Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
these are my instructions. please edit your post and remove this huge quote - it is unnecessary & only adds clutter to this thread.

as for your questions, they are mostly answered if you read the FAQ in Post #3 on Page 1 here.
Unnecessary quote removed from the post. #1968
(2017-02-07, 22:36)spigot666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 17:57)WeirdH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 04:26)gregfrankenstein Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to versus for the idea of manually editing video_info.py, because that totally did the trick. This is with the Krypton final release and no unofficial add-ons (well, except the YouTube repo). This will probably fix itself once the version is bumped later, so I'd like to thank jdf76 for fixing this, even if it hasn't rolled out entirely.

Manually editing breaks my Youtube addon, which still seems to be on 5.1.19. Any tips from anyone on how to upgrade, while still retaining my beloved 13.2 Gotham?

any specific reason youre holding on to such an old version? whats the benefit?

Well, talking about benefit: upgrading to newer versions has not brought any extra benefit for me personally since about XBMC Eden, so I eventually just stopped doing it. At Gotham I tuned my install to personal perfection, running an older version of Aeon Nox. Newer versions of the skin have removed some well liked functionality, so I stuck with what worked. Everything has been working to a T since 2014, with only the odd Youtube hiccup here and there. So if I can fix the Youtube issue with editing a few lines somewhere, I'd rather do just that than upgrade to a version that doesn't bring anything new and maybe even breaks some stuff I like.
(2017-02-07, 19:32)luciferus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 14:59)mikebeatrice Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-07, 14:43)luciferus Wrote: [ -> ]so you can play videos at 1080p with no additional plugins or players? just with youtube 538?
Yes... Enable dash and configure inputstream. Search this thread for exact/sample settings.
that's what i did but still only getting 720
you may be viewing videos that have their 1080p stream encoded in a way that can't currently be processed

Otherwise do a quick search of this thread for various options you can try to force a minimum bitrate
I'm getting weird behaviour. after a few seconds of playback, the screen flickers, and the audio cuts out, but comes right back. it looks like it's adjusting the resolution? or the audio output? has anyone else had this issue? This was happening pre 17.0 also.
(2017-02-08, 06:33)sherl0k Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting weird behaviour. after a few seconds of playback, the screen flickers, and the audio cuts out, but comes right back. it looks like it's adjusting the resolution? or the audio output? has anyone else had this issue? This was happening pre 17.0 also.
I think its a problem with dash.
The Video is reported with 30Hz, but the Stream comes with 29.9**Hz. So Kodi adjusts the refreshrate and your TV switches also.
Same here.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
Hey

Thanks for all the work guys I love this,
I have been having an issue that you will hopefully be able to help me resolve, my youtube kodi addon works with my normal connection but when i run it through my personal vpn it throws me the no stream available error,

I have noticed that when accessing youtube on my browser through any computer connected to my vpn I get prompted with a click captcha as "youtube has recieved a lot of connections from this ip" and I suspect this might be affecting the kodi youtube addon aswell,

Any help is much appreciated.
ok since it's obvious some people aren't getting the updates i decided to just make a 5.3.9 to match everyone to the latest code. There are no fixes or features added. It's just so everyone has the same thing. I'm not even pushing this to the kodi repo because it's like the only change i made is below. I'm not even updating the front page.

Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.3.9" provider-name="jdf76, bromix">

if the only change i made and if the people who are only use the kodi repo to install this plugin use 5.3.8, it's all the same stuff. It's the people who are using the youtube repo and installing the youtube plugin manually who should update. This way everyone is on the same page.

Jeff
(2017-02-02, 18:27)jchip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, new member to the forum.
I have just installed youtube and am trying to watch some 4k goodness on my new box. However, I am getting some stuttering and buffering.

Here is my setup:
S905X (2GB)
Youtube 5.3.8
InputStream 1.0.7.0
KODI 17.0 RC4 Jan 29, 2017
LibreELEC 7.90.beta4a 8.0

I have tied to modify my buffer:
buffermode = 1
cachemembuffersize = 278921216
readbufferfactor = 20

I speed tested my internet at 50mbps

youtube settings:
Always ask for video quality = on
Use dash = on

InputStream settings:
Min Bandwith = 10,000,000
Max Bandwith = 30,000,000
Max Resolution = auto
Stream Selection = Manual

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!!!

FYI, I upgraded to LibreElec 7.95 beta5 and installed on internal memory (I was on a usb before) and now 4K is streaming buffer free!
(2017-02-08, 16:59)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]ok since it's obvious some people aren't getting the updates i decided to just make a 5.3.9 to match everyone to the latest code. There are no fixes or features added. It's just so everyone has the same thing. I'm not even pushing this to the kodi repo because it's like the only change i made is below. I'm not even updating the front page.

Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.3.9" provider-name="jdf76, bromix">

if the only change i made and if the people who are only use the kodi repo to install this plugin use 5.3.8, it's all the same stuff. It's the people who are using the youtube repo and installing the youtube plugin manually who should update. This way everyone is on the same page.

Jeff

Great decision Smile In this mode all will be obtain the very last version Smile It's be pushed to kodi repo and in official repo ?
(2017-02-08, 19:43)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-02-08, 16:59)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]ok since it's obvious some people aren't getting the updates i decided to just make a 5.3.9 to match everyone to the latest code. There are no fixes or features added. It's just so everyone has the same thing. I'm not even pushing this to the kodi repo because it's like the only change i made is below. I'm not even updating the front page.

Code:

Jeff

Great decision Smile In this mode all will be obtain the very last version Smile It's be pushed to kodi repo and in official repo ?

I only put it on the youtube repo mainly because people who use the Kodi Repo only shouldn't have and any issues with versioning conflicts. Basically they have the 5.3.9 version, but i didn't add the version change so in a sense, the only difference is the 8 and 9. Otherwise code wise you wouldn't even notice it. This is also why i'm not updating the front page. I realized i should of changed the version number once we did the fix but I did not do this and i regret it now.

Jeff
Okay, updating wouldn't work because of 'dependencies not met', but when I went into Windows and manually transferred the unzipped github-folder to my addons, everything was a-ok. Needed to sign in again for the subscriptions, but nothing more.

So yeah, I'm now rocking youtube 5.3.9 on my XBMC 13.2 Gotham and all is well....! Big Grin
(2017-02-08, 22:03)WeirdH Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, updating wouldn't work because of 'dependencies not met', but when I went into Windows and manually transferred the unzipped github-folder to my addons, everything was a-ok. Needed to sign in again for the subscriptions, but nothing more.

So yeah, I'm now rocking youtube 5.3.9 on my XBMC 13.2 Gotham and all is well....! Big Grin

just an FYI it wouldn't install because you're running Gotham. Gotham doesn't support Dash, so you'll never get anything about 720p on your version of xbmc/Kodi.

I changed it so only Helix and above work, mainly because Kodi doesn't even support the older versions.

Jeff
i use jarvis 16.1, in youtube 5.4.1 on certain video still showing "no videos stream found" with out login nor with login in, i think its the given api key 0-5 did not pass the age restricted video, the old one youtube 5.3.x can play the age restricted video, please fix it so it can play the age restricted video. in browser it plays, thx
(2017-02-09, 02:45)daniel-ntl Wrote: [ -> ]i use jarvis 16.1, in youtube 5.4.1 on certain video still showing "no videos stream found" with out login nor with login in, i think its the given api key 0-5 did not pass the age restricted video, the old one youtube 5.3.x can play the age restricted video, please fix it so it can play the age restricted video. in browser it plays, thx

There is no 5.4.1 and the Age restrictions is based on your account. not the API keys.

Jeff