Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-11-13, 21:30)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Not a skin issue. As far as I know the simple client isn't even support recordings so it doesn't seems to be official. I suggest you to head over to the PVR section.

after typing i thought as much .. i changed skin and the folder is still there.. ill head over to your suggestion. its not that simple is doing the recording, i am using an addon for that.. but im hopping like in tvheadend if i get the recordings into the correct folder they will be accessible from the guide. Thanks for your help as usual
I could not find any possibility to rate episodes or movies. I searched context menus and information...Did I overlook something ?

Also, it would be great if one could chose to have the user- rating popup menu open when one has finished an episode or a movie, just like the trakt addon.

I used trakt in the past but do not need it anymore. The only thing I miss is this rating popup...
This skin is mainly designes for Emby usage and because of this I haven't added support for own user ratings.
(2019-11-19, 16:48)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]This skin is mainly designes for Emby usage and because of this I haven't added support for own user ratings.

Yes, I know. I do not use emby, but "unfortunately" embuary is my preferred skin by a large margin (I have tried many skins before) and I have just found a handful of things that I am missing Smile Anyway, If you have a chance and could put it in, I would be very happy, if not, I'll check if I can at least implement the context menu or a keyboard shortcut on my own...
In Emby we hijack the user ratings for proper Rotten Tomatoes ratings Wink That's the main reason why haven't added support for it. So if there is a user rating it will display it.

Edit:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=264729
(2019-11-19, 18:48)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]In Emby we hijack the user ratings for proper Rotten Tomatoes ratings Wink That's the main reason why haven't added support for it. So if there is a user rating it will display it.

Edit:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=264729

I know this add-on, unfortunately it does not seem to work, or at least I cannot get it to work Smile

Regarding Rotten Tomatoes...I want my own ratings for future reference and also because I am a huge database nerd (I built a quite elaborate PHP front end for the kodi database on mysql and it's fun for me to look at my ratings in various statistical settings - I know, to each his or her own Cool ). Overall it's no big deal since I can do the rating from my PHP frontend, but I really liked the trakt.tv popup directly after having watched an episode or movie...
That's something a addon needs to do.
New to this skin so I'll take a look at past posts throughout the day.

Just installed, looks good.

I don't use emby, just kodi. Will this be an issue with this skin or can I still use it without emby?

One issue I've found... Live TV. Is there away of changing the hub for it? Submenus etc....

TV channels
TV guide
Search TV guide
Recordings 'I want to change this'
Timers ' and this'
Timer rules 'this too'

I'm sure there will other bits I need answering but as I said, I'll go through past posts incase they have been answered.

Oh I've got one lol. The picture at the top for TV shows, movies, music etc.. I see that the skin must populate this box with what's in my library.

I'm a groahic designer and I like to create my own artwork for these boxes. Anyone know what size artwork it would need to be? 600x200?
The skin works 100% with a native Kodi setup.

The PVR hub is static.

280x158 (16:9)
Hi,

Afther your last update of your addons there is a problem with the PVR client.
If I switch to an other channel and go back to Kodi, the screen stays dimmed until I select another screen example the config screen, then the screen goes bright again. This also happens when the screen saver has kicked in and I go back to to watch a movie or listen to music.
This wasn't happening yesterday, and the only add-ons that have been automatically updated today when this happend are the Ambuary add-ons.

I use kodi with the LibreELEC distro.

Thanks for your help!
Not skin related. The dimming issue is a known and not fixed bug since Leia with the screensaver. It happens randomly and not very often.
(2019-12-01, 20:04)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Not skin related. The dimming issue is a known and not fixed bug since Leia with the screensaver. It happens randomly and not very often.

The problem is fixed by rebooting my Raspberry Pi.
It was not a problem with the skin, but a problem by updating the skin that some dependencies have got messed up. A reboot has fixed it.

Thanks
not to be a Scrooge, but...

is there any way to disable the snow and the Xmas selection widgets? the wife said yes to the config wizards and now i'm in Xmas hell.
nvm, found it way down at the bottom of the general/appearance section. ahhhhhh. i mean BAAAH!
Hi Sualfred,

Can you tell me the aspect ratios of the category pictures on the homescreen and or size?

I want to use Hulu based images but seems to be cropped and not sure which size to use in Photoshop..

Thanks.