Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-04, 20:01)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 19:53)Cincinnatus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid you're mistaken. The discount code applies to the Nvidia store, which lists an MSRP of $50 more than the Amazon regular price. I got in touch with the moderator at the Nvidia forum, and this was his response:

I'm not sure of what you're trying to say. The SATV is listed for $199 on both the Nvidia Store and Amazon, so I don't know were you're getting that it's listed as $50 more.

With the coupon code that makes it $149 from the Nvidia Store.
Simple math......$199 - $50 = $149
Interesting. I stand corrected. Last I looked, it was $249. My mistake. That's a helluva deal. Thanks for the link!
(2015-11-04, 20:48)Cincinnatus Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. I stand corrected. Last I looked, it was $249. My mistake. That's a helluva deal. Thanks for the link!

It's never been $249. From the day it was launched it has been $199, what you were probably looking at was a bundle deal which included the remote.
looking to get this for a bedroom unit.

Most of my files are blu-ray, i always rip lossless and the core so dts-hd and dts for example.

I will just be outputting to the tv speakers. How well does this pair with the Ultimate harmony?

is this one of the better options.

Thanks.
Received mine today from amazon uk and extremely happy with it, plays big buck bunny 1080p hevc 60hz no problems without any dropped frames, my nuc5i5 latest generation coundn't manage this so glad ive changed over. Ive bought this just for streaming movies and music from my qnap nas and im really happy with it plays 23.976fps media no problem to my 2015 sony kdl -43w805 and with added bonus the tv remote can control kodi as well which im extremely happy about. Time to stick my htpc on ebay now. Big Grin
Hi all

I currently have a android t8 box and thinking of upgrading to a shield TV.. I know there is a huge thread on this Box and I have tried to read it but to be honest it's a bit technical.

Basically is it a good Box for kodi?

Also my box does not list certain streams that use https.
Will this box do that?

Thanks for any answers
Nod
(2015-11-04, 21:10)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 20:48)Cincinnatus Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting. I stand corrected. Last I looked, it was $249. My mistake. That's a helluva deal. Thanks for the link!

It's never been $249. From the day it was launched it has been $199, what you were probably looking at was a bundle deal which included the remote.

LOL

I won't rule anything out at this point.
Eek
I have kodi 15.2 up and running on my shield but when I start a show, it's muted for about 20 secs or so. After that the sounds comes in and it's fine after that. I have kodi on a pc, 2 Fire TVs, and a Mac mini , but I've never seen this issue before. I was hoping someone here might have a suggest to try.
(2015-11-05, 03:53)Bartman65 Wrote: [ -> ]I have kodi 15.2 up and running on my shield but when I start a show, it's muted for about 20 secs or so. After that the sounds comes in and it's fine after that. I have kodi on a pc, 2 Fire TVs, and a Mac mini , but I've never seen this issue before. I was hoping someone here might have a suggest to try.

Try turning deinterlace off
Just snagged a lightly used Shield off Ebay for $145!

Although I see they are potentially $149 though the Nvidia store so maybe my deal isn't so great, but I saved $4 I guess haha, excited anyway Smile
Can somebody tell me how to avail 50 dollar discount on nvidia shield
Is the 16GB model of the shield adequate, or should I be looking at one with more storage? My experience with Android on a phone suggests that it's more than adequate, but it never hurts to ask...
Adequate, unless you plan to install a lot of games. For now, if you add a microSD card, the data for some games don't move with the games themselves to the microSD. Believe this is supposed to be fixed with Android M, but don't know when Shield TV will get the update.
(2015-11-05, 15:28)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Adequate, unless you plan to install a lot of games. For now, if you add a microSD card, the data for some games don't move with the games themselves to the microSD. Believe this is supposed to be fixed with Android M, but don't know when Shield TV will get the update.

I've lived very comfortably in 16G on my phone, and I have no real plans for using it as a gaming platform, so I'm sure it'll be fine. Also, I plan to root the device, so there's the probability that a utility like 'app2sd' or TiBu will be helpful in managing available RAM. Looking forward to ordering this puppy shortly...
You only really need the 16GB version.

Nvidia has stated that a "M" update will be released before the end of the year and it will allow you to treat the microSD and USB storage as internal storage.