialogmusicinfo and then the video has focus and is visible.....

Gives there anpther call , to have fullscreen ?

Thx
(2016-12-21, 22:12)alibaba011 Wrote: [ -> ]Its also in windows too when updated 5.3.7 .In 5.3.7 , you cant enable or disabe the inputstream its always stay greyed out. My suspect addon cant see this as dash link so it tells kodi as normal link instead of inputstream link.

What version of Kodi and windows are you using? I'm trying to duplicate this.

Jeff
I went ahead and rolled back to 5.3.6 in the repository because of the adaptive issue in the repository. I know there are a ton of people who use LibreElec so I thought it was the best way.

Thanks
Jeff
Hi all.

May be I'm not first but there is a problem with high CPU load after playing a video in your add-on Sad

There is the scenario:
1. Start Kodi.
2. Play nothing. System idle. Average temperature about 47-50 degrees.
3. Play YouTube video. Average temperature about 60-65 degrees.
4. Stop playback. After some time average temperature return to about 47-50 degrees.
5. After some time of idle average temperature rises to about 80 degrees and stays at this level constantly. And at same time I can see that Kodi process create heavy load to CPU.
6. Play YouTube video. Average temperature about 60-65 degrees.
7. Stop playback. After some time average temperature return to about 80 degrees.
8. Restart of Kodi makes thing normal.

P.S. OpenELEC at Orange Pi PC Plus
P.P.S. With usual playback of video files this kind of issue is not present.
(2016-12-23, 15:35)grymster Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all.

May be I'm not first but there is a problem with high CPU load after playing a video in your add-on Sad

There is the scenario:
1. Start Kodi.
4. Stop playback. After some time average temperature return to about 47-50 degrees.
5. After some time of idle average temperature rises to about 80 degrees and stays at this level constantly. And at same time I can see that Kodi process create heavy load to CPU.
7. Stop playback. After some time average temperature return to about 80 degrees.

Are you using a dash version?

try it w/o dash and see if it does that. go to your settings and turn Use Mpeg-Dash off

Jeff

There is the scenario:
1. Start Kodi.

I can't say for sure, but since installing YouTube 5.3.6 I have definitely noticed my media PC powered by an Intel i3 constantly overheating to the point of triggering a thermal alarm and shutting off. This did not happen previously. I'm running the latest LibreELEC 8.0 alpha with Inputsream Adaptive add-on.
(2016-12-23, 20:33)sabrex Wrote: [ -> ]

There is the scenario:
1. Start Kodi.

I can't say for sure, but since installing YouTube 5.3.6 I have definitely noticed my media PC powered by an Intel i3 constantly overheating to the point of triggering a thermal alarm and shutting off. This did not happen previously. I'm running the latest LibreELEC 8.0 alpha with Inputsream Adaptive add-on.

1. Try w/o Dash being on. if it doesn't do the same thing then give a debug log (wiki) while it's on to see what it's doing when it's idle.

Jeff
I'm still having no luck playing anything in Librelec x86 nightly. Youtube plugin is 5.3.6. Dash option is greyed out in the options. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. It is running fine on my Android install.

Debug log http://pastebin.com/VSHYA9k4