Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-03-31, 17:16)HaloZone Wrote: [ -> ]I have found a fix for the power menu bug (opening other windows with "ActivateWindow(...)" for e.g. does not work):
The power menu has to be closed first, before you can open another window.

As stated in the description of the skinshortcuts script:
Quote:Important note: If you are using skinshortcuts to provide the powermenu (DialogButtonMenu.xml) in your skin, you MUST use this feature from Kodi Isengard (15) and higher. This is because of a change in that dialog that requires you to first close the dialog before launching any other windows.

Example (assuming the name of your powermenu is powermenu): <groupoverride group="powermenu" condition="Window.IsActive(DialogButtonMenu.xml)">Close</groupoverride>

So in order to fix the power menu, you just have to add the line
Code:
<groupoverride group="powermenu" condition="Window.IsActive(DialogButtonMenu.xml)">Close</groupoverride>
under "<overrides>" to: addons/skin.estuary.mod/shortcuts/overrides.xml
(the addons folder is in special://home, containing the userdata folder, too, see Kodi wiki/Userdata or Special_protocol)

As an alternative you can add you own overrides.xml under userdata, but the groupoverride does not work here (seems to add Close after the original action). Here you have to use:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
  <override action="globaloverride" group="powermenu">
    <condition>Window.IsActive(DialogButtonMenu.xml)</condition>
    <action>Close</action>
    <action>::ACTION::</action>
  </override>
</overrides>

I will post a pull request on github for this simple fix soon.

Fixed with new update.
(2017-04-02, 19:35)mborland Wrote: [ -> ]I can't find anyway to delete widgets. In TV shows there is recently added unwatched, etc. I want to delete all of them but 2. When I select "none", it leaves the current one.

Not possible. Personnalized widgets can't be deleted. You must use customizable widgets to do that.
These mods add a ton of versatility to the standard estuary skin. Thanks for that.
But I've hit what I think is a bug.
During playback of live TV if I bring up the OSD all of the buttons are deactivated so I can't even stop playback. All I can do is hit the back key and then start something else playing. Then the OSD works and I can stop.
This skin is great I love the customization options

But I have found some problems with the fanart:

1- In the music library I can't manually add background fanart. Well, I can add it but it just doesn't appear

2- If I activate the extra fanart option on the music library the background on each album blinks and then disappear, every time I move the cursor to a new album the background blinks and then disappear
Am I missing something or is the main menu does not stretch from top to bottom like on this.
http://m.imgur.com/a/TZ1PF
(2017-04-05, 13:00)x007sunny Wrote: [ -> ]Am I missing something or is the main menu does not stretch from top to bottom like on this.

Your screenshot show a skin based on estuary V2 (aka stock estuary on kodi 17 release) but during Kodi 17 development there was an estuary V1 on which the skin of this thread is based

Same name but not same skin
(2017-04-05, 15:55)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 13:00)x007sunny Wrote: [ -> ]Am I missing something or is the main menu does not stretch from top to bottom like on this.

Your screenshot show a skin based on estuary V2 (aka stock estuary on kodi 17 release) but during Kodi 17 development there was an estuary V1 on which the skin of this thread is based

So I can't have this on kodi 17?
(2017-04-05, 17:15)x007sunny Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-04-05, 15:55)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]

So I can't have this on kodi 17?

You have to find a skin based on estuary v2 (like your screenshot) made to work on kodi 17
Hi Guys,

is there any way to use this mod to overall improve the skin, but get back the homescreen? I really liked the leftbar and the bigger icons and stuff, but i cannot live without editing these widgets (its so sad, that the default skin can't even un-show already watched items...)

i just saw, that the MOD in Version Kodi 18 does look like that indeed, but not the 17 version. Can i change to the 18 version somehow?
Hey folks, great skin!

I'm trying to add a custom menu item that will launch the Windows 10 Netflix app. I tried adding a custom command as follows:

System.Exec(netflix: ) # not actually a space, but avoiding the smiley emoticon

It is able to launch the app, but then the focus immediately returns to Kodi. Is there a way for the focus to stay on Netflix? I also tried System.ExecWait and it behaves the same way.

Alternately if anyone has suggestions for a better way to launch external applications from Kodi I'm all ears. I tried Advanced Launcher and it partially worked but gave me some grief, and it seems no longer supported, so I'm looking for another way.
Hello,
I use this skin. But I have some issues.
All addons are installed exclude artworkdownloader for movies. I use EMM for scrapping movies.

MusicArtwork: I customize that the extrafanart will be in the music folder of the artist. But the download works only if I add a new artist.
I deleted the extrafanart folder for an existing artist, but I don't get any extrafanart again. Someone who knows this issue or Is there a workaround for this.
(2017-03-30, 22:41)J0rd4n500 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

Trying to use this skin mod to add a few widgets from a video app not sure if i can name it on here or what. But i have 5 widgets for tv shows and 5 for movies. But the issue is when i go from 1 to the other the moves/tv show posters and names stay probably for about a minute or so. Is there anyway to make it change as soo as i move from movies to tv shows.

Great skin, but I have the same problem.
Same here, only on TV Shows, it's laggy and sometimes it won't appear unless you restart.
Anyway, i keep using it, it's great skin (Kody17)

Where I can find this skin?
(2017-04-06, 15:06)iRubin Wrote: [ -> ]

Where I can find this skin?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306757

But it is for kodi 18 only