Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@latts9923 Is there away to add to the visual effects like drop in some Easter and other holidays?
@martinsvision
I can look at adding Easter to the visual effects. What other holidays would you like to add?
(2023-02-21, 13:43)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@floyd4711
While browsing your music library, access the Top Menu and select "ART" and in the drop down menu select "SETTINGS (VISUALIZATION WINDOW).

ah, finally I got it. Thanks.
Sorry I was so close the other day, but wasn't able to see it.
@latts9923
Awesome!! Thank you !! St. Patrick's Day is another big one we dont have yet and maybe some star and stipes would work for multiple memorial / Labor Day ect. and I think that's all the big ones .
Hi everyone,

do you know if the problems on the android platform of Kodi Nexus have been resolved?
I found written that the problem was at Python level, but no updates after 20.0 have been released.
On another thread I find individual Addons updates (e.g. script.skin.helper.widgets, etc..) but I'll be honest... I'm a bit lost Smile

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to give me an answer
(2023-02-25, 13:57)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

do you know if the problems on the android platform of Kodi Nexus have been resolved?
I found written that the problem was at Python level, but no updates after 20.0 have been released.
On another thread I find individual Addons updates (e.g. script.skin.helper.widgets, etc..) but I'll be honest... I'm a bit lost Smile

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to give me an answer
I have not seen any reports that the issues have been resolved…I’m sticking with Matrix till I do…😁
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22737
Omega have fix Python update to 3.11.2.....jump in v21 vesrsion.
(2023-02-25, 18:11)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22737

Many Thanks @Angelinas and @wags1
if I switch to omega can I continue to use the AEON MQ8 skin mod by @latts9923 or should I stay on matrix?  Huh
(2023-02-25, 19:59)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-25, 18:11)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22737

Many Thanks @Angelinas and @wags1
if I switch to omega can I continue to use the AEON MQ8 skin mod by @latts9923 or should I stay on matrix?  Huh
If things are working for you with Matrix why not just stick with what is working? Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken…😉
(2023-02-26, 04:02)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]If things are working for you with Matrix why not just stick with what is working? Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken…😉
Hi @wags1 
I didn't decide to switch to Nexus... the automatic update to the next release to Matrix started, if I'm not mistaken and I remember correctly

If there is a way to block the automatic update ok for me
(2023-02-26, 14:12)Jumpy73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-02-26, 04:02)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]If things are working for you with Matrix why not just stick with what is working? Don’t fix it if it ain’t broken…😉
Hi @wags1 
I didn't decide to switch to Nexus... the automatic update to the next release to Matrix started, if I'm not mistaken and I remember correctly

If there is a way to block the automatic update ok for me
I experienced the same issue on both my Nvidia Shields. You can disable auto app updates in the Google Play Store. Just be aware that you can't do it on an individual app basis, it's all or nothing. I tried using Nexus for a week or so after they auto updated but could not put up with the crashes. I turned off auto app updates and reverted to Matrix on both my Shields. I'll run that way until the issues get resolved. You just have to remember to periodically check for app updates and update your other apps manually.
(2023-02-26, 14:56)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]I experienced the same issue on both my Nvidia Shields. You can disable auto app updates in the Google Play Store. Just be aware that you can't do it on an individual app basis, it's all or nothing. I tried using Nexus for a week or so after they auto updated but could not put up with the crashes. I turned off auto app updates and reverted to Matrix on both my Shields. I'll run that way until the issues get resolved. You just have to remember to periodically check for app updates and update your other apps manually.

Many thanks
Anyone else notice the hard drive temperature is gone , This just android issue?
UPDATE #36 - This will update the skin to v1.0.3.6

Image Additions
  • I added Patriotic, St. Patrick's Day and Easter as options to the Visual Effects. Thanks to martinvision for the request!
  • I added IMAX enhanced to the resolution flags. If you add "imax-enhanced" to your video filename the logo will display. Thanks to sw00sh for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • I had to tweak the code again to distinguish between the "SHOW ARTIST ON TOP AS" and "DIALOGUE TOP ART" settings. Thanks to Lammoth for reporting the bug!
  • The studio icon was only displaying the white icon in the video player media flags.

There is also an update to the Colored Resolution add-on available in my repo.
Hi @latts9923!
I've installed the skin this morning and managed to transfer my settings from Aeon MQ8 Big Grin
Got a bit of a problem, when I enter the Information window for a movie, TV show or an episode, the poster is missing.
https://imgur.com/a/5biqbu7
Any ideas why this is happening?

EDIT:
Figured it out, don't copy settings from the previous Aeon MQ8, they break something.
Instal the Aeon MQ8 for Matrix and then manually go through your settings.