Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
on 5.4.5 unofficial the watch later option is missing, enabled in settings, no custom playlist used, but still missing from the main menu thanks
(2017-09-12, 08:22)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-11, 19:20)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Was caused by the same issue, a long standing issue that is just now showing itself and I underestimated the scope. Posted the new versions and jdf76 has the repo updated with 5.4.5 . Sorry for the quick succession of updates, should be resolved now.

Kodi Repository still showing latest version as 5.4.2.

Is there another Youtube repository I should be installing Youtube from?

I don't push to kodi's repo till i'm sure everything is working the way it's supposed to for about a week.

if you want early access
https://github.com/jdf76/repository

Is the repo that I maintain for people who want it before it goes to Kodi's Repo.

Jeff
(2017-09-12, 21:16)co5mo Wrote: [ -> ]on 5.4.5 unofficial the watch later option is missing, enabled in settings, no custom playlist used, but still missing from the main menu thanks

Did you give Watch Later a playlist ID?

Jeff
(2017-09-12, 22:01)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-12, 08:22)Jeffers24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-11, 19:20)anxdpanic Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Was caused by the same issue, a long standing issue that is just now showing itself and I underestimated the scope. Posted the new versions and jdf76 has the repo updated with 5.4.5 . Sorry for the quick succession of updates, should be resolved now.

Kodi Repository still showing latest version as 5.4.2.

Is there another Youtube repository I should be installing Youtube from?

I don't push to kodi's repo till i'm sure everything is working the way it's supposed to for about a week.

if you want early access
https://github.com/jdf76/repository

Is the repo that I maintain for people who want it before it goes to Kodi's Repo.

Jeff

Thanks JD

So is 5.4.2 the last one published to the Kodi Repository?
@co5mo: Watch Later and History no longer show unless a playlist id is set. You can set the Watch Later playlist id to WL to use the old behaviour.

@Jeffers24: Yes, 5.4.2 is the current official repository version.
@co5mo: For extra info and help:

Please see the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 of this thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2299963

* HOW TO USE THE CUSTOM WATCH LATER and CUSTOM HISTORY FEATURE
ok didn't need to use ID before for WL I will do now thanks

EDIT: can I have official watchlist synced with YT android app to Kodi?

EDIT2: used ID: ' WL ' and it is synced this should be added to the faq as you don't need 2 separate playlists
(2017-09-13, 17:51)co5mo Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT2: used ID: ' WL ' and it is synced this should be added to the faq as you don't need 2 separate playlists

Can you confirm however that you have full functionality? Not only sync but, add remove, etc, because this is exactly why the Custom Watch List and History function was added, because the lists couldn't be manipulated via the API.

The following is stated in the FAQ:

* The YouTube API no longer supports the full use of Watch Later and History preventing correct syncing and editing.
I'd like to push Youtube to Kodi repo, but i'd like a confirmation on some people running it.

I have OSX and Windows Tested. I need other OS's please.

Mainly Android, OSMC and LibreElec

Thanks
Jeff
(2017-09-16, 05:57)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to push Youtube to Kodi repo, but i'd like a confirmation on some people running it.

I've been using it with LibreELEC and it's been stable. I posted earlier about a limitation with the My Subscriptions (Filtered) folder, but I don't think it was introduced with this release.
Can someone please test the Android version?

Jeff
Hi everyone,
I recently had a problem with viewing my subscriptions in youtube. The problem was that nothing shows (it's a blank page), but when going to the Popular Now option, I get the list of videos with no problem. Also, going to my subscriptions individually works just fine. I'm also using my own API keys.
I tried updating the addons to the latest but now I have a new problem which is about the "Media View" not being available. Now there is no way to show the channel name, video date, description, and media info (resolution/audio) on any of the available views by just moving along the list of video. Is this something specific to this addon? Because in other addons I can still see the "Media View" option by going to the menu on the left side bar. If so, I would appreciate help in how to fix it.
Thank you.
Please see the following from the FAQ in Post #3 on Page #1 of this thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2299963

* WHY DO I NEED TO ACTIVATE THE YOUTUBE ADDON TWICE?

and

* WHY CAN'T I CHOOSE THE VIEW IN THE ADDON SETTINGS ANYMORE?
* WHY DO I ONLY HAVE 'LIST', 'BIG LIST' & 'THUMBNAIL' VIEWS AVAILABLE NOW?
* HOW CAN I SET THE 'MEDIA INFO' VIEW AGAIN?
pull Request sent to Kodi Repo

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/1414

Thanks
Jeff
Hey,
I want to translate your YouTube plugin into Hebrew.
Where can I get the strings.po and where to send the ready file?
Cheers,