Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-03-26, 10:30)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Skin is now also available on the Kodi repo.
The most recent development builds will still be released on my private and Emby repo.

@bry 
Are you happy now? Wink
yes Big Grin
Hi,

Someone runs embuary skin on rpi3 ?
Last time I tried (more than one year ago), it was quite slow, especially with widgets.
For example, when navigating back from movies menu to main home, widgets (last added, random movies...) were refreshed and so redrawing. 
When using Estuary, it's ok. (because it's using default widget I guess)

So I'd like to know the best way to configure embuary (and/or emby) to have the smooter experience.
Is it better to use emby for kodi (use native kodi libray) vs embycon (add-on access) for skin performance ?
Or the guilty one is skin.helper.service.widgets (or script.skinshorcuts) and the way they manages widget ?

Thanks
Just heard from users that it runs quite well on small s905 and rpi3 devices and also on the fTV stick gen1. Especially since I moved to my own helper script.
The skin helper services - that are included in other skins - are making everything slow on such devices. I don't use them at all so feel free to give it a try and deactive these unrequired addons in the skin settings of Embuary (under addons & dependencies). I've added an extra option for it.

Edit:
The gui will be faster with Emby for Kodi. EmbyCon is slower in walking through your Emby db.
(2019-04-04, 10:30)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Just heard from users that it runs quite well on small s905 and rpi3 devices and also on the fTV stick gen1. Especially since I moved to my own helper script.
The skin helper services - that are included in other skins - are making everything slow on such devices. I don't use them at all so feel free to give it a try and deactive these unrequired addons in the skin settings of Embuary (under addons & dependencies). I've added an extra option for it.

Edit:
The gui will be faster with Emby for Kodi. EmbyCon is slower in walking through your Emby db.
Thanks for your answer, and your hard work !
It's time for me to migrate from MySql to Emby... and after many years of confluence/estuary usage, I have to choose another skin that will both match my customization needs, ease of use, waf and devices performance.
I'll give embuary a try on my rpi as soon as possible (for now, i'm testing on my windows laptop)

Just a quick question on "Home videos & photos" library.
I found it on videos add-on, and it uses a folder navigation as I expected.
But is there a way to display a simple fodler icon (instead of the picture of the first video in folder) ?
This node is completely delivered and handled by the addon. As far as I remember this is a unwanted behaviour. Totally forgot about that. We will look into it. A video should not be listed in a folder if it's not in a folder.

Edit:
No bug, it's a 1:1 return of the Emby server.
(2019-04-04, 10:54)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]A video should not be listed in a folder if it's not in a folder.

maybe I wasn't clear enough (or my english is not ^^)
In my "home videos & pictures" library, I have 4 folders and many video files in each.
When I navigate through my home videos library, I see 4 folders (as expected) but the icon of these folders are the pictures of the first video file of each folder.
For exemple, "\HomeVideos\Familly" folder icon is the picture of "\HomeVideos\Familly\01-Familly.mkv".
I guess it would be better to have a default folder icon, to understand that it's a folder and not a video.
Emby returns these icons. As you might have noticed I don't use default icons at all in the skin. If there is a artwork available provided by Emby this is going to be used. You can use the common list view for this node. It has a "Folder" note for these items on the right side.

Edit:
But you can simply change the icon on the server to whatever you want of these folders.
(2019-04-04, 11:29)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]But you can simply change the icon on the server to whatever you want of these folders.

oh really ?
I'll try it, even if changing all icons on emby side every time I'll change skins/theme car be fastidious.
but thanks for the nice workarounds anyway!

EDIT: send you little donation to buy a day or two of diapers Wink
Should change that line. She is diaper-free since almost a year now Tongue Thanks.
Ok so loving the new custom hub any chance of adding more? Or can I add more?

Thanks
Nope. This custom hub required tons of hardcoded new lines. I just made one to please the most users, sorry.
(2019-04-04, 13:28)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. This custom hub required tons of hardcoded new lines. I just made one to please the most users, sorry.

Gutted
Hi sualfred! I have found your script.embuary.helper very helpful to provide a list of the cast in the video views (I think it's the best option available), so I decided to use it in my skin Aeon Tajo.

Thanks for providing it through the official repo!
Np, glad to hear that I can help others too.
Hi @sualfred I am not sure if you use an HDHomerun Prime for live tv. They don't have a standard image for their TV program names so it looks a bit odd when displayed. 

screenshot and original photo from the hdhomerun to add to explanation.

https://imgur.com/a/6y7GkqQ

I was wondering if you could adjust the padding/spacing to fit the hdhr provided image better as it looks odd to me. maybe a toggle for hdhr tv tuner as to not change for everyone? 

thanks for considering - congrats on getting into repo Smile