Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone change the color of the covers? When I try it I get Error Skin Helper Service ColorPicker. 
I have it installed but it still won't let me.
Thx.
Is it possible to change the color of the covers as well? I don't see the option and in previous versions it was possible.
Thank you.
@Anjuas
You can change the color of the case if you have the Colorpicker add-on installed. What version of the Colorpicker are you running?
(2023-08-08, 00:05)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@Anjuas
You can change the color of the case if you have the Colorpicker add-on installed. What version of the Colorpicker are you running?

Ver: 2.0.3

I don't see the option to change the color of the casing. I was using an old version of KODI with old Aeon MQ8 too. When updating both things, it doesn't let me change the color of the case logos and the option to change the case color is no longer where it should be and I also don't see where that option can be now. Thanks and regards.
@Anjuas

Go to skin settings enter in Media Cases for Video, and press enter above the case will open a color window to choose another color. It´s possible to change in the same place one type of video for another.
(2023-08-08, 14:43)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]@Anjuas

Go to skin settings enter in Media Cases for Video, and press enter above the case will open a color window to choose another color. It´s possible to change in the same place one type of video for another.
Hi!.
Thx, works perfecly. And i can change the color of logo too. 

I installed Color Picker from the skin's own addons and that's why it didn't work. Download this and now if it works. Color Picker.

Thx all. Love this Aeon MQ 8. To me is the best.
Hello, I'm trying to use Aeon MQ 8 for Matrix Mod. I have a Raspberry Pi 4 that I have installed RaspianOS Bullseye on. I use the main default repository to install Kodi, which is 19.4. I then download Aeon MQ8 for Matrix Mod, v1.0.4.1.zip and install it. All is fine until I come to play a video file, at which point I'm prompted to install the "required Add-on" Embuary Helper. After doing this, Kodi crashes, and will crash every time it is launched. It seems Embuary Helper isn't compatible with Aeon MQ8 for Matrix. Is there a fix for this please, or some way to disable the notification to install Embuary Helper? Thank you!
@umbongo
Howdy...are you using Embuary Helper v2.0.8? If not, you can download that version here.
UPDATE #42 - This will update the skin to v1.0.4.2

Image Additions
  • I added a WEBDL icon to the mediatype flag. To display the flag, you can add ".webdl" or ".web-dl" to your filename. Thanks to GrimGriefer for the request!

Image Bug fixes
  • If you were missing discart for an album, and you had "LOGO IN CD" enabled for layout 4 or 6 in music viz, the clearlogo and artist name were both being displayed on the blank CD. The clearlogo was also not positioned correctly. Thanks to Chalklands for reporting the bug!

There is also an update to the Colored Videocodec add-on available in my repo.
Getting constant Skin Helper Errors.  Can anyone help solve this? Full log from last one posted here https://paste.kodi.tv/ahutiwaxov.kodi
(2023-09-03, 15:44)perspicacia Wrote: [ -> ]Getting constant Skin Helper Errors.  Can anyone help solve this? Full log from last one posted here https://paste.kodi.tv/ahutiwaxov.kodi

You should update "script.module.metadatautils" to version 1.0.50 .
(2023-09-03, 16:45)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-09-03, 15:44)perspicacia Wrote: [ -> ]Getting constant Skin Helper Errors.  Can anyone help solve this? Full log from last one posted here https://paste.kodi.tv/ahutiwaxov.kodi

Thanks I will see if that does the trick
(2023-09-03, 16:45)Fuchs2468 Wrote: [ -> ]

Unfortunately did not solve the issue. 

Log from latest instance of the error: https://paste.kodi.tv/inizamutar.kodi
(2023-09-03, 17:04)perspicacia Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately did not solve the issue. 

Log from latest instance of the error: https://paste.kodi.tv/inizamutar.kodi

An error was eliminated by the update, it was this:

Code:
2023-09-03 15:18:21.241 T:7505  WARNING <general>: Skin Helper Service --> Exception details: Type: ImportError Value: This platform lacks a functioning sem_open implementation, therefore, the required synchronization primitives needed will not function, see issue 3770. Traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 28, in <module>
                                                       from _multiprocessing import SemLock, sem_unlink
                                                   ImportError: cannot import name 'sem_unlink' from '_multiprocessing' (unknown location)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py", line 63, in onNotification
                                                       self.reset_win_props()
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/kodi_monitor.py", line 129, in reset_win_props
                                                       self.metadatautils.process_method_on_list(self.win.clearProperty, self.all_window_props)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/metadatautils.py", line 302, in process_method_on_list
                                                       return self._process_method_on_list(*args, **kwargs)
                                                     File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.metadatautils/lib/helpers/utils.py", line 232, in process_method_on_list
                                                       pool = ThreadPool()
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 925, in __init__
                                                       Pool.__init__(self, processes, initializer, initargs)
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/pool.py", line 196, in __init__
                                                       self._change_notifier = self._ctx.SimpleQueue()
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/context.py", line 113, in SimpleQueue
                                                       return SimpleQueue(ctx=self.get_context())
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/queues.py", line 336, in __init__
                                                       self._rlock = ctx.Lock()
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/context.py", line 67, in Lock
                                                       from .synchronize import Lock
                                                     File "/data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/python3.8/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/synchronize.py", line 30, in <module>
                                                       raise ImportError("This platform lacks a functioning sem_open" +
                                                   ImportError: This platform lacks a functioning sem_open implementation, therefore, the required synchronization primitives needed will not function, see issue 3770.

2023-09-03 15:18:21.241 T:7505    ERROR <general>: Skin Helper Service --> Exception in resources.lib.kodi_monitor ! --> This platform lacks a functioning sem_open implementation, therefore, the required synchronization primitives needed will not function, see issue 3770.

The 2nd error indicates this problem:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350319
Hi!
Could we have an additional option in Change pause screen to hide the graphical title as well?
@vdb86
I'll take a look at your request when I can...I'm away from my mod PC for a bit.
UPDATE #43 - This will update the skin to v1.0.4.3

Image Bug fixes
  • The webdl icon was not displaying due to a similar naming convention to the webtv icon. Please use the extensions ".web." (with a leading AND trailing period), ".webrip" or ".web-rip" to display the webtv icon. Thanks to Juan Mortyme for reporting the bug and providing the fix!

There is also an update to the Colored Videocodec add-on available in my repo.