Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-09, 23:59)Kris404 Wrote: [ -> ]It works if you install the Amazon Store app and the mobile Instant Video app.

It's not the same Sony Google TV experience though Sad

Kris, does this work well with a remote or more like the tablet/phone version? What I mean by that is, does it need a touch screen or mouse type interface?

Thanks.
(2015-06-10, 00:23)schwang Wrote: [ -> ]Someone mentioned that a ftv update may have fixed it so the remote only works with a ftv.
Has anyone got this to work?
Only Fire TV remote that has never been updated will work with SATV. However, Fire TV stick remote will work.
(2015-06-10, 01:07)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Rooting shouldn't effect Netflix since the same version of the app runs on the AFTV and rooting doesn't effect it. However, there are other apps that will probably not work correctly, like Flixster.
You have Netflix 2.2 on your AFTV?
(2015-06-10, 01:23)ngergely Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-09, 23:59)Kris404 Wrote: [ -> ]It works if you install the Amazon Store app and the mobile Instant Video app.

It's not the same Sony Google TV experience though Sad

Kris, does this work well with a remote or more like the tablet/phone version? What I mean by that is, does it need a touch screen or mouse type interface?

Thanks.

Works with the remote, it is a tablet version.

I watched couple of videos with it , more like a webview version.

Better than nothing I guess, if you can put up with the interface.
(2015-06-10, 02:06)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]You have Netflix 2.2 on your AFTV?

Yeah, sorry, no I forgot that it was a different version on the SATV. However, that being said, no one that has rooted has said anything about not being able to use Netflix, so it should still be OK.
(2015-06-10, 02:32)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]However, that being said, no one that has rooted has said anything about not being able to use Netflix, so it should still be OK.
I agree, rooting should be fine. Even unlocked bootloader should be fine as is the case with ADT-1. It was only Sony Xperia devices that had problems (DRM keys lost) when the bootloader was unlocked.
(2015-06-09, 17:47)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else had issues with ES File Manager and accessing via ftp with the Remote Manager interface?
I want to place the advacedsettings.xml & sources.xml files into the correct location. I have installed Kodi via ES and Google Drive, now I am trying to copy accross the two xml files.
I Turn On the remote Manager, and enter the supplied IP and port details into Forklift (ftp app) and it won't connect.
I can switch HDMI input to the Nexus Player, do the same thing and connect straight away.

What does seem odd to me is the IP ES Remote Manger is asking me to access. The static IP on the Shield is 192.168.1.50, in DHCP form it comes through as 192.168.1.7.
When I fire up Remote Manager on ES, it gives me an IP to go to off ftp://192.168.49.0:3721/.
Every attempt fails. I reset the Shield, same IP request, I switched to WiFi form Gigabit, and it asks for the same IP.

Anyone have any idea?
Can I force ES to chose another IP for the ftp connection? I can't find one.

I have the same issue, I bet ES is latching on to the wrong network interface, its probably the Bluetooth one for that range.
Good/bad to know I am not alone.
I tried to switch form Ethernet to wifi, but it had issues and wouldn’t connect. I didn’t try to pull the Ethernet cable, will try that later. I did however get ES itself to connect to the wifi, when that happened, I still had the same bloody issue with that odd IP. What should have been a few minutes has now taken hours, and still haven’t progressed. I can see a few resets are on the horizon. I can’t remember why exactly (it was 2am, and I was long over it) but I got the feeling that doing a reset was not in fact wiping all data. Going to try this - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...w-to-fix-/
As far as I know Remote Management isn't enabled on the Shield. You can't connect to it via ftp for probably the same reason that you can't connect to it via ADB over wi-fi. Only direct connections are allowed.

If you need to copy the advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml to the Shield, just copy them to a share folder, then from the Shield use ES and select LAN, then Scan for your shares or manual input the your shares IP.

Or copy them to a USB drive and plug it into the Shield.

Navigate to where the files are located and select the first file, press an hold the OK/Select button until the first one has a check mark, then select the next file. Select Copy, then in ES navigate to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ and the Paste.
(2015-06-07, 18:48)noggin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-07, 18:30)kenofstephen Wrote: [ -> ]Tegra 4 decodes video terribly, hope this X1 is improved.

AIUI nVidia switched to their Desktop/Laptop range of GPUs with the Tegra K series, so you got a Kepler GPU in the K1 and now you get a Maxwell GPU in the X1. Unlike other SoCs I believe that the VPU is integrated with the GPU on nVidia SoCs - so the K1 and X1 should offer very decent video decode performance.

yes, should, but not there at the moment...Nod
(2015-06-10, 02:04)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-10, 00:23)schwang Wrote: [ -> ]Someone mentioned that a ftv update may have fixed it so the remote only works with a ftv.
Only Fire TV remote that has never been updated will work with SATV. However, Fire TV stick remote will work.

That still doesn't make any sense. Both remotes are nothing more than "bluetooth keyboards" in how they work. I've never seen the remote itself ever have an "update".
I use the Fire TV stick remote with mine and I use the kodi amazon instant add-on until amazon releases an official app.
You can do adb over Wi-Fi after you have restarted the adb daemon on port 5555- tcpip adb 5555. This you will have to do connected via USB.

(2015-06-10, 07:40)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-10, 02:04)wesk05 Wrote: [ -> ]

That still doesn't make any sense. Both remotes are nothing more than "bluetooth keyboards" in how they work. I've never seen the remote itself ever have an "update".

The remotes get a separate update and you have manually update it.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fire-tv-r...d-to-v351/

But I don't think the FW has anything to do with why it's not pairing because I've paired the same remote with my Chromebox but haven't been able to get it to pair with the Shield.

It appears that some people have been able to get it to pair (after multiple tries) and other can't.
(2015-06-10, 07:40)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]That still doesn't make any sense. Both remotes are nothing more than "bluetooth keyboards" in how they work. I've never seen the remote itself ever have an "update".

Amazon had pushed two remote updates last year.
http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fire-tv-r...d-to-v351/
http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-fire-tv-v...d-to-v352/

I have no idea why Amazon Fire TV and Nexus Player remotes will not connect.