Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, but it's related to the PIL module.

Code:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/roy/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/plugin.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.plugin_utils import *
                                              File "/home/roy/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/plugin_utils.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.utils import gotopath
                                              File "/home/roy/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/utils.py", line 25, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.image import *
                                              File "/home/roy/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/image.py", line 11, in <module>
                                                from PIL import ImageFilter,Image,ImageOps
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL/ImageFilter.py", line 23, in <module>
                                                import numpy
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line 168, in <module>
                                                from . import ma
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/ma/__init__.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                from . import core
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/ma/core.py", line 1238, in <module>
                                                add = _MaskedBinaryOperation(umath.add)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/ma/core.py", line 1001, in __init__
                                                super(_MaskedBinaryOperation, self).__init__(mbfunc)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/ma/core.py", line 893, in __init__
                                                self.__doc__ = ufunc.__doc__
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/core/_internal.py", line 726, in _ufunc_doc_signature_formatter
                                                in_args = ', '.join('x{}'.format(i+1) for i in range(ufunc.nin))
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

For @haicaoboi87 it was related to Inkscape.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2859742
(2019-07-01, 09:52)syfluqs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-01, 09:43)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Try disabling background bluring. The PIL component doesn't work at your side (it's a Kodi core module)

@haicaoboi87 

Sounds like he is having the same issue you had with your Arch Linux. Maybe you can assist him.

background blur (settings > interface settings > configure skin > Blue background images) is already disabled 
OK, so I disabled 'show fan art in background' and no more errors

I also checked up on haicaoboi87's issue and I had the same docstring error, I downgraded numpy on my machine to <1.16, and that was fixed, but on subsequent runs the NoneType not callable error popped up.
i guess there is some bug in kodi's internal python interpreter and it messes up with numpy package in some way
All I can say is -> happy package bug hunting Smile 

You should def. open a issue at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues 
All addons or modules that have PIL as dependency will be affected.
i can confirm exactly package in linux break embuary helper is python numpy like found out by @syfluqs
now i switch from fedora gnome to opensuse kde, after install many packages i have so much problem with kodi, but seems fix almost issues
Hello, at first, thank you very much for the quality of your skin, it's very appreciated.

I just wanted to point out that with the latest version, 18.7.12, when the skin "dim" for screen saver, it remains "stuck" in dim state.

I am under Windows 10 and Kodi 18.2.

If I can help...

Thank you!
That's an Kodi Leia issue. I've reported it a 3/4 year ago but it's not fixed yet. I'm mostly facing it with multi monitor setups. Just reload the skin via sidebar or disable the dim screensaver completely.
(2019-07-08, 21:44)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's an Kodi Leia issue
Ah, good to know. I noticed it a couple of times on my dual-monitor setup and thought it was a glitch on my computer.
@Karellen 

I've opened it nearly 1 year ago when you guys were still using trac Smile
https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/18013

Feel free to ping the correct persons.
Nobody checks TRAC anymore. Are you able to transfer over to the Issues section on Github?
Yeah, it was before GitHub. I'll when I face the issue again.
(2019-07-08, 21:44)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's an Kodi Leia issue. I've reported it a 3/4 year ago but it's not fixed yet. I'm mostly facing it with multi monitor setups. Just reload the skin via sidebar or disable the dim screensaver completely.
Sorry for the mistake, I never noticed this before the last update, but I confirm that I was in multi screen when it happened, thank you for the info!
in opensuse, to make embuary run without embuary.helper error, you must install python-Pillow package.You can find it here: https://software.opensuse.org/package/python-Pillow. if you use ommand "pip install pillow" it unused
Thanks for the heads-up
(2019-07-12, 12:34)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the heads-up

nothing. your skin works great in my 55" tv Tongue
Love the skin, thanks!

I am using it with PlexKodiConnect. I just have two minor considerations for you. Have you thought about giving the option for Poster view of movies to open up the information screen for a movie rather than automatically playing it when selected? Also, maybe an option to reside the list items in list view? The posters/text on the list view are really tiny IMO.

Again, thanks! Love using this setup as a replacement for the official Plex app on Android TV.