Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi sualfred, its strange, when i use filter-string option, i can find the film i want, but when i use the global search (in top right) it show nothing. im using plexkodiconnect and choose direct path cause plex server and kodi client is one
Hi

I started using this skin a while ago and I totally love it! I just have 2 questions about it.

1. Im using the "show info" as default action on click which just look awesome with just the plot showing, compared to the bigger extented info screen (provided by TMDB) with cast and all. I do however miss a button for playing trailers in that view, right now I only have play and close to choose from. Is there someway to get a trailer button added there?

2. Right now that plot info shows whenever I choose a movie/tvshow episode, is there someway to change that to only show when chosing a movie? When playing an episode it should just play straight away.

Would it be possible to add a widget view type (Along with the existing ones) for the main menu like the Disney + banner ?

I’d love to see it implemented

Many thanks for this fantastic skin
(2020-06-05, 13:48)haicaoboi87 Wrote: [ -> ]hi sualfred, its strange, when i use filter-string option, i can find the film i want, but when i use the global search (in top right) it show nothing. im using plexkodiconnect and choose direct path cause plex server and kodi client is one
nevermind, its a bug in kodi 18 for ubuntu (maybe other distro?). today i upgrade my system (kodi too) and solved
Hello.
I have a problem and I hope anyone can help to me.
When I click on the update collection menu it does not enter the update menu of my library. I can only update videos (for example) from the quick menu on the left side. I have rebooted the device and updated Kodi to the latest version but it keeps happening.
(2020-07-30, 23:33)cgc22 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.
I have a problem and I hope anyone can help to me.
When I click on the update collection menu it does not enter the update menu of my library. I can only update videos (for example) from the quick menu on the left side. I have rebooted the device and updated Kodi to the latest version but it keeps happening.

Sorry,it was a confusion. Delete message

After a lot of XML reading/editing and playing around I managed to add a few functions into my own personal set up for this fantastic skin - major props to the original designer Sualfred for creating it in the first place.

I have zero python experience and everything I did was via trial and error so hopefully it will inspire others to give things a go

Just found Embuary and it's transformed my experience of Kodi. From my reading I can see that many features require a connection to an Emby server or at least require a "local database".
I'm hooked up to a NAS so am I wasting my time trying get the "Continue watching" widget on the homepage to work?

Many thanks to the skin's creator.
Hi @sualfred,

Recently, Jellyfin released a folk of EmbyCon's plugin, Jellycon.

I was wondering, given that this is direct folk from EmbyCon, if it would be possible to add support for it in Embuary? The plugin works, but nothing is automatically documented, and I can't get "Next UP", "Lastest movies", etc. to be displayed on the home page either.

As the platform becomes more and more popular, that would be really appreciated.

Is this possible for you?

Thank you and good day!
Has anyone gotten this working on Kodi 19?
(2020-08-04, 10:56)sasquatchjaques Wrote: [ -> ]After a lot of XML reading/editing and playing around I managed to add a few functions into my own personal set up for this fantastic skin - major props to the original designer Sualfred for creating it in the first place.

I have zero python experience and everything I did was via trial and error so hopefully it will inspire others to give things a go

Are you willing to share your mods? Please
(2020-08-20, 02:33)LupinSansei Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone gotten this working on Kodi 19?

Yes you need to download it on your device outside of Kodi and edit the add-on.xml file and change xbmc version 1 higher I can't remember what version it is at the mo

But if it's 5.13.0 then you need to change it to 5.14.0 etc
(2020-08-20, 21:20)popeye2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-20, 02:33)LupinSansei Wrote: [ -> ]ThanksHas anyone gotten this working on Kodi 19?

Yes you need to download it on your device outside of Kodi and edit the add-on.xml file and change xbmc version 1 higher I can't remember what version it is at the mo

But if it's 5.13.0 then you need to change it to 5.14.0 etc
Thanks!
Hi sualfred,

I'm having a small issue with the Embuary skin related to updating music artwork.  I'm running Kodi 18.8 on an Intel NUC with Windows 8.1 (64-bit) basically just for music.  When I add or update music artwork, with the previous version of Kodi, I was able to bring up the Context Menu on an album, select "Choose Art," and refresh the artwork that way.  With Kodi 18.8, that Context Menu item is gone.  According to the Official Kodi Wiki, you now need to bring up the Context Menu, select Information, and then on the Information screen you can select Refresh or Choose Art:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Update_Music_Libr...resh_Album

Unfortunately, when I try to bring up the Information screen on an album in Embuary, I get a pop-up that says "No Information Available."  When I switch skins to Estuary, I am able to open the Information screen for the album (a screen that looks similar to the artist Information screen).

Could this be fixed in Embuary?  I understand that you're working on an updated version of the Embuary skin that I believe will coincide with Kodi 19, so I understand if I'll have to wait until then.

Thanks!
Sorry for the delay in replying !!

I’ve actually abandoned the large banner mod and testing a different style of widget at the moment - if I get it to work I’ll gladly share if you want it

I’m in two minds to progress further or to wait and see what changes are made in V2 of the skin which is in development by the original skin designer (I just don’t know how far along he is with it)

(2020-08-20, 21:18)popeye2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-04, 10:56)sasquatchjaques Wrote: [ -> ]After a lot of XML reading/editing and playing around I managed to add a few functions into my own personal set up for this fantastic skin - major props to the original designer Sualfred for creating it in the first place.

Are you willing to share your mods? Please