Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, I don't think so - you should ask latts...
@latts9923 
You are the expert here :-)

If have a question to the music player view setting, what is shown during playing music on the screen.
@Nickerw showed me the how, how to hold the info view during whole playing time (see posts before).

I saw a lot of settings in the furniture settings.

Question:
Can I assemble my own view, what to show on information during playing music?
E.g.
Cover-Art + Title/Song + Duration + Artist with Artist-Logo + Bio of Artist or album information?
(2022-05-16, 12:48)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Skin helper error
You can get the latest versions of Skin Helper (v1.1.43) and Cherrypy (v12.0.2) on Marcelveldt's repo.

I'm running LibreELEC, 10.02 on Generic x86_64 which has Kodi 19.4 and I just wanted to report that for some reason this addon did not refresh automatically even when I did forced search for updates.  I ended up going to this link and grabbing the latest version of the Skin Helper service addon which fixed the error I was seeing in my logs and the message to check the logs.  Not sure what could be causing that issue to happen but it has me  wondering if there may be other addons that aren't updating as they should causing issues for people so I wanted to mention it here in case this helps anyone else.

The version I had was 1.1.40 before I manually installed the update to take it to 1.1.43.
@Bladerunner1962 You can make some adjustments concerning the elements that are displayed on the various Layouts using the menus but certainly not all the elements you listed. I personally use Layout 7, which I have manually customized, when listening to music. It is not that hard to edit the MusicVisualization.xml file to remove specific elements in whatever Layout(s) you want to use. Sometimes it is a bit difficult finding the right elements in the file due to the strange labeling but you can usually figure it out. I do remove several elements from Layout 7 that I don't want to see on the screen, like the channels indication as one example. Just be aware that you have to edit the file whenever a new version of the Mod is released if that version includes an updated MusicVisualization.xml file. I use DiffMerge which makes it pretty simple.
@wags1 
Thanks for the information. I will "play around" next days in the settings, what is possible or not.
You named the "MusicVisualization.xml". I thought until now, that "MusicVisualization" in Kodi belongs to apps, which shows "Lightshows" during music playing.
I don't see so far any "MusicVisualization.xml" in my Kodi installation. Do I have to create on by myself or is it "hidden" between the Kodi (Android in my case) data?
Is your Layout 7 based on a edited "MusicVisualization.xml" or can I select in the Layouts, what to show?
(2022-09-09, 17:11)bornagainpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-16, 12:48)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Skin helper error
You can get the latest versions of Skin Helper (v1.1.43) and Cherrypy (v12.0.2) on Marcelveldt's repo.

I'm running LibreELEC, 10.02 on Generic x86_64 which has Kodi 19.4 and I just wanted to report that for some reason this addon did not refresh automatically even when I did forced search for updates.  I ended up going to this link and grabbing the latest version of the Skin Helper service addon which fixed the error I was seeing in my logs and the message to check the logs.  Not sure what could be causing that issue to happen but it has me  wondering if there may be other addons that aren't updating as they should causing issues for people so I wanted to mention it here in case this helps anyone else.

The version I had was 1.1.40 before I manually installed the update to take it to 1.1.43.
Hello, I have already 1.1.43 installed, but I get always errors shown within the skin.
(2022-09-09, 14:10)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@andrzejls
Sorry, I should have been more specific. While viewing Movies from the Right List view, change your "CASE ART" setting to "CHARACTER ART POSTER" and check artist and add-on thumbnails.
@latts9923. I am in 1.0.2.4 version. I changed  in "VIEW OPTIONS/CHANGE VIEW" CASE-ART to "CHARACTER ART/POSTER". In the INFORMATION Screen for the Movie selecting "CHOOSE ART" I can see both "POSTER" and "THUMBNAIL" pictures. I cannot find "check artist" nor "add-on thumbnails". Those settings might be in 1.0.2.6 version, I do not know.

Update.
I just noticed that when I changed in "Movies" Right View CASE ART to CHARACTER ART/POSTER in "VIEW OPTION/CHANGE VIEW" top menu, then in TV_Shows Right View and Kodiflix for the episodes there is no thumbnail. When change back to Poster in in CASE ART then thumbnails are visible.
(2022-09-08, 13:30)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]Just a small thing. In the Kodiflix TV view, TV Art Layout. Only the 'charcterart' image shows, if you have characterart1,  characterart2 etc they don't appear. Is there another setting I need to tweak?

Thanks
I've looked at 'choose art' in Information and there are characterart1, 2, 3 etc images selected, but the view is just showing 'characterart'.
@Bladerunner1962
You can't create your own view for Music Viz, but there are a lot of options available in the Music Viz settings to alter the content of the currently available views.

@andrzejls
OK...that's the result I expected using Character Art Poster. I'm going to take a different approach to the poster code. Let me work on it, and if you don't mind I'll get you to test it for me.

@Chalklands
I can look at adjusting the KodiFlix TV code to display multiple characterart images like the Right List view.
(2022-09-10, 02:24)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ] 

@andrzejls
OK...that's the result I expected using Character Art Poster. I'm going to take a different approach to the poster code. Let me work on it, and if you don't mind I'll get you to test it for me.

@latts9923, I will be more than happy to help you in any way, shape or form to improve this great skin. Just let me know what you need.
@Bladerunner1962 kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq8.matrix.mod/xml...honestly if you don't know where the xml files are you prolly shouldn't edit it...
@latts9923  Movies, for the most part, work fine for me. The only issue i notice in movies is with "Genres" which are also showing as the generic missing artwork icon, which use the poster view. I use wall art as my default view. I've tried switching to the "right list view" and changed VIEWOPTIONS/CHANGE VIEW>CASE ART to Character poster art as well and there's no obvious changes for me. My issue still remains primarily in the music section with album artwork in wall art view and the library nodes (poster view) artwork missing.
(2022-09-10, 02:24)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Bladerunner1962
You can't create your own view for Music Viz, but there are a lot of options available in the Music Viz settings to alter the content of the currently available views.

@andrzejls

@Chalklands
I can look at adjusting the KodiFlix TV code to display multiple characterart images like the Right List view.
Great. Thank you.
@andrzejls
@Shredder_guitar
Please try this update for the poster code. After copying the file into the skin, remember to either close/open KODI again, or switch to a different skin and switch back to MQ 8 to source the updated file. Everything is working with "CHARACTER ART POSTER" selected on my end.
(2022-09-11, 14:06)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@andrzejls
@Shredder_guitar
Please try this update for the poster code. After copying the file into the skin, remember to either close/open KODI again, or switch to a different skin and switch back to MQ 8 to source the updated file. Everything is working with "CHARACTER ART POSTER" selected on my end.
@latts9923
I updated to 1.0.2.6  using zip file then shutdown Kodi and replaced IncludeVariables.xml with the latest one (version 5) that you provided. Looks like everything is working. I also noticed that Kodi is much more "snappy" than before. For instance "TV SHOWS" sub-menu "TV GUIDE" starts up the guide inside 2 seconds. Previously it would take 5+ seconds, "MOVIES" and "TV SHOWS" open up almost instantaneously and there is no buffering (previous version would buffer for 1-2 seconds) when starting 15+GB 4K Movie or 8+GB TV SHOW episode. Great job, now I will update 4 remaining Kodi installs. Thanks.
BTW, forced views addition is working and is awesome!