Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning
I see Nexus 20.1 has been released. Not sure if that will fix the crashing issues? Has anybody tried it?
Hey, thanks for the Update.

Kodi Matrix with Skin update v1.0.3.6

The logos still don´t work properly in kodi matrix music layouts. 
They are only diyplayed in layout 2.
In music list, they are displayed.

Matrix layout 3
Matrix layout 3/2
Matrix music list
Matrix layout 2

Kodi Nexus 20.1 with skin update v1.0.0.2

Before the update, all worked perfectly for me. All my logos were displayed in every music layout.
After the update, the logos only displayed in music layout 4. My favourite layout 3 an all other layouts don´t display the logos again.
Nexus music layout 4

greetings
sorry for the mess with the pictures 🫣
@Lammoth Their is a separate thread for Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus
@Lammoth I do get the artist logos in music Layout 7. I'll test some of the other music Layouts when I get a chance and post.

Update - Tested the rest of the music Layouts (excluding Karaoke) and could not reproduce the issue. I did notice that the artist logos used in music Layout 1 - 3 are different and they are single logo only. Starting with music Layout 4 they cycle thru artist logos (if multiple are available) and they are a different type of logo then what is used in music Layout 1 - 3. I tested with both local music and streaming music (Pandora using the Pandoki addon).

What platform are you running on?
(2023-03-13, 11:52)Chalklands Wrote: [ -> ]Morning
I see Nexus 20.1 has been released. Not sure if that will fix the crashing issues? Has anybody tried it?
@Chalklands Thanks for the pointer. Will test on one of my Shields when I get a chance and report over in the Aeon MQ 8 for Nexus thread.
@Lammoth
You're welcome!

@Lammoth
@wags1
I'll take a look at the logo code again for the music layouts.
@wags1
I‘m on android (Zidoo z1000 pro)
(2023-03-15, 07:50)Lammoth Wrote: [ -> ]@wags1
I‘m on android (Zidoo z1000 pro)

So Android. Strange as I don't see that issue on either of my Shields. Did you look thru your log to see if anything stands out? What version of MetaDataUtils are you running? Also, are you grabbing data from TheAudioDB (IIRC that setting is in MetaDataUtils) and are you in the US?
@wags1

my metadatautils version is 1.20.1 
Settings for metadatautils? where i can find it?
I can't find anything in the log.
no, i´m not in the US. I´m in europe/germany. 

greetings
@Lammoth That doesn’t sound right. Metadatautils is the Metadata and Artwork Module. Their are several ways to check the version and configure it. If you are using this skin then click Settings, System, Add-ons, Manage Dependencies, and scroll thru and click on Metadata and Artwork Module. The version should be 1.0.50. If you click on Configure you can configure the various parameters and enter the appropriate API keys. You can get API keys for most of the backend databases for free.
@wags1

Sorry, it was a mistake. of course is the version 1.0.50 (the version 1.20.1 is on nexus).
I have found the settings, thanks. 
​​​​​​Now the logos also run in layout 3. But only if the corresponding logos are available on fanart.tv. I created most of the logos for the bands in my library by myself and they are located locally in the artist folder on my NAS. These logos are only displayed in layout 1,2 and 4. In my favorite layout 3 and the other layouts, they don't show up. Confused
@Lammoth (you should really move this discussion over to the MQ 8 for Nexus thread) I’m really not sure how the logic works concerning whether it picks local or remote artwork for the different music Layouts. Maybe @latts9923 will be able to help with that.
@wags1
I'm right in this thread. I use two versions of Kodi (Matrix and Nexus). the error is the same on both versions.
@Lammoth
I was able to reproduce the problem with layout 3 not displaying the local logo. The fix will be included in the next update.