Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thansk.

That's out of my control. Just change the default action in the Kodi settings to "show information" to change this behaviour. That will work in the most cases.

Text/icons won't be increased.
Hey guys,

Quick question. I am using this skin with Emby for Kodi and I need a bit of guidance on fixing a small problem.

https://imgur.com/v6Z4WA7

As you can see, Westworld is in "next up" twice. This is because I have Westworld in 1080p and in 4K. They are in separate libraries. In Emby, I can set certain libraries to not appear in Next Up or Continue watching.

Can I do that on this skin? I also have a 4K movies library and I would like for it to not show up on the same widget as the 1080P movies.

How can I go about having the dashboard on this skin look exactly like it does in Emby where each library has its own widget on the homepage?

For reference, this is how Emby looks on my media server:

https://gyazo.com/285fb4feed35fba563dc2a09cc25360d

In the meantime, I suppose ill have to create custom playlists for what I want, but seeing as this skin has native support for Emby nodes, I just figured I would ask.
Not possible. Kodi uses ONE library, but Emby supports multiple one. The nextup widget is handling all shows. Just disable the widget and use the fake library nodes I've implemented. They have their own next up widget that is filtered to get a similar experience like in Emby.

Edit:
What you can do is creating 2 different custom widgets and use them instead. 
Just make 1:1 copy of these examples but replace the name-of-your-XYZ-library stuff. Keep '""'.

Code:

plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getnextup&tag='"name-of-your-1080p-library"'
Code:

plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getnextup&tag='"name-of-your-4k-library"'
(2019-07-13, 15:27)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Not possible. Kodi uses ONE library, but Emby supports multiple one. The nextup widget is handling all shows. Just disable the widget and use the fake library nodes I've implemented. They have their own next up widget that is filtered to get a similar experience like in Emby.

Edit:
What you can do is creating 2 different custom widgets and use them instead.
Just make 1:1 copy of these examples but replace the name-of-your-XYZ-library stuff. Keep '""'.

Code:

plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getnextup&tag='"name-of-your-1080p-library"'
Code:

plugin://script.embuary.helper/?info=getnextup&tag='"name-of-your-4k-library"'

Ah, where are these "fake nodes"? When I tried to create custom widgets, my options were limited to choosing libraries, playlists or favorites basically. 

I do appreciate the guidance, thank you for responding.
If you use Emby for Kodi they are automatically populated on the first start. If not, reset your main menu.
I figured it out Smile Everything is good now
(2019-06-22, 16:18)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]should not be possible. can you enable debug in the embuary helper and provide me a debug log please?

here is the log

https://paste.kodi.tv/mivunaruto

problem i have is that when showing newest movies, some movies appear double in the row?
The only possible scenario is that you have the movie twice. Different version or different library. If both is not the case -> Reset your database in the emby addon.

If you have different versions you need the addon playback with emby. If you have different libraries with the same movie (eg 1080p Movies, 4k Movies), then I only can suggest you to remove the "new movies" widget and set two different custom widgets that are pointing to your unqiue library.
(2019-07-19, 13:26)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]The only possible scenario is that you have the movie twice. Different version or different library. If both is not the case -> Reset your database in the emby addon.

If you have different versions you need the addon playback with emby. If you have different libraries with the same movie (eg 1080p Movies, 4k Movies), then I only can suggest you to remove the "new movies" widget and set two different custom widgets that are pointing to your unqiue library.

yeah
i think i have 2 libraries

for ex
i have a movie which is 4k , lets call it x-movie

i have a library that shows all my 4k movies (so it contains the X-movie)
but then i have a library that shows all my movies, so that x-movie is in it again

this works when i view my movie in emby throught the browser
but using your skin, it shows double
So to explain more

On my server i have the movie only once
Movie X in a folder "4k movies"

However i made following libraries in emby server
- 4k movies
- 3d movies
- kids movies
- all movies

the movie -x should be visible in de 4k movies and in all movies libraries..

movie - y could be a kids 4k movie
so it needs to be visible in the 4k movies, kids movies and all movies
That's not supported by Kodi, Emby for Kodi and only unofficially in Emby. Luke (the main dev of Emby) mentioned a few times that items should not be in multiple libraries.
(2019-07-19, 14:05)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's not supported by Kodi, Emby for Kodi and only unofficially in Emby. Luke (the main dev of Emby) mentioned a few times that items should not be in multiple libraries.

honestly never had problems with it until with your skin

if i remove all movies

then how do i make the movie appear in different sections?
It's doubled because it's synced to the DB twice. That's not skin related.

Just get rid of this structure and all problems are solved.

Or live without the "all movies" node and use custom widgets. But keep in mind that this is only a cosmetic workaround. Sync issues because of the duplicated items can still happen.
(2019-07-19, 14:41)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]It's doubled because it's synced to the DB twice. That's not skin related.

Just get rid of this structure and all problems are solved.

Or live without the "all movies" node and use custom wigets. But keep in kind that this is only a cosmetic workaround. Sync issues because of the duplicated items can still happen.

ok
will try to get rid of structure

any proposals?

My server has following folder/subfolders

Movies
  4k movies
  3d movies
  bluray movies
  kids 3d movies
  kids 4k movies
  kids bluray movies

in emby server i setup following libraries
- 4k movies (pointing to 4k + kids 4k movies)
- 3d movies (pointing to 3d + kids 3d movies)
- kids movies (pointing to kids 3d+ kids bluray + kids 4k)
- all movies (pointing to all 6 folders)
- Use the multi version feature for duplicated stuff:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wik...ion-movies

- Get rid of the "all movies" library in Emby, or if you really want it, don't sync it to Kodi.