Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Changed.
And I also removed the tracknumbers from the musicplaylist.
Beautiful! Smile
Excellent work .. couple of questions:
- Random background is active even inside TV-Shows or Movies. Is there a chance that the background changes to the actual Movie/TV-Show highlighted?
- Any chance to enable video chapters instead or additional to bookmarks?
The background fanart is only randomized outside of the library view and will represent the focused/active item once you enter a lib.

In Kodi chapters are bookmarks the same. If you item has one, you will see chapters plus you have the option to add custom bookmarks next to it.
Just so I understand, this means than if I highlight (just putting the cursor on it) something in "Continue Watching","Next Up","Latest Movies" or "Latest TVShows" I'll see a random background .. right?
If I go to the Movies library and highlight a movie (just putting the cursor on it) it's also showing a random poster .. is this intended?
The only time where I see the correspondent background is if I go to "Information" within a movie or tv-show.

About the chapters, you were right I can see them but the thumbs are empty. Should I do something special to populate the thumbs of each chapter?

Thanks again.
Kodi will generate the chapter thumbs on the fly and extracts them from the local file.

The backgrounds will also represent the active/focused item in database views.
Got it .. then something seems to be wrong (for background and for chapters). I'll look into it.
Thanks.
Do you use Emby or a local DB with direct/local network access to your files?
I'm using the Emby plugin.
With Emby you will also see chapter thumbnails if you are using the native playback method or if you are running the beta version with addon playback locally available server so the addon can "see" the real paths.
There seems to be a little bug in the film section for some widgets. Lets take an example for the "Newest Movies" section. Assuming we have 25 new films, and you watch for example the 4th film, not only this film will disappear from the widget but also all the ones coming after this one. So only the first 3 films are displayed. The "Genre" widget seems to be handled the same way. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
That's not skin related. A log might be helpful.
(2019-03-14, 19:31)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]native

@sualfred I'm using 4.0.12a with addon playback but can't see the chapters thumbs. What do you mean bye "locally available server"? .. I'm using a Nvidia Shield in the same LAN as the media server.
You have to disable "Force HTTP Playback", if it's enabled. 
And your media has to be accessable via smb/nfs. Don't forget the Emby server path substitution settings for your libraries.
(2019-03-15, 23:13)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's not skin related. A log might be helpful.
 I've made some tests. The "Latest movies" section (which is in fact the same as "recently added movies" in the original skin) seem to have some problems when the library lies in a MySQL database, it works with local library. It will only show movies till the one movie already watched, the subsequent movies are not displayed. Nevertheless it works with the the original skin, so it seems to be skin related.