Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, because the skin helper solution is expensive and often delivers wrong results. Just use good EPG sources or make your own with webgrab++ . That's the correct approach.
Hi love this skin

However I can't use it as it jumps and stutters on the home screen of the Nvidia shield

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks
Only one: Get rid of Android as Kodi OS. 
Even if the Shield is a powerful - and the one and only useful Android STB - it's still Android. I wish I could give you a better answer.
ok fair enough do you support mrmc?
Wrong question. It has to be "Does MrMC support the same GUI engine version and Python scripts as Kodi Kryption or Leia?" -> No.

Sorry again.
Guess Im Gonna have to buy a second pc lol
(2018-08-05, 20:19)popeye2468 Wrote: [ -> ]Guess Im Gonna have to buy a second pc lol
Just buy a cheap S9xx box for about $50-60 and run Libre/CoreElec off it
I have a Odroid C2 in my sleeping room and the skin isn't very fast on it. I don't think this is going to be a improvment.
It's actually super quick on my U9 it's faster with Leia than it is with Krypton, hubs open and load a lot faster
Hi

I've tested Embuary on a RPi3 B+ with Librelec #803. It looks great, however it is quite buggy with lots of crashes and reboots.

My question: How can I uninstall Embuary and switch to the standard skin Estuary againHuh What I did sofar:
  • I tried to change the skin back to Estuary via the regular Kodi settings: Crash (same for change to Nox Skin)
  • I tried to deactivate the skin via the addons: Not possible, no preference in place
  • I tried to delete the skin in the Libreelec file structure Userdata/addon_data: It re-installs on its own
Did I overlook anything, a special preference in Embuary? How can I switch back to EstuaryHuh

Thanks for your help!
Forgot to mention: I am using Kodi Leia Alpha with LibreELEC 9 #803
I bet it's not the skin that is causing the crashing. Delete the guisettings.xml from /userdata/ to revert back to all GUI default settings and Estuary.
(2018-08-06, 11:03)kosmonaut_75 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I've tested Embuary on a RPi3 B+ with Librelec #803. It looks great, however it is quite buggy with lots of crashes and reboots.

My question: How can I uninstall Embuary and switch to the standard skin Estuary againHuh What I did sofar:
  • I tried to change the skin back to Estuary via the regular Kodi settings: Crash (same for change to Nox Skin)
  • I tried to deactivate the skin via the addons: Not possible, no preference in place
  • I tried to delete the skin in the Libreelec file structure Userdata/addon_data: It re-installs on its own
Did I overlook anything, a special preference in Embuary? How can I switch back to EstuaryHuh

Thanks for your help! 
 open guisettings.xml, look up for
 <setting id="lookandfeel.skin"></setting>

than replayce "skin.embuary"(or whatever it is between the >< ), and replace it with with skin.esturay.
this way you didnt need to setup every gui setting.
I'have a shield and the skin is very smooth and clean.
I use Leia alpha 3  
If they are too much app in background kodi slow down so don't forget to close the other app to have better experience. 

Maybe someday a shield with at least 6 mo Ram...
Hi there great skin! I have sort of a different library in my NAS not running any media server. Now I tried to create links in the movie section e.g. to my uhd stuff (via video library - sources). But whenever I click on that link in the menu I'm not taken to the selected folder directly but instead to the skinshortcuts folder and I have to select the shortcut I have assigned to the menu entry. It's one more button to press and kind of defeats the purpose of a shortcut not being taken to the cestindesti but instead one step before that.

Am I missing something or can you give me advice? Besides that it's great.