Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently I am doing the iPhone remote control view.

You have the option to enlarge the touch area by retracting the info bar. I want to add the options that you can hide the volume slider and buttons when the bar is retracted.
I am open for suggestions.

This is what I have so far:

A break from the remote control view...the music part. I have started with the artists:

Looking really good Richard, thanks!

The "Albums from artist" are those that are in Kodi's Music Library, correct?

Regards,

Bart
(2015-12-13, 17:23)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Looking really good Richard, thanks!

The "Albums from artist" are those that are in Kodi's Music Library, correct?

Regards,

Bart

Yes, they are (works the same as in the iPad version)
I think this will do for the album overview, or not?

I like it! Thanks.
The other music parts are done.

Albums:

Genres:

Year:

The options:
Very soon I am beginning with the search option for the iPhone version. This is not the same as the search in Kodi option the iPad version has. With the search option you can find movies (themoviedb.org), series (thetvdb.com) and people (also from themoviedb.org). I personally find this a very handy feature. It also allows me to search for an actor when clicked on one and find out in what series and movies he/she played.

In the iPad version it's integrated with trakt.tv. Something I don't want to put in right away.
It's suggested by someone (a long time ago) to add data from Kodi to the results. So when you look for a movie, the results will also display if you have it in your library and seen it. The same for series of course.

Is this something still on the wanted features list? And should it do even more?

PS:
The search in Kodi will also be there. The difference with the other search option is that you can search for a keyword in the Kodi database.
Hi There,
i have a feature request for the new IPad/Iphone version:
would be nice to preselect Movie/Show list by genre, to scroll through just a specific genre / Artist / director
Genre would be my favorite. other preselection might be good for other users :-)
Best Regards
(2015-12-15, 12:21)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi There,
i have a feature request for the new IPad/Iphone version:
would be nice to preselect Movie/Show list by genre, to scroll through just a specific genre / Artist / director
Genre would be my favorite. other preselection might be good for other users :-)
Best Regards

I agree. I will put it on the to do list. It will then be a setting, because it requires retrieving additional data from Kodi, which I have kept now to a minimum so it would be a lot faster.
Just thinking....should it be a filter (available under the options of Movies XL) or a new menu option, or a new button on the main screen of Movies XL (e.g. next to the options button)?
When selecting the menu option (or button) you can then select an item (or items) to filter on (e.g. genre, director, year, actor) and then it will give the results in an overview..
Hi Richard,
I see this more as a generic filter to an existing list (regardless of Movie or show) so i would vote for a seperate item on the menuebar.
understand the speed concerns, especially if you look at the amount of actors you have to fetch for big libraries (this could easy grow beyound 64K of actors :-) ), maybe here the user should be able to enter free text, before you fetch all actors and display a list :-), the statement will be valid for directors as well.

for Genres it should be a fair asumption that you keep the list small.

just my 2 cents
Best Regards
(2015-12-16, 14:46)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard,
I see this more as a generic filter to an existing list (regardless of Movie or show) so i would vote for a seperate item on the menuebar.
understand the speed concerns, especially if you look at the amount of actors you have to fetch for big libraries (this could easy grow beyound 64K of actors :-) ), maybe here the user should be able to enter free text, before you fetch all actors and display a list :-), the statement will be valid for directors as well.

for Genres it should be a fair asumption that you keep the list small.

just my 2 cents
Best Regards

When I read your post I immediately thought is this not the search in Kodi option? Because there's the option just to search for a keyword.

The available genres will be retrieved from Kodi (it maintains a list of the genres).
Hi Richard,
that's correct genre is a search option in Kodi, or better to scroll through movies by genre (not sure if this is valid for TV shows).
if you like to do that in Kyra (not on the screen) you might get the existing genres throgh the api, but not sure.
Best Regards
(2015-12-16, 17:13)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard,
that's correct genre is a search option in Kodi, or better to scroll through movies by genre (not sure if this is valid for TV shows).
if you like to do that in Kyra (not on the screen) you might get the existing genres throgh the api, but not sure.
Best Regards

Yes, the genres can be retrieved through the api.

A scroll through movies (or series) by genres is a good idea.
Hi Richard,
For some reason my Movies only generates the same view as the Recently Added movies, displaying the 25 latest. It was working before but today it wasn't.
In the settings I have enabled caching and I haven't replaced Movies with Movies XL. Btw Movies XL is showing all my movies.
Any ideas?