Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-29, 21:05)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Try this

delete this folder plus everything in it...

Will do...again. I just did this 6/11 (and previous other times). Not sure why, or perhaps there's a problem somewhere.
if it doesn't work then It's an issue with Krypton and since it's not even alpha yet, i think you should roll back to stable.
(2016-06-29, 21:05)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Try this

delete this folder plus everything in it...

Will do...again. I just did this 6/11 (and previous other times). Not sure why, or perhaps there's a problem somewhere.
Here's my guess of what's going on:
I think there is something over-writing the API Key or Client Id or Secret Key info.
OR
Something wrong with the Addon not writing the info in the file.
(2016-06-29, 22:08)snakyjake Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my guess of what's going on:
I think there is something over-writing the API Key or Client Id or Secret Key info.
OR
Something wrong with the Addon not writing the info in the file.

Is the API Key setup like this

Jeff
After digging it appears Krypton isn't processing the Activation calls correctly. Since this is an early test, alpha and completely new, we're working on it as well as the Dash support. For now anyone who has trouble with 17 should roll back to 16.1.

Thanks
Jeff
...and speaking of Krypton...

FYI: in your next update to the YT add-on, you may want to include a maintenance patch for Krypton-specific code... reason being - since PR:9351 was implemented - Changelog is no longer being displayed from the Addon Info dialog Sad.

Krypton-compatible add-ons should now be using the <news> tag in addon.xml for Changelog details. The changelog.txt file is no longer supported after PR:9351. This change is not backwards compatible, so add-ons that do not support the <news> tag will not be able to display any Changelog details in the latest Krypton builds.

HTH
thanks for the info. When we get some of these issues fixed for Krypton, we'll probably push out a new version, if it's a significant enough change, i'll put a PR to Kodi's repo.

Jeff
(2016-06-29, 22:30)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]After digging it appears Krypton isn't processing the Activation calls correctly. Since this is an early test, alpha and completely new, we're working on it as well as the Dash support. For now anyone who has trouble with 17 should roll back to 16.1.

Thanks
Jeff

It broke between Alpha 1 onwards.
Downgrade to Alpha 1 -> sign in -> upgrade to latest.
Sorted

(Repeat if ever need to sign in again)
Deleting files/folders/cache/resetting - doesn't fix problem

Just thought I'd clarity as posts above are a bit vague
(2016-06-27, 19:01)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 18:54)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]I have two possibly FEATURE REQUEST (but i don't know if already exist Smile :

1) There's exist a way for read the FULL DESCRIPTION of a video ? I have try to watch the video list as "Info Media" or "Info Media 2" and for some video it's no possibly to obtain full description. For example it's possibly to add this "feature" on context menu for a video or channel

You mean like this? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2359772

(2016-06-27, 18:54)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]2) It's possibly to obtain a feature for make a comment on a video when you use this addons stay logged in ?? I know now it's possibly to vote a video..... but no possibly to add a comments...

I don;t see why this isnt possible since there are python cmds that do this, at least i think. Its something we can look into.

Jeff

About full decription:
Yes and not.... i thinks i can try to enable this feature from confluence option....... but if we can add a feature to open/watch the full description in a most large windows whitout animation i thinks there's the best solution. Like when on PC you need to use the "Read Other" when a video have a long description..... at this point we can maintain the animation disabled (i thinks there's need some memory ram for obtain it's) but when it's need we can open the full description in a large windows and not in the small angle.
Sorry for my english... I am trying to explain as best as possible Smile

About comments:
Yeah.... it's stupid feature but if it's possible why not add ? Smile

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have an issue : i created a playlist on Youtube then i shared it with my childrens. To share it i had to change playlist setting from private to "unlisted".

So i can add video from my own google Youtube account and they can see, on the web on their own youtube coount, the new added videos.

But this shared playlist doesn't appair on Kodi Youtube addon.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

I'm on Kodi 14.2 and Kodi addon 5.2.2 (same issue on Windows or Openelec on two differents devices).
Can you share the playlist via an PN for me. just need a deeper look into it and the properties to give an exact answer. I think I know why its happened but I want to approve my thoughts.
i must say i was having problem with 5.2.2 version on kodi 17 on rpi but after downgrade to version from rep 5.2.1 all problems are gone

P.S
@jdf76
can't wait DASH support finally working on kodi since 2013
(2016-07-01, 21:43)Doktor-X Wrote: [ -> ]i must say i was having problem with 5.2.2 version on kodi 17 on rpi but after downgrade to version from rep 5.2.1 all problems are gone

P.S
@jdf76
can't wait DASH support finally working on kodi since 2013

Thanks for this hint, I'll have a look at it.
Hey,

Hope some kind soul may be able to help..

I've update from Kodi 14.2 to 16.1 on a mac (mini) & all seems well except for YT, it just keeps crashing kodi every time I try to open it.

Done usual removing data from both folders downgrade the plugin, upgraded the plugin, enabled debugging etc.. just nothing in the logs, no clues.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks