Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube Plug-in Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-13, 21:41)cappiel Wrote: [ -> ]Everything works great, except still having issues logging in through the app. I'm not receiving the first confirmation code pop-up. Does having 2-factor authentication turned on in google cause problems with the app?

The 2-factor authentication does not affect the login process for this addon. I have it enabled on my google account and I can confirm I have no problem logging through this addon.
I'll have a look at it. it's a good idea and a must have Feature in my eyes.

(2016-04-13, 19:49)mvrk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Is there any possibility to add an option to play all videos from a playlist?

The option is already there. Huh
You have the options of:
Reverse
Shuffle
Is there update file in ,apk version to load on Fire TV stick? I have been looking all over and cant find it.
(2016-04-14, 05:07)SIngidunum Wrote: [ -> ]Is there update file in ,apk version to load on Fire TV stick? I have been looking all over and cant find it.
This thread is not about a YouTube App for Android. This is a YouTube add-on for Kodi which runs on Windows, Android, etc.

Idok Fire
that's great news for people!
I was wondering if someone to maintain it.
Actually it's already there.

Click context on the playlist and hit play all.

It will ask you the order and then boom there you go.

Jeff

Since the uninstall routine is done through kodi and not through the addon i think you need to contact kodi about that.

I just checked through all the files and i see no mention of uninstall through out them.

(2016-04-13, 18:17)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Can the uninstall routine be made to remove the addon_data / plugin.video.youtube directory ?
(2016-04-14, 17:54)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Since the uninstall routine is done through kodi and not through the addon i think you need to contact kodi about that.

I just checked through all the files and i see no mention of uninstall through out them.

(2016-04-13, 18:17)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Can the uninstall routine be made to remove the addon_data / plugin.video.youtube directory ?

In that case, maybe a new install could be made to remove (or replace) the addon_data / plugin.video.youtube directory as part of it's install sequence.
It should not do that by default. Kodi users expect their settings to be saved when removing an addon.

Totally legit for a first-run wizard to clean out settings intelligently, though.
Sorry i don't think it would be a good idea to make those type of changes to the plugin. Honestly you should shoot a message over to the kodi devs, but honestly radolpho makes a good point, if it were in the plugin, it would break the upgrade path.

Jeff

(2016-04-14, 19:42)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-14, 17:54)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Since the uninstall routine is done through kodi and not through the addon i think you need to contact kodi about that.

In that case, maybe a new install could be made to remove (or replace) the addon_data / plugin.video.youtube directory as part of it's install sequence.
(2016-04-13, 17:28)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Will every automatic update from the repository require a log out and log in ? I am still using 5.1.19 and haven't seen the "exceeded quota" message since I installed it.

I was on 5.1.20.5 as a logged in user. Then I installed the new repository and updated to 5.1.20.6 through it. Afterwards I was still logged in.

I requested this feature a couple months ago - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258014

Not sure if there's been any action on it, but might be worthwhile for others to give it a bump so it stays on the radar
Hey, I used the YouTube Kodi plug-in to watch videos from my watch later list. Everything worked fine until the day before yesterday. When I start the plugin I can only see the folders "My subscriptions", "Search" and "Subscriptions". I found out I am using an outdated version of the plug-in (5.1.17) and found the latest version (5.1.20.6) in this thread. I unsintalled my old version, deleted the youtube plug-in folder with the file manager like it was mentioned in another post in this thread and installed the new version via your repository. But that didn't solve my problem. It's even worse. Before I was able to see my subscriptions. Now, when I open the "My Subscriptions" folder, there is nothing. I read something about logging out and in again. But how? I don't have the option in the plug-in. All settings are default and all folders are activated. Even "Sign In" and "Sign Out", but they are not visible. I tried activating the setup wizard, but this doesn't give me an log-in.

Do I have to enter my own API-Key or something? Anything else I can try?
Actually it's some what a lil more complicated. The simple gist is logging out i have found doesn't delete all the tokens.

totally reset your plug-in
Code:
ok go to the file manager under system. select profile directory

Then select addon_data

then highlight plugin.video.youtube

hit c for the context menu and select delete.

Once it's removed go out of the file manager.

go to settings and then add-ons.

Then select my addons

go to the video add-ons menu

select youtube and hit the context menu again.

click add-on information.

click uninstall.

once this is done, it should be gone, but if you absolutely want to be sure. exit out of kodi and then hunt down your kodi directory and then go to addons and if you see a plugin.video.youtube delete that folder.

Let me know if you have issues still.

(2016-04-15, 02:23)Kincaid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I used the YouTube Kodi plug-in to watch videos from my watch later list. Everything worked fine until the day before yesterday. When I start the plugin I can only see the folders "My subscriptions", "Search" and "Subscriptions". I found out I am using an outdated version of the plug-in (5.1.17) and found the latest version (5.1.20.6) in this thread. I unsintalled my old version, deleted the youtube plug-in folder with the file manager like it was mentioned in another post in this thread and installed the new version via your repository. But that didn't solve my problem. It's even worse. Before I was able to see my subscriptions. Now, when I open the "My Subscriptions" folder, there is nothing. I read something about logging out and in again. But how? I don't have the option in the plug-in. All settings are default and all folders are activated. Even "Sign In" and "Sign Out", but they are not visible. I tried activating the setup wizard, but this doesn't give me an log-in.

Do I have to enter my own API-Key or something? Anything else I can try?