Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I'm having problems with Vevo videos tonight.
I tried the video you reported having the error.
because of its 'mature' nature, It probably fails on age validation giving you the error.
(2016-04-21, 04:03)OTinley Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I'm having problems with Vevo videos tonight.
I tried the video you reported having the error.
because of its 'mature' nature, It probably fails on age validation giving you the error.

I'll check this later. I tried it a few days ago but I never run in the age restriction-issue. Maybe I'll get it with this video.
I can't because here in germany the video is blocked because of the GEMA.... Fu

Because the Quota issue a short info. The Quota is based on the Project and not on the API-Key (You have to generate a Project which can use several API-Keys/ OAuth-IDs)
Sadly its not possible to change the API-Key into another in the same Project. So I have to do a few more coding to get the user the comfort of an automatically log-off and log-in with a new
API key. I think I give a checkbox in the Settings for this feature (automatic log off and on again).
(2016-04-19, 17:18)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]HI there, the Login error is due to either a bad key or issue.

To make this easy for you lets just purge your install and data directory.

ok go to the file manager under system. select profile directory

Then select addon_data

then highlight plugin.video.youtube

hit c for the context menu and select delete.

Once it's removed go out of the file manager.

go to settings and then add-ons.

Then select my addons

go to the video add-ons menu

select youtube and hit the context menu again.

click add-on information.

click uninstall.

once this is done, it should be gone, but if you absolutely want to be sure. exit out of kodi and then hunt down your kodi directory and then go to addons and if you see a plugin.video.youtube delete that folder.

Then go to Really long URL and get the latest and greatest file, if you still have issues, we will have to check out your log file to see whats up.

Thanks
jeff

Thanks, Jeff. That worked perfectly.
(2016-04-21, 11:26)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]I think I give a checkbox in the Settings for this feature (automatic log off and on again).
@h0d3nt3uf3l

Can you add a new button in the API Keys page called 'Set My Keys As Default'.
The current setup will erase my personal keys if I click on the 'Default' button and restore the public keys.
I want to take the troublesome over-shared public keys completely out of my config files.

If this is not possible for you to achieve, then how do I set it permanently in the config files so that 'Default' restores my personal keys.
Can anyone tell me why search within the plugin produces different results from search within the YT webpage?

Try yourself

on the webpage

"WWII Greatest Raids S01E01 Rangers Lead The Way"

produces a required video as the 1st link in a row while plugin does not even list the searched video at all (sorting by duration didn't help)

I can only get this video if I search playlists
according to the youtube lib on the plugin:

Returns a collection of search results that match the query parameters specified in the API request. By default,
a search result set identifies matching video, channel, and playlist resources, but you can also configure
queries to only retrieve a specific type of resource.
:param q:
:param search_type: acceptable values are: 'video' | 'channel' | 'playlist'
:param event_type: 'live', 'completed', 'upcoming'
:param page_token: can be ''

so it's probably the API thats returning different results. try www.youtube.com/tv and see if you get the same result?
(2016-04-22, 19:41)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]according to the youtube lib on the plugin:

Returns a collection of search results that match the query parameters specified in the API request. By default,
a search result set identifies matching video, channel, and playlist resources, but you can also configure

so it's probably the API thats returning different results. try www.youtube.com/tv and see if you get the same result?

Nope. Same as webpage. Proper video at the top of the list.
(2016-04-22, 15:54)*Spider* Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-21, 11:26)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: [ -> ]I think I give a checkbox in the Settings for this feature (automatic log off and on again).
@h0d3nt3uf3l

Can you add a new button in the API Keys page called 'Set My Keys As Default'.
The current setup will erase my personal keys if I click on the 'Default' button and restore the public keys.
I want to take the troublesome over-shared public keys completely out of my config files.

If this is not possible for you to achieve, then how do I set it permanently in the config files so that 'Default' restores my personal keys.

It is a very bad idea and is forbidden by the kodi submission rules for addons to modify contents within the addon folder.

To make manual changes, exit Kodi and make a backup copy of kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/settings.xml. After you make your backup copy, then edit settings.xml. Do not confuse this settings.xml file with the one found in the userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder.

The last entries in the 'master' settings.xml are what you change to your keys, these will be your 'default' keys. Be aware any changes you make will be overwritten on the next update. If you do not press the default button (with public keys as default), then your keys will be preserved on future updates because the addon will read your keys saved in userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml. Anyway, here's what you need to edit.

Code:
<!-- personal api key -->
    <category label="30200">
        <setting id="youtube.api.key" type="text" label="30201" default="EDIT HERE"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.id" type="text" label="30202" default="EDIT HERE"/>
        <setting id="youtube.api.secret" type="text" label="30203" default="EDIT HERE"/>
    </category>

Enjoy!
Thanks Misty01. You have saved me a lot of time from trying to figure this out on my own. I will configure this tonight and see how it goes.
Honestly i wish i could give you a better answer than I don't know on this. Unfortunately it's something that is going to have to be dug through. I'll throw it on the list of things to look at to see if we can figure it out. Right now though our focus is on the API issue.

Thank you!
Jeff

(2016-04-22, 23:48)versus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-22, 19:41)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]according to the youtube lib on the plugin:

Nope. Same as webpage. Proper video at the top of the list.
Nice going JDF, keep it up. I will closely follow the progress you and your team are making
A few days ago i switched to Jarvis and installed the new youtube plugin .

It worked , but it responds very slow. Is that normal ?

DonĀ“t matter what i do , abo, search et.c everything respond slow ( takes ca. 5-6 sec)
Maybe the google api response is that slow. Your description is the first in that way, so I don't have another idea. On which Hardware you've installed it?
Gentlemen, I am sending the json commands to youtube run a playlist, it asks the form of sorting by, I place, but then it does not load the playlist, time is hours saying ta charging and sometimes it simply returns as if I had canceled the operation and returns the code 200 (ok) requisition.

example:

http://192.168.0.106:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": { "item": {"file": "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_all&playlist=PL28A74EA0E8FDEFAA"}}, "id": 1

error: invalid credentials
Hey jdf76

Good to see someone taking this on

One question tho does the add on now play the 1080 version from YouTube, this is an old issue apparently
more info here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=202203

Mark