Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently switched to Embuary. I'm getting used to it - I run the Emby server for the kids to have remote access, but have always used Kodi locally. I like it, but I've got two very annoying issues and I'm not sure how to resolve them.

1) It seems to have lots all the watched flags when I switched from my previous skin. I realize that these are in a DB somewhere and shouldn't be skin dependent, so this is very strange.

2) I'm getting duplicates of darn near every TV show and movie listing. I am not getting duplicates when I get down to the episode listing. No, they are not showing duplicated directly in Emby. Note: I'm going to "My Media | All TV Shows | All TV Shows" to get this listing. There is no duplicate of that directly in the Emby web interface, so I cannot see if it's happening that way directly in emby.
The attached image shows 4 TV shows, all of which are listed twice. It's kinda blurry so here's what it says:
Star Trek: Discovery           39 Episodes 3 Seasons
Star Trek: Discovery           39 Episodes 3 Seasons
Star Trek: Enterprise          98 Episodes 4 Seasons
Star Trek: Enterprise          97 Episodes 4 Seasons
Star Trek: TNG                  182 Episodes 8 Seasons
Star Trek: Picard                2 Episodes 1 Seasons
Star Trek: Picard                4 Episodes 1 Seasons
Star Trek: TNG                  179 Episodes 7 Seasons
Star Trek: Voyager            175 Episodes 8 Seasons

For Discovery, it's got the same episode & season count.
For Enterprise, they show 1 episode difference but the same season count.
For TNG, it shows before & after Picard with 3 episodes and 1 season missing
for Picard, it shows a difference of 2 episodes.

No, it's not just Star Trek, it happens EVERYWHERE including the home screen where it shows me duplicates of the "Newest Movies". Every one of them is shown twice.
I've logged into Emby from Kodi with my same user ID that I use in Emby. It does seem to be keeping the watched flags sync'd between the two accounts

What log info might you need to see in order to determine why this is happening (and what's the best way to get it)? I'd like to avoid recreating the library if I can since it will wipe all my watched flags, not just most of them.
embuary has nothing to do with a emby sync. resync your libary. something is messed up.
(2020-02-22, 21:14)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]embuary has nothing to do with a emby sync. resync your libary. something is messed up.
I want sure where to go to resync my library, but I discovered that I had "emby" listed as a video source twice. I deleted one and now I'm down to a single listing of shows and movies. Unfortunately, I seem to have deleted the "good" one because it was showing me TV show loadings that were missing episodes and seasons.

Poking around in the settings, I've managed to completely reset the whole config and I don't have the "all movies" & "all TV" widgets at the top, I've lost the "continue playing" and "new..." widgets, etc.

I tried going thru the "run setup wizard" and that didn't help at all.

I was going to remove the skin and start from scratch when I discovered that I have 3 copies of the "emby" plugin installed (all v 0.14), and none of them will uninstall. They all say that "emby" depends on it, so it won't uninstall.

I've managed to get this so mangled that I think a complete uninstall /reinstall is my best bet, but I don't even seem to be able to get that accomplished. What's the right order to remove all the skin pieces and connections to my emby server so I can start over?
I ended up uninstalling "Emby" everything and starting over. I'm basically back to where I was before with duplicates of most everything. 

Since this was a clean install a second time around and I've still got duplicates, something's not right. I fully understand and accept that it's not a skin issue, but I could use some advice. Where, exactly, do I go to resync the library to Emby, and where/what thread should I go to for support on this syncing issue?
The addon itself has options for it. Just open the addon and you see a lot of options. One is called "Manage library"

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/
Hi everyone! to use
I want to use embuary as a skin for my side project. But I would like to know if it's possible to use the IPTV plugin as a source for TV shows and movies libraries ?
Rather than using emby/plex, I would like to access my media from an IPTV service which means that Embuary won't use emby as a backend.
The skin doesn't require any Plex/Emby at all. It's just a skin and nothing else.
But IPTV as source for shows and movies doesn't sound legal. I do not give any support to banned or illegal streaming addons. Noone does here. Just for your notice.
(2020-02-25, 07:18)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]The addon itself has options for it. Just open the addon and you see a lot of options. One is called "Manage library"

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Actually, I just had to think through it for a day or two. I added the Emby library as a media source, but hadn't deleted my original TV & Movie sources. Therefore, (almost) everything was duplicated. It seems that somehow, Kodi wasn't fully picking up all my movies/shows.

Thanks for your patience...
Once again, great skin and love using it on Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019. Widgets look awesome and very functional.

I have a quick question regarding the widget limit. What is the default limit set for widgets? Is there any way to change it? I like to leave a lot of movies not completely watched and that has overpopulated (and slowed down) the "Continue Watching" widget. How do I limit the number of items I want to show in this particular (or any other) widget?
25 is the limit. You can decrease the amount in the skin settings, but not increase the limit.

"Continue Watching" is not limited by anything. It can be 10000 items. Just reset your watched position.
(2020-02-25, 19:35)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Just reset your watched position.

How do I do this? Thanks.
Context menu -> Restet position.

Or mark the item watched and then unwatched.
(2020-02-25, 21:22)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Context menu -> Restet position.

Thank you. I remember seeing that option in Kodi on my previous streaming box. I don't see it anymore on Kodi 18.5 installed on Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019. Is there any option I need to enable in the Kodi settings, or do I need any addon to be able to reset position?
It's only visible for local media. If you have Emby with the addon playback method configured it's not shown.
(2020-02-26, 19:34)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]It's only visible for local media. If you have Emby with the addon playback method configured it's not shown.
I have my media on google drive and use the strm method to add it to the Kodi library. Previously when I saw it, my setup was exactly the same. Anyhow, I will spend some more time tonight on it and will try to figure it out.

Is there any way I can change the "continue watching" widget limit to 25 - by editing any of the xml(?)