Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Thanks for the great mod! Long time user and lurker of this thread. I noticed recently the weather widget in the menu seems to be overlapping the temperatures (with all numbers?). Making it unreadable. However, if I go in the weather menu everything seems fine. not sure if this broke last update or some other way? I only noticed it recently, in the last month or so. Anyhow hoping for some help with this, and curious to see if I am the only one with this issue?

I also noticed the version reporting on the settings menu. Seems to update the date of update, but not the version number. As I seem stuck on 1.0.0.9 from October 7, 2023.

Anyhow, thanks again, any help would be appreciated! I am using nexus if that helps at all.

@Karny
You're welcome!

I introduced a bug to the mini weather when I added the ability to display low temperatures when using the NOAA weather add-on. I have a fix that will be in the next update. 1.0.0.9 is the current version of the mod.
@latts9923 Thank you! You Rock!

I apologize about putting this in the wrong thread (matrix instead of nexus) and you are right about the version, my bad.
@Karny
You're welcome! No worries...I don't have the ability to move it.
UPDATE #44 - This will update the skin to v1.0.4.4

Image Addition
  • I added the following studios to the Colored and White Studio Icons...6th and Idaho, 7Flix, 7HD, 7mate HD, 7th Art Releasing, 9Gem HD, 9Go!, 9HD, 9Life, 9Rush, 10 Bold, 10 Peach, 10 shake, 24 25 Films, 87Eleven, 777 Films Corporation, 1111 MediaWorks, AbbottVision, ABC (Au), ABC AU, ABC Classics, ABC Comedy, ABC Jazz, ABC ME, ABC Me2, ABC Me3, ABC News 24, ABC Pictures International, ABC Pictures, ABC TV Plus, Acorn TV, Acorn, AcornTV, Ad Vitam Production, Adler Entertainment, AFI, Aftermath Entertainment, Aftermath, AFTRS, Agamemnon Films, Agat Films & Cie, AGBO, Agencia Nacional do Cinema (ANCINE), Agência Nacional do Cinema (ANCINE), AI-Film, alfa matrix, Alfama Films, alfred hitchcock productions, alfred j. hitchcock productions, All 4, Almeida Theatre, Alter Ego Pictures, Amazon Freevee, AMBI Group, AMC+, américa, Amicus Productions, Amusement Park Films, ANCINE, Anova Pictures, Archangel Studios, Ariztical Entertainment, Ariztical, Armory Films, ARTE GEIE, Artebis Entertainment, Artébis Entertainment, Artemis Productions, Artémis Productions, Artsploitation Films, Aspect Ratio Films, Aspect Ratio, Asta Film, Astillero Films, Asymmetrical Productions, Atomic Monster, Atresmedia, ATRESplayer Premium, Attraction Images, Audience, Avante Filmes. These images are provided by the user lynxstrike. I will continue to merge icons alphabetically as time permits.

Image Bug fixes
  • In the Video Info screen, Music Videos were displaying the title twice if "SHOW TITLE ON TOP AS:" was set to "LOGO". Thanks to martinsvision for reporting the bug!
  • The mini weather was displaying overlapped high and low temperatures if you were not using the NOAA weather add-on. The low temperatures will now only display if you have the NOAA weather add-on enabled. Thanks to martinsvision for reporting the bug!

ImageMaintenance
  • I replaced the TVDB rating/votes info for Trakt rating/votes info in the Video Info screen due to the fact that the TVDB ratings are no longer being updated. Thanks to MB1968 for the request!

There is also an update to the Colored and White Studio Icons add-ons available in my repo.
@latts9923

I use a Vero V as my Kodi box.  Its linux based so there are some quirks as opposed to a windows machine.  I'm having issues with the mpaa flags.  It's stuck on "Tous Publicos" for every movie unless its not rated.  Then the "NR" flag shows properly.  On the info screen the detailed mpaa works properly.  This is just when scrolling through movies.  Any ideas?

Ugh.  Meant to post this in the Nexus thread but I solved it anyway.  I use Tiny Media Manager for scraping and it pulls multiple certifiactions/mpaa ratings and this seems to cause an issue in Nexus.  Worked fine in Matrix.  Nexus seems to be much more unforgiving for things like this

UPDATE #45 - This will update the skin to v1.0.4.5

Image Addition
  • I added the following add-ons to be required by the skin to prevent them from showing as "ORPHANED"...Artwork Helper, Image Resource Select Addon, Skin Helper Service ColorPicker, and Grab Fanart script. Thanks to martinsvision for the request!
UPDATE #46 - This will update the skin to v1.0.4.6*

Image Addition
  • I added two radiobuttons to SKIN SETTINGS > MAIN MENU..."WIDGETS - DISCART" and "WIDGETS - CLEARART/CLEARLOGO". They are both enabled by default. Thanks to Farnsen for the request!

*This update will require a skin reset for new settings to be forced to settings.xml. To keep from losing your current settings, make sure you export your skin settings (SKIN SETTINGS > RESTORE SETTINGS > EXPORT SKIN SETTINGS) before you install the update. After installing the update you will need to reset the skin and then import the latest settings export.
Hello!
And happy new year Smile
I've tried 3 times to update to 1.0.4.6 from 1.0.4.4 and each time I reset the skin and try to restore the backed up settings it doesn't work.
Nothing gets restored.
Let me know if you need more info from my end.
@vdb86
Howdy...and Happy New Year!

There will be a fix for this in the next update. For now, open SkinSettings.xml and find "31623". Change the line below that to this...

xml:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.skinbackup)</onclick>

You should now be able to select your backup file and restore your settings. Thanks for letting me know!
(2024-01-01, 23:44)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@vdb86
Howdy...and Happy New Year!

There will be a fix for this in the next update. For now, open SkinSettings.xml and find "31623". Change the line below that to this...

xml:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.skinbackup)</onclick>

You should now be able to select your backup file and restore your settings. Thanks for letting me know!
Thank you for your reply!
And for the workaround.
@vdb86
You're welcome! I see you are the creator of the Digital Clock Screensaver. Awesome screensaver...been using it for about a year now. Are you still maintaining the add-on? I'd like to update the code to 4K.
(2024-01-02, 15:30)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@vdb86
You're welcome! I see you are the creator of the Digital Clock Screensaver. Awesome screensaver...been using it for about a year now. Are you still maintaining the add-on? I'd like to update the code to 4K.

I'm still maintaining it, but there's no active development.
Right now I add support for some skins here and there and that's about it.
Updating the code to 4K should be doable, but with the current code base I'm not sure if it would be an update or a separate 4K version.
Are you running this screensaver on a 4K monitor/tv?
If yes, could you show me what the current 720p version looks like?
@vdb86
Cool...I made a custom xml file for MQ 9. I'll take a screenshot later on and post it in the screensaver's thread.
UPDATE #47 - This will update the skin to v1.0.4.7

Image Additions
  • I added the studio Sony Pictures Releasing.
  • I added support for jurialmonkey's Wikipedia add-on. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for the request!
  • I added a frost image to the weather effects. It will display when it is snowing in your area. There is a button in SKIN SETTINGS > VISUAL EFFECTS to disable the image if you'd like. Thanks to martinsvision for the request!
  • I added Batman and Valentine's Day stars. Thanks to martinsvision for the request!
  • I added the header color to the scrollbar for KodiFlix and KodiFlix TV.

ImageMaintenance
  • The Top 250 number was not visible in the Extended Info script. I also added the IMDb Top 250 image.
  • There was also a background image not displaying in the Extended Info script.

There is also an update to the Coloured and White Studio Icons add-ons available in my repo.