Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-12-03, 15:22)Uukrul Wrote: [ -> ]I uploaded here the latest master compiled with the included patch.

can you post a patch file and short instructions on how to compile it as well?
(2015-12-03, 10:22)nikc0069 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-03, 09:32)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-03, 01:30)nikc0069 Wrote: [ -> ]Made no difference to my setup. I checked the bitrate of the video files a d above about 15 Mb/s I get the slight judder every few frames so guess my network isn't up to it. Just seems my server has coincidentally started grabbing some high bitrate rips about the same time I got my shield. Downside of homeplugs I guess. Unless it is smb but I've never found an easy way on Windows 8.1 to do nfs shares which might help.

I still have a few files that judder, ( think it's the files themselves ) what might be at fault. But some files I had have stopped juddering.

I changed to a nfs share, but didn't make any difference, I'm sure when I was running 15.2 Isengard from the playstore I didn't get any play back trouble?

But I cant be bothered going back and setting Kodi up again. I'm at the point now where I'm spending more time messing about that actually watching anything in Kodi!

I could try the same file on 15.2 I guess. Won't have time until at least Sunday though I don't think. Have you tried any of the nightlies? You can just install over the top so might be worth a go.

Yeah I was on a nightly from Tues, so might try another this week.
(2015-12-03, 15:24)luksol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-03, 15:22)Uukrul Wrote: [ -> ]I uploaded here the latest master compiled with the included patch.

can you post a patch file and short instructions on how to compile it as well?

ok, my bad, it is there in the zip, sorry Smile
WARNING: sideloading non Team Kodi builds creates mismatching build signature which causes that you will loose any hopes of auto upgrading and you even have to delete our build.
(2015-12-03, 16:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]WARNING: sideloading non Team Kodi builds creates mismatching build signature which causes that you will loose any hopes of auto upgrading and you even have to delete our build.

I'm not aware of any upgrading mechanism for android? Is there something like the "OpenELEC Dev Update" (RPi) for android also avail?
(2015-12-04, 10:21)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-03, 16:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]WARNING: sideloading non Team Kodi builds creates mismatching build signature which causes that you will loose any hopes of auto upgrading and you even have to delete our build.

I'm not aware of any upgrading mechanism for android? Is there something like the "OpenELEC Dev Update" (RPi) for android also avail?

I think this means through the Play store
(2015-12-03, 04:55)Uukrul Wrote: [ -> ]About hardware deinterlacing: yes, the Shield supports it and does a pretty good job. Unfortunately, Kodi doesn't use the h/w decoder for MPEG2 and SD (see here)

I did a quick hack and compiled a build with the two references to AV_CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO removed and now I can enjoy Live TV SD channels with proper hardware deinterlacing Smile

So with this compiled version for live tv you can say that the deinterlacing quality is like chromebox (using VAAPI-MCDI)?
I usually load the latest nightlies through ES file explorer, is this frowned upon?
(2015-12-04, 11:34)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]I usually load the latest nightlies through ES file explorer, is this frowned upon?

No, those are still "Team Kodi builds".
Ok thanks, well whats Martijn mean?
He talks about custom-made builds, like the one in post #1845
Ok, I understand now thanks.
Where do i look to find out what's changed in the latest nightlies?
(2015-12-04, 12:43)gkf9 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I understand now thanks.
Where do i look to find out what's changed in the latest nightlies?

http://trac.kodi.tv/timeline?from=12%2F0...ate=Update
The Logitech K400 keyboard work well with Kodi, also I have a Harmony 900 remote but only works a few keys. I can assign keyboard keys to harmony? In Win 10 if I can add "MCE keyboard"
Mine has just arrived today, I seem to be having problems casting (from my phone) while the shield is via ethernet although works perfectly over wifi. Anything obvious I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

Also, not seeing any option to stream games from my laptop?