Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nVidia Shield TV 16GB on sale for $175 shipped @ Amazon; or possibly $165 shipped. Not as good as the Black Friday $150 deal, but still good.
I must be blind but my Shield TV that I bought 5 days ago, has superb and deep blacks, and excellent colors like it used to have with my Raspberry Pi One on my Pana Tv...
Can someone help me answer the following:
I have a hamony 200 series and have added shield as a component. But very few buttons work as standard. I would like to use many more buttons on my harmony remote. I tried to learn from joypad, which didn't work. Guessing it's because it perhaps runs Bluetooth.

My question is:
If I buy the Harmony smart control with remote and hub, will I then be able to teach the new remote from the bluetooth joypad to use many more buttons?
(2016-01-05, 10:17)Bjur Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone help me answer the following:
I have a hamony 200 series and have added shield as a component. But very few buttons work as standard. I would like to use many more buttons on my harmony remote. I tried to learn from joypad, which didn't work. Guessing it's because it perhaps runs Bluetooth.

My question is:
If I buy the Harmony smart control with remote and hub, will I then be able to teach the new remote from the bluetooth joypad to use many more buttons?

No, no and sort of.

The controller uses wi-fi direct, not bluetooth so you can't teach any remote the controllers commands. However, with the Smart Control Hub you can use a 2 device solution, Shield as IR and a Windows PC to add extra commands via bluetooth.

The second chart here: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hu...065#M24223 shows how you can set it up.
(2016-01-05, 10:17)Bjur Wrote: [ -> ]But very few buttons work as standard. I would like to use many more buttons on my harmony remote.

Or you could just buy a Flirc and get full control from existing remote without the larger cost of buying a hub model.
Thanks for the answer Tinwarble. So when adding a Windows PC I can map for instance keyboard "c" in smart control, assign it to a random button on the remote and assign "c" in keymap.xml to something like download subtile (can't remember my keymap.xml)?
(2016-01-05, 11:16)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-05, 10:17)Bjur Wrote: [ -> ]But very few buttons work as standard. I would like to use many more buttons on my harmony remote.

Or you could just buy a Flirc and get full control from existing remote without the larger cost of buying a hub model.
And thanks Hiphopopotamus. I have also considered the flirc, but I can buy a used Harmony smart control where I live for almost the same price as a new flirc.
delete
Then that may be the better option as you may end up with better hardware. I am on a 650 with Flirc, vey happy.
Of maybe no interest, I noticed as I was setting up my Flirc and Harmony the other day, that the exclamation point got removed form the Shield device in the Harmony program. That icon is to alert you of a device that takes commands via no IR means.
I had hoped that this meant all controls had finally come to the Harmony's. No, made no difference, still exactly the same as before with most commands missing. We only have to wait until Mid 2015 for Logitech to fix it.
(2016-01-05, 11:30)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]Of maybe no interest, I noticed as I was setting up my Flirc and Harmony the other day, that the exclamation point got removed form the Shield device in the Harmony program. That icon is to alert you of a device that takes commands via no IR means.
I had hoped that this meant all controls had finally come to the Harmony's. No, made no difference, still exactly the same as before with most commands missing. We only have to wait until Mid 2015 for Logitech to fix it.

Hope you mean mid 2016 as mid 2015 is WAY in the past LOL
(2016-01-05, 14:43)Topken Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you mean mid 2016 as mid 2015 is WAY in the past LOL

I believe there was so sarcasm there because the Hamony app still states that it is coming "mid 2015".Wink
my Shied arrives tomorrow, I have a Panasonic VT60, will I have problems with image quality? I'm reading so many people having problems with this box.
I guess you will have a definitive answer tomorrow rather than conjecture form the rest of us that can't see your TV.
I gather you have skipped all the parts where we praise this box too.