Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-18, 13:10)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE:

Auto Frame Rate bug fixed for Nvidia Shield TV, with the latest nightly build(18-Oct-2015 06:26)

I just installed that build and it stopped my video libraries form showing. Music was still there, but TV and Movies was empty. MySQL setup, not skin related as I switched to confluence, and it only had "Video" header, no Movies or TV anymore. I reverted to kodi-20151003-b2e2eca-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and all good again.
I rebooted several times before reverting.
(2015-10-18, 14:30)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]

Auto Frame Rate bug fixed for Nvidia Shield TV, with the latest nightly build(18-Oct-2015 06:26)

I just installed that build and it stopped my video libraries form showing. Music was still there, but TV and Movies was empty. MySQL setup, not skin related as I switched to confluence, and it only had "Video" header, no Movies or TV anymore. I reverted to kodi-20151003-b2e2eca-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and all good again.

working flawlessly for me. What was your previous kodi?

That's happened to me in the passed. your TV and Movies are still there you have to set TV & movie scraper again.
Getting more and more interested in this unit, far more than most other Kodi players.

Seeing that many of the firmware "bugs" are being worked out for the Shield. Please correct if I'm incorrect about this, but with regard to the 7.1 audio pass-through, the Shield "firmware" supports it but Kodi is still not completely supporting it.

Am I right on this, or completely wrong?

Thanks!
(2015-10-18, 14:46)John14o Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing that many of the firmware "bugs" are being worked out for the Shield. Please correct if I'm incorrect about this, but with regard to the 7.1 audio pass-through, the Shield "firmware" supports it but Kodi is still not completely supporting it.

Correct (although I actually never tried 7.1 passthrough with another app, if such exists).
(2015-10-18, 14:44)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-18, 14:30)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]

That's happened to me in the passed. your TV and Movies are still there you have to set TV & movie scraper again.

kodi-20151003-b2e2eca 16.0 Alpha 4

I know they are still there, as soon as I reverted to the version above, they were back. With the MySQL setup, and advanced settings xml, I shouldn't ned to scrape again, it should be recognised immediately.
(2015-10-18, 15:52)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-18, 14:44)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-18, 14:30)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed that build and it stopped my video libraries form showing. Music was still there, but TV and Movies was empty. MySQL setup, not skin related as I switched to confluence, and it only had "Video" header, no Movies or TV anymore. I reverted to kodi-20151003-b2e2eca-master-armeabi-v7a.apk and all good again.

kodi-20151003-b2e2eca 16.0 Alpha 4

I know they are still there, as soon as I reverted to the version above, they were back. With the MySQL setup, and advanced settings xml, I shouldn't ned to scrap again, it should be recognised immediately.

There was a change introduced between the 10/8 and 10/9 build that broke the Movies section of Plexbmc-titan skin's smart shortcuts for me as well. Not my TV Shows or Documentary smart short cut actions though. Just Movies.
(2015-10-18, 10:50)tdbegley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-18, 07:09)Jhey Wrote: [ -> ]Hello just got this device yesterday and loving it, I've moved the kodi app to the micro sd but still some of it is on the internal storage, how do I move everything to the micro sd card?

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/

Follow the details for fire rev2. The shield mounts the eternal sd to the same place /stroage/sdcard1 so the instructions in that post will work on the shield as well.

This won't work for me:
2132000 (post)
can anyone post exact instructions?
(2015-10-18, 14:48)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-18, 14:46)John14o Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing that many of the firmware "bugs" are being worked out for the Shield. Please correct if I'm incorrect about this, but with regard to the 7.1 audio pass-through, the Shield "firmware" supports it but Kodi is still not completely supporting it.

Correct (although I actually never tried 7.1 passthrough with another app, if such exists).

It works with the native Video Player and someone has also said it works with MX Player. I also believe it's been merged into Exoplayer https://github.com/google/ExoPlayer
(2015-10-19, 06:41)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]This won't work for me:
2132000 (post)

Sure: http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/
Use the exact folder names as specified in the step-by-step explanation above.

I thought this was already in RC3? Whats the point of running a nightly on the shield at this point, other than testing?
(2015-10-19, 08:21)touser Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought this was already in RC3? Whats the point of running a nightly on the shield at this point, other than testing?

So far the latest Jarvis 16 nightly build runs perfectly.

Additional reasons why I now use Jarvis nightly builds:

*HD Audio

*Long button press for Nvidia remote(access context menu)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vLPa7OHLM

*report bugs to kodi
(2015-10-19, 06:41)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-18, 07:09)Jhey Wrote: [ -> ]Hello just got this device yesterday and loving it, I've moved the kodi app to the micro sd but still some of it is on the internal storage, how do I move everything to the micro sd card?

Follow the details for fire rev2. The shield mounts the eternal sd to the same place /stroage/sdcard1 so the instructions in that post will work on the shield as well.

This won't work for me:
2132000 (post)

You need to connect to your shield from your pc or laptop via adb. Do you know how to do that?
(2015-10-19, 10:27)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-19, 08:21)touser Wrote: [ -> ]

So far the latest Jarvis 16 nightly build runs perfectly.

Additional reasons why I now use Jarvis nightly builds:

*HD Audio

*Long button press for Nvidia remote(access context menu)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vLPa7OHLM

*report bugs to kodi

Will my existing isengard setup work on jarvis?

I run the kodi data from the external sd card so if i uninstall isengard and install jarvis the data folder will be the same as it was for isengard. Will there be any compatibility issues?
(2015-10-19, 11:52)tdbegley Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-19, 06:41)querty1000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-18, 10:50)tdbegley Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-partially...b-storage/

This won't work for me:
2132000 (post)

You need to connect to your shield from your pc or laptop via adb. Do you know how to do that?

I have read this but i don't see the difference using ES Explorer. All that is to do is:
- copy the .kodi content to a new folder on other location (SD-card, USB thumb)
- point of this folder via xbmc_ebv.properties created or copied to /sdcard
and nothing more, or do i miss something?

I will try the way connecting via OTG port, but i don't have such a long cable.

Doesn't seem to move for me, getting an error.

The syntax of this command is incorrect. (Im using copy and paste)