Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fantastic skin, Kudos "sualfred" ...loads of fun using it on Leia Beta 2.

I've ran into an issue with movie information dialogue. I have the skin widget 'because you watched...' in my movies section and works great. But when I go to the information screen of a library item say for a movie, the 'more like this...' section seems to be drawing from the same source as the widget. Could be code in the infodialog/extended info integration to the skin?

I've attached some images for illustration...
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjLrauIo92yxmKNyuQ7AvOlaWeRbhw - Because I watched 'Spotlight'
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjLrauIo92yxmKNwfR0-nhSi30ACHw - Movie Information screen for the film ' Next Karate Kid'
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjLrauIo92yxmKNxJd_Yhg-HiiCagg - Movie Information screen for the film 'Inherent Vice'

As you can see the more like this/similar movies are identical for all items … is this something that can be fixed in the skin, or is it a tweak needed for the extended info add-on to draw from TMDB?
@Starmanrf
Can you please try this version of a dependency?
-> https://github.com/sualfred/sualfreds-re...1.0.38.zip
Installed, and it has slightly sorted the issue. The movie information dialog is no longer the same as the widget.

But, the movie information dialog loads the 'more like this....' films from the first item I view, then when I close, and open an info for another movie the recommendations dont reload and generate new items for the new title and just displays the previously loaded items.

I have been loading and testing other skins, perhaps this is causing some conflict on the dependencies... So don't dig too deep to this just yet... I'm going to do a clean install with just your skin as it's by far the best and only one I want to use for my emby service.

I'll reply later on once I've done this and see if the behaviour changes. Cheers
The reloading takes a couple of secs. Works on my end.
I see the commit about moving uninstall was pushed but it hasn't actually moved

Nevermind just checked git again it wasn't pushed lol
Hiya,

I just did a fresh install, and everything works as expected once I installed the update for the service widget dependency you gave me yesterday.

I'm experiencing some lag on the loading times, about 15 to 20 seconds compared to your couple of secs ... I've put my own API keys for Tmbd, fanart and omdb so not sure what could be causing the delay. I can live with it.

Thanks for your help mate
If you performed a fresh install it's probably related to not cached artworks for example. Should get better after a while.
Just to chime in:
It takes 8-11 seconds for me to load "more like this" on the first entry.
When opening the info screen a second time and after the poster artwork has been cached, it's more or less instant. It takes maybe a second, two seconds tops.

Is there a way to speed up the loading of the items on the first entry without manually opening the information screen on every movie in the library and waiting for X seconds? (I've put my own API keys in as well)

Also, where is it getting the info/artwork/related movies from?
Not possible. This is compeletly handled by the skin helper widget. And yes... it's slow sometimes but I have no other option. I already created my own plugin to get the cast, because it was incredible slow with it.
Ahhh, that's a shame. I wish there'd be a way to tap into Emby's "more like this" and return those results (through their add-on or something).
Oh well, thanks for the explanation Smile
For EmbyCon I already do this.
You guys have me triggered. I'll build a own Embuary helper script to speed this one up. This will take a while..  my Python isn't the best but a local test is already working.
Bless, please don't go to too much trouble, as it works, just slowere until the cache and that's fine for me. It's really good of you to look at the issue so thanks very much... top man!!

Assuming the kodi setup is on a system where disk space isn't an issue ...could the artwork downloader add-on be a workaround for fresh installs with no cached files?

Also, I'm using the new version of the emby add-on from the beta repository, and it may be worth a post on their forum, as the stable version had an option to cache all artwork...took a bit time for my library but was a handy feature I can't seem to find on the new setup.. maybe worth picking angelblue brains about it if you've got your mind set on implementing something similar into the skin. Food for thought Smile
The new addon still has this option. During the initial scan you are going to be asked if you want to enable artwork caching.
Ah I remember saying yes to it, I wasn't sure it if actively did it in the background or whether is was cached on accessing media.

Interestingly, I just installed the context menu for extended info script and when I open an item the load time is virtually Instant, the only caveat is that tmdb recommendations for similar items features movies not in the library. Not to mention it isn't half as pretty or convenient as the embuary implementation.. do t know if looking at that angle may help as I don't know too much about skinning or porting.... Happy to test anything for you though so just shout if you need